ABW Ambassador
    I have been trying to find the message where someone posted the name of a really great statistics program for your site where you can tell where all the visitors came from and what pages they go to within your site. It was posted here within the last month. Thanks!!

ABW Ambassador
    Was it Urchin?

Or look in this thread http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...9&m=4196046765

I use Bitstrike absolute log analyzer.

It runs on your pc, I retrieve the log files via ftp which is built into the software.

Brilliant stats, loads of features for filtering, tracking ad campaings etc.

I also like the search engine spider analysis, better than I've seen anywhere else. Not only which spiders crawled, but what pages they crawled as well.

There is a demo of the pro version that I think is better than anyone elses full stats package.

http://www.bitstrike.com/analyzer/

I mentioned a program called "Opentracker" a while back (http://www.opentracker.net). With this one you can see your visitors live on your site (indicated by a small green icon) and it follows the person right down to the very banner or text link. This way you can see if the visitor actually clicked through to the merchant's site or not. All you have to do is copy the code into each of your pages to track them. It also give you loads of other features like the amount of time the visitor spent on your site, the bounce rate, countries, etc. etc. They have a one-month trial version. This one is by far the best I've seen.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Everyone for your suggestions!!

Grumpy, it was opentracker, Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Oh and the reason why I am looking into this is because I have one page on my site that is using an astronomical amount of Kbytes and has an astronomical amount of hits every day. On it I have a link to a linkshare item that is very popular and I rarely get a sale. So I am wondering if someone is hijacking that page some way?? It is very strange??

Infoseeker you're welcome. Try Opentracker for a one-month free trial and I'm sure you'll be able to get a better idea what's going on with that one particular LS item. At least you will be able to see how many visitors are actually clicking through to the merchant's site, and how many are just bouncing away after viewing the page. With all the crookery going on these days anything is possible!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread