ABW Ambassador
    The Item On the top of my CJ wish list would be a way for foreign Affiliates to get paid slightly faster.

When I was living in the UK this was not a problem for me as Direct Deposit had the money in my account on or around the 24th

US affiliates using DD got paid today 20th and I am very happy for them.

However affiliates in countries that dont have current CJ access to DD have to wait a lot longer to get paid. Last month the money was deducted out of my account on the 19th as per usual but the check wasn't cut until the 24th and didnt get delivered until the 3rd or 4th of the following month.

That is a total of 1 month and 3-4 days from close of month to payment.

Even if CJ were to post the checks out on the 20th that would be a huge improvement meaning it arrives 4 days earlier.

An even better solution in my opinion would be to allow foreign affiliates in non DD countries to opt in for special delivery or wire transfer options with the affiliate covering the entire cost.

This little change would involve a little more work on CJs part but would make me for one a very happy camper.

All in favour say 'AYE'

All the best,

DPG

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Two things I'd like to see:

1. An indication BEOFRE you apply to a merchant that states whether they auto-approve or not.

2. A text field in the application process where you can send a note to the merchant that they will read as part of your application. I have a number of websites listed in the CJ interface and a whole bunch more that aren't listed (it slows down the interface too much for me). So probably 90% of my applications are denied. It gets to the stage where it's just not worth the bother trying to get these people to realise that you're worth approving.

DPG, being new to the CJ side of things, I haven't explored their trials and tribulations of off-shore direct deposit. From my years at Be Free, I know that it's a challenge. I'll check to see what has been investigated, but the way I understand it, setup is country-by-country and logisically prohibitive.

Drewbert, I'm all for your second suggestion, but let me ask why does it matter to you that an advertiser is auto-approve or not before you apply? Do you really base your partnership decisions on whether they auto-approve or not?

Is it just because of the problem you mention with needing to explain your application with a comments field? Would resolving that eliminate the need?

Keep the suggestions coming. It's always good to hear these "little" things that might make a big difference.

--scott

quote:
    Originally posted by ScottJ:
    ... let me ask why does it matter to you that an advertiser is auto-approve or not before you apply?

Do you really base your partnership decisions on whether they auto-approve or not?

--scott

Yes, sometimes I do. If I am working on a site, I really don't want to wait days or months till a merchant decides to approve me. By that time I am off to something else and it might take a while to get back to it - if ever. (especially if I find another merchant who DOES auto-approve)
    Ebudae

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    DPG, being new to the CJ side of things, I haven't explored their trials and tribulations of off-shore direct deposit. From my years at Be Free, I know that it's a challenge. I'll check to see what has been investigated, but the way I understand it, setup is country-by-country and logisically prohibitive. ~ScottJ

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the response and welcome to CJ

I can understand the difficulty of the task given the vast number of affiliates in Both CJ and Befree but would really appreciate any method of increasing the payment time you can come up with.

FYI in the case of NZ.

In the past CJ would issue a WELLS FARGO Bank check drawn on the Bank of New Zealand.

As of last month this changed to a Travelex Bank Check Drawn On The National Bank.

The slow down in the process is the delivery of the Check via the US postal service.

I for one would be more than happy to pay the US$70 charge to have the check sent by UPS, FEDEX or DHL.

DD would be the best option but I wonder if you have enough affiliates in NZ for this to be a route you would want to persue?

Thank you for your time,

DPG

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    quote:
    I for one would be more than happy to pay the US$70 charge to have the check sent by UPS, FEDEX or DHL.

I had requested to be put on the DHL mailing list permanantly, they sent me one check that way charged me the 70 bucks and the next check onwards once again returned to the regular postal mode.

Can't this be made as an option in the account manager for international affiliates?

It's not the speed but the safety of the checks that worries me more when they are sent via regular post.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

US$70 for FEDEX ??

This is extremely high charge for sending a small piece of paper.

You still have to wait for the long check clearing time.

In my country, it costs US$6.4 for international wire only.

I know US is much more expensive, but i am sure the charge can be within $20-$30 or even lower. Check different banks' charges.
    And cj can negoietate a better rate because they are doing mass transfer for many accounts.

If not bank direct transfer,

moneybookers.com is very good too.

the merchant send USD/ money to moneybookers.com
    The affiliate can then withdraw USD / money directly to his bank account. No currency exchange rate loss, fast, no check clearing, no lost check.

CJ Wish List:

1. Restore individual product EPC/statistics.

2. Deactivate publishers who use software to overwrite cookies.

3. Restore merchant chargeback statistics.

4. Place SmartZone page links at BOTTOM of page, to eliminate scrolling up to go to next page.

5. Fix the "View Other SmartZones" link. It says there aren't any other SmartZones when there are.

6. Remove the publishers who practice questionable ethics from your front page.

7. Work with advertisers who have low EPCs to determine why, and remove them if they can't perform. They're either stealing or don't know how to run a business. Either way, we all lose money because of them.

8. Include a disclosure on every advertiser's information page stating whether they allow publishers who utilize software to overwrite cookies in their program.

9. When adding new links to SmartZones, have it default to advertisers already joined, instead of the main category page.

10. Enforce the CoC - if you're caught doing something wrong, one warning, immediate correction required (no more 60 days), and if you're caught a second time, you're gone. (Refer to #2, above.)

Andy

How about including the deativated merchants in the "deactivation notice" email
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tj:

I tripple second that!

quote:
    Originally posted by Tj:

That is one suggestion that is doable faster than the others and I vote for that.

I don't see the need to get the same generic email about deativated merchants and then be forced to log in just to see who is that merchant, specialy if you're working on your pages and that merchant links are the one's you're working on at that time.

Sal.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    but let me ask why does it matter to you that an advertiser is auto-approve or not before you apply? Do you really base your partnership decisions on whether they auto-approve or not?

YES!

Emphatically yes. I've had too many applications sit and rot for literally months with no response one way or the other to not consider whether they auto-approve whenever I can.

Along those lines, it would also be nice if the system (meaning, a script-generated output) said how long it generally takes each manual-approver to render a decision. I would have a lot less qualms applying to one where it was noted that decisions are made in 1 or 2 days, than one that takes months to review the apps.

quote:
    Is it just because of the problem you mention with needing to explain your application with a comments field? Would resolving that eliminate the need?

That would be great for applying to some merchants IN ADDITION to knowing whether they auto-approve and how long it takes them to do manual approvals. There are some merchants who I'd love to add a little note to my app on.

But I'd use that a lot less than the information on whether a place auto-approves. Most of my applications have no need for notes; a look at a couple of my sites gives a fine general view for most implementations.

OTHER CJ WISHES ON MY LIST:

Fix the sort order of the lists of affiliate sites! It needs to be alphabetized! When I choose a site to w*rk on, I have to fish through all the sites in my list. They're not in any discernable order anymore, and haven't been since the last upgrade! I have about 45 or 50 sites registered now--the lists not being alphabetized adds quite a bit of time to the endeavor.

So PLEASE set it up so all of our lists of our own sites are alphabetical. It would be a great help.

Dittos to the other comments about putting who the deactivated merchant is into the deactivation notice.

The product search isn't returning results when there are over 1000 items. And the search is broken so it often doesn't return results even when the product name is entered exactly as the merchant has it in there. So "narrowing my search" doesn't work most of the time. And even if the search worked right, sometimes I still want to see an overview of the products the merchant has uploaded into the system--rather than a specific subset--before I sign up.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Make it so that if a merchant "accidentally" turns off the tracking, no purchases can be made through his/her links. If the tracking does not work no sales should accur.

Make it so that the merchants cannot reverse a sale without a valid and verifiable reason. Give them somewhere to write in an explaination and make them do it.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

1. Increase the range of reasons merchants can give for a reversed transaction. Too many merchants are giving logically impossible reversal reasons because none of the available choices match.

This leads to misunderstandings, with some affiliates thinking they're being robbed. Also means the aff manager has to deal with a lot of unnecessary inquiries about those transactions.

2. Email notification when a "offer pending your approval" turns up in your account.

3. Some kind of intelligent invalid links system, which would alert affiliates via email and in their account when a merchant changes all the links on their website and forgets to tell affiliates (it really shouldn't happen, but it does). Or one that sends an email when an invalid link first appears (affiliates could have the option to switch off this function if they prefer).

4. "review new transactions" link on main page to include reversals (or let affiliates customize that link to incude / exclude whatever they prefer)

quote:
    Thank you for the response and welcome to CJ
    thanks.

And thanks everyone for passing on your ideas. Forgive me for not commenting specifically on them all. I assure you that all of these will be well considered.

I look forward to seeing more feedback.

--scott

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >Drewbert, I'm all for your second suggestion,
    >but let me ask why does it matter to you that
    >an advertiser is auto-approve or not before
    >you apply? Do you really base your
    >partnership decisions on whether they auto-
    >approve or not?

Yes. As mentioned by other people, this makes a big difference.

I only have so much time in the day to build out a particular site. If I find 2 merchants that are applicable, and the first I apply to manually approves, I go try the 2nd one and if they're automatic, their banners go up on the site and I move on. The first application misses out.

Other times, I find only one merchant at CJ applicable to the site I'm building. I apply. They manually approve. One of two things then happen - I go to linkshare and get banners from another merchant there, or I just don't put any banners up at all.

>Is it just because of the problem you mention
    >with needing to explain your application with
    >a comments field? Would resolving that
    >eliminate the need?

Nope.

Often, by the time an approval comes through, I've forgotten which site I buiilt that the merchant was applicable to, so I never put their banners up. All in all, a waste of everyone's time.

What would be nice was if - even when the merchant wants to pre-approve - advertisers of a certain level (6 $ signs?) get auto-approved anyway, witht the option of the merchant to de-approve them later (an option they already have).

I tell you, there are a LOT of merchants out there who are missing out on significant branding opportunities due to their insistance on pre-approving. It is apparent that many of us just don't have the time available to go back on our work to add their banners at a later date, as an afterthought. We want to stick their banners in WHEN we biuld the site.

ABW Ambassador
    "Make it so that if a merchant "accidentally" turns off the tracking, no purchases can be made through his/her links. If the tracking does not work no sales should accur."

Oh Boy do I love that one!

In the manual-approval group, there are slow ones and there are quick ones. If we increased focus on the auto-approve advertisers, the ones who really care about their program and approve manually and quickly might get hurt.

Auto-approve is nice, when it's you getting approved. But at the same time you want your advertisers to be mindful about who ELSE they let in their program. Many of the most engaged AM's approve manually so they can keep close tabs on their program. The auto-approve-reject-later method creates a mess as soon as a soon-to-be-rejected publisher starts generating sales.

So there's really a different issue here than manual vs. auto -- fast vs. slow. Leader proposed an interesting solution to that. Or Maybe there's a way to make it easier for the advertisers to better manage this.

quote:
    I only have so much time in the day to build out a particular site. If I find 2 merchants that are applicable, and the first I apply to manually approves, I go try the 2nd one and if they're automatic, their banners go up on the site and I move on. The first application misses out.
    Sure, they're missing out, but perhaps you are missing out on some of the programs that screen their publishers carefully and have the most active attentive AMs.

If I check Invalid links getting traffic report,
    and see there is nothing in it, the system
    seems to make fun of me by saying:
    Sorry, no results found.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread