Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Will someone please fix this? Searches poll endlessly.

While you're at it, I'm getting really tired of having every other product search result in an error page which necessitates that I log back in again.

and while they are at it, I'd like to see results available at the first access to a product catalog, like it used to be. I don't care that there are over 1000 products and I have to place a search term in the box -- this part of the system is very clunky because you have to be a mind reader to have a hit on a term. It would be nice if the people placing the items in the catalog could categorize their search terms in a more general fashion so you could search on a category instead of a word appearing only in the product name.

And I thought it was my computer acting up this morning. I've been trying to get product links for the last 2 hours.

I couldn't agree more with the above 2 posts. It takes several searches to find products related to what you're looking for using the product search box. It's almost like using PPC!

Very annoying to say the least.

Catwoman

Rhea, Catwoman:

It seems to me that the slow product linking/searching is intermittent. Is it still not working for you? Or is it off and on?

Good feedback Herb. I'm interested to hear other feedback.

ABW Ambassador
    Didnt want to start a whole new topic for this but while we are talking about broken links ...

Dreamtime Baby's product links have been broken for over 2 weeks.

Yes I contacted CJ ... Once by email ... Once by phone and they still are broken.

Scott, Light a fire please.

Regards,
    Dave

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hi Scott,

I just got back from running errands, and it seems now that product searches are working properly.

There have been intermittent problems with product searches resulting in CJ's inhouse error message, and that was occurring this morning. However, in addition I was unable to 1) do a product search by keyname, 2) pull up merchant catalogs by clicking on the Product link in the drop-down menu.

Herb is correct, for quite some time it was possible to view the last 1000 products entered in a catalog. This feature was enabled about a year ago. A couple of months ago during one of the 'upgrades' the feature disappeared. I've complained about this before, but no one has addressed the issue. It's imperative that we be able to see new products that have been entered in a catalog so we can update our sites. By displaying products in LIFO order it's possible for us to immediately see new products when accessing catalog.

I'm sorry this message is so long but I've been very frustrated for several months by the problems accessing products. My only workaround has been to sign up for print catalogs when offered by a merchant so I can search for new products based on what I find in the catalogs.

:feeling better now:

Internet Cowboy
    I agree with Herb. Just show us the product links and let us decide if we should narrow the search or not.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    Dreamtime Baby's product links have been broken for over 2 weeks.

Yes I contacted CJ ... Once by email ... Once by phone and they still are broken.

Scott, Light a fire please.

Not the first time for them broken
    Just do as I did, I found a merchant's that are up, not down all the time

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread