ABW Ambassador
    While I have no idea the command structure of CJ and if they all just operate as separate entities, but there is hope if Valueclick runs them all the same - like valueclick.

I just started running their cpm/cpc ads. So far higher overall CPM than fastclick. And they are very, very, very responsive .

I signed up, within 2 hours they were outlining how they would set me up and treat me, had a phone call with them (didn't mind that one in this instance). Excellent support and the first thing the guy did was remove all the gator etc ads out of the mix.

So i am running them for a few weeks. I get a freaking ad with a driveby install. I won't mention it since they are dealing with it. So I send an email and say how unhappy i was it was in my mix, and even though I can exclude it (and did), i am surprised valueclick would allow such junk.

They don't. I got a phone call again to thank me for the email and that they were addressing the problem. And were setting up a system for when new advertisers join the network that are bho's, they will not be thrown into the mix, but will be marked and only publishers allowing that junk will have the ads displayed.

Nice.

Sure fastclick allows you to choose, but then i sit there every day fretting over my mix. This is simpler.

And their cpms are really nice right now, it may be that i have a site that is what they are looking for right now, but i am changing them to my leader and fastclick to my default... so it is pretty damn good.

So maybe in a little bit, the valueclick mentality will seep down to CJ and they will stop promoting Whenu and other junk to new merchants.

Chet
    ps. Todd are you able to tell us the company structure? Is CJ an independent entity?

I have absolutely nothing to say against Fastclick. It is a wonderful company. We made over $2,400 last month from them. They have a great information panel, absolutely scientific statistics with graphs, and are always courteous and prompt in their responses to us.
    Later...

huhu

Nowhere is there a pure creation or production of power without a corresponding exhaustion of something to supply it.

ABW Ambassador
    What kind of merchants do they have???

http and a telephoto
    Value Click turned my site down and when asked for a reason they never answered. I'll go look at FastClick.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Right now they have a mix of national campaigns. Cell phones, sbc, yahoo, ask etc. A nice mix of ads. But it does depend on what kind of site you have. If you can't get into valueclick, I doubt fastclick will let you in, they are traditionally a harder nut to crack.

And they are advertisers, not merchants ~ different terminology as some advertisers can have multiple merchants under them.

I use them on my big general audience sites, cpm/cpc mixes can pay off well if you have the traffic.

Chet

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread