The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I just HAD to share this with you!! Can anyone top this bizarre excuse?

Hi [merchant name deleted],

Can you tell us what "Unqualified Lead" means for the below referenced deduction.

Thanks,
    Bill

Original Transaction ID xxx
    Correction Transaction ID xxx
    Correction Reason Unqualified Lead
    Original Amount $970.80
    Original Commission $58.25
    Correction Amount ($970.80)
    Correction Commission ($58.25)

----------------------------------------
    Bill,
    We always are happy to approve orders quickly so our valued affiliates get credit for their sales promptly. Unfortunately, the order in question is something we are having investigated by CJ. This was a phone order taken in our office. I'm guessing that one of our customer service reps may have clicked on one of your links from our service center. I apologize for having to reverse this. Thank you for partnering with us and please call me if you have any questions.
    Hi [merchant name deleted],

Thanks for the quick response. We're formally requesting a copy of the investigation, as CJ states we have to request it from you.

Also, we'd like further clarification as to your customer service reps clicking on links from our sites...

If merchants are clicking thru our links (and obviously not purchasing anything), it will adversely affect our click-to-sale ratios and the formulas we use in determining successful links from the ones that need to be eliminated. Why are your reps clicking? How many clicks per month? Etc.

Regards,
    Bill
    Bill,
    If our customer service reps did in fact click on you, it was by accident. I would imagine at most it could ccount for 2-3 clicks per month.

Best Regards,
    xxx
    Bill,
    Good morning. I spent about an hour on the phone with CJ's Technical services yesterday regarding this matter because a 2nd order showed up that we had to not allow as well. We spoke with xxx in Technical Services and this is what her research revealed:

The person sitting at the computer accidentally must have surfed a link of yours about 3 and a half hours before they took a phone order. Trust me, this is extremely rare to happen...if you want to know how frequently, I'd guess no more than twice a month...probably less. Now the odd thing that happens with CJ software is that once you reject a sale...the next sale taken on that computer...goes to the affiliate if cookies aren't cleared properly. Very strange.

Anyhow, we value you as an affiliate and hope that you'll continue to partner with us. If you have any questions on this matter, please contact xxx and she said she'll explain it to you.

Best Regards,
    xxx

Welcome to Bizarro World!!!

wierd...

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Sounds like a go collect thing that happened to me a while back
    I had asked them to check something on my site, then they used that systen and a sale went through crdited to me in error, so for at least my reversal it sounded as it could actually have occurred as stated

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I had a merchant reverse a $~1700.00 order because it was "their tech guy doing a test."

Yah sure...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

If they were a decent merchant, they'd just give you the commission out of goodwill for their own stupidity. It's not your fault that their customer service people are idiots. Just exactly how does someone click on a link "by accident"?

Andy

At least they answer their emails!

That ought to be worth a little slack - once.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread