I have not had a single transaction today. I have had average hits and clicks but not a single sale. This has never happened. I am not saying it could never but something is fishy...

It appeared that I was having major tracking problems and had the same thing happen. Traffic same levels as always and then all of the sudden No Sales or Leads. ZIP. Makes no sense. Tracking has appeared to be working right for me for about 1 week now. Today I had decent traffic and got moderate sales and transactions - Nothing great - but nothing seems to be wrong.

Haiko had a theory on this (sudden drops in sales/leads) in another thread.

It appears my tracking woes are not completely over. Just checked further into my stats and one of sites doen't seem to be tracking right again. For one of my CJ merchants I have this:

Merchant X
    MySite A
    47 Hits Sent to Merchant X
    4 Sales

MySite B
    147 Hits sent to Merchant X
    0 sales

Makes you go Hmmmmm.... :eek:
    Should I just bend over?

It's cj's end.

As of midnight central standard time I haven't been able to view stats at all.

Hopefully tomorrow will have some nice updates. Could feel like a bonus I hope.

quote:
    Haiko had a theory on this (sudden drops in sales/leads) in another thread.

I am NOW 1,000% sure of my theory! It has been proven to me [by CJ fraud team]... details to come after wednesday!

Now more than ever ... we need merchant watch ..... and who (especially the trusted third parties) co-operate will show their true colors towards fraud!

Haiko

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, Let it all out after your findings on Wednesday Haiko..
    Maybe with some public knowledge of some goings-on things might improve.. It's a big ask, but if there are a hundred-thousand screaming affiliates....
    fingers-crossed..

Heyder, This from CJ's.

Saturday, November 17, from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM (PST), Commission Junction will be performing maintenance on the Account Manager's search and product link functionality. All advertiser links, including product links, will be tracked and reported by the network during this time. However, you will not be able to get new links or generate searches and reports through the Account Manager interface. This maintenance will result in faster searching capabilities for the entire network. We appreciate your patience during this time.

The last 2 nights I have noticed an increase in clickthroughs. I think someone is screwing with my EPC. Normaly I have about 100 clickthroughs for the day at CJ's. The last 2 nights I go to bed and wake up with double of what it was when I went to bed. Someone is just clicking on my links. Anyway to find out who. I use the free hitbox for stats which doesn't tell you squat. I'm gonna contact CJ's Monday and see if they can let me know whats going on. Any advise. Its cutting my EPC stats in half or more. Not that I really care.

Haiko, I really apprechiate you doing this! I have felt for a long time that the tracking with CJ was way off. When I compare site stats and their stats it just does not add up. My sales are increasing everywhere but CJ! And it is for the same genre of product.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Only a couple of sales here today, certainly a slow down after a hectic week.

Haiko I too really appreciate what you're doing. We put so much work into our sites and it would be great to have confidence in the reporting and tracking system.

I can't access CJ reports today (UK) but rest of week/month has been good.. I thought maybe tracking had been fixed :confused:

Haiko,

I have been seeing weird reporting results from CJ for awhile now. In my example above MySiteA sometimes gets all the sales, then the next day it gets ZIP and MySiteB gets all the sales.

Seems a little odd that MySiteB sent 3 times as many hits to the same merchant yesterday and got ZERO sales (the quality of traffic is basically the same).

Today MySiteB will probably get all the sales and I will get ZIP from MySiteA. Seems unlikely that the merchant can be turning off and on tracking during the day in my example or I should have still gotten sales from both sites. Seems like tracking is being 100% lost for certain sites and seems like my example would point more toward a CJ problem not a merchant problem.
    Am I wrong?

I appreciate your help and thought on this.
    Thanks,

-CK

It is now 9:47 a.m. Central Time and still no sales. :mad: I am about to hop off the rollercoaster of good times/bad times at CJ. Between getting screwed by merchants and the tracking.... Geez

Haiko,

Thanks for keeping all of us informed. It will be great to have someone watching CJ and it's merchants.

Core

I still can't check my stats. Everything is still unavailible. Is everyone else able to run reports?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hunh... Just checked at CJ--it looks like the reporting isn't updating. It looks like the last update was around 8 AM Eastern, going on what's normal for me in terms of hits/impressions at that time of day. That's 5AM Pacific.

It looks like a sale might have come in late last night or way early this morning (based on the Balance in the upper right), but I still can't pull up the figures--so I don't know if one really did or if I'm just remembering the old figure wrong!

It's past 6AM Pacific*... I have to say I expected the reporting to: A-Go down despite the note saying that it wouldn't [Murphy's Law] and B-Come back later than they said! Murphy's Law again--programming never works as smoothly as a place wishes!

As long as it's just the reporting and not the (dare I say it) Tracking, I'm not going to worry about it yet.

*Edited to correct time--it was past 6AM PACIFIC when I wrote that post (not Eastern like I had previously written--it was actually 11:54 Eastern)

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

Note--Packy, I could only see that condensed report from the front page of the Account Manager--nothing specific.

Leader. Thanks! Thats all I'm getting too. I was afraid they forgot to click the on switch for me like they do.

CJ says the reports section will be down until 6:00am PST on 11/17. Isn't it past 6:00am PST yet? Still can't run reports to see how bad I'm getting screwed today.

I'm kind of missing my daily screwing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    (posted to the wrong thread... OOOOPS)

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Cedric ]

ABW Ambassador
    I have had a sale posted since the reporting went down (evidenced by a change in the number in the upper right corner), but of course, still can't access reports to see what it is. The numbers changed sometime between 11 and 1 (ET).

ABW Ambassador
    It's well past 6 a.m. - I just hope tracking, stats and sales will all be updated once CJ is back to normal. I haven't had to much activity today either. Yesterday and all week was Beautiful - Today Sucks!! But hopefully it will turn out okay. I believe in CJ. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Reporting is BACK!

More sales are showing from late yesterday and a couple so far today. Today's looking normal for this time of the afternoon...

Yeah Leader,

Reporting is back... However, sales are still in the ******! One sale in 48 hours is total Bull ****.

My sales suck today too. I'm hoping that CJ is still screwed up and that's why their "down time notice" is still up on the main page.

Hopefully our "real" stats will show up soon. :rolleyes:

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread