ABW Ambassador
    I have just expired my relationship with this publisher on CJ.

The reason is that Footsmart is currently adding direct links to their products inside the product descriptions that do not contain Publisher tracking code.

This leads not only to a sales leak on our sites but also results in passing PR through directly to their sites and costing us valuable PR. (Additional links within description taking up our page link counts etc.)

While this is possibly an honest mistake I am afraid it is one I can do without and I feel it is my duty to pass this information on to the ABW community. I have already reported directly to the Advertiser and to CJ.

FYI Footsmart has a very good EPC at CJ but the fact remains that this is a violation of our agreement and I will not provide free traffic to any Merchant for any reason.

All the best,

DPG

Dirk,

As I mentioned in my email to you, I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention. This was not an intentional attempt to build free traffic at the expense of our Affiliate Publishers. I have CJ currently working to rectify the situation and it will be fixed immediately.

For anyone else who has experienced this issue, please let me know so we can take care of it.

Again, Dirk, thank you.
    Matt Kennedy

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Matt,

I have responded to your email and will attempt to phone you now.

All the best,

DPG

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    For anyone else who has experienced this issue, please let me know so we can take care of it.

A quick check didn't reveal any, but since there are hundreds of products, there is a good chance that I just missed the ones with those links. Alternatively, they could have been truncated since I only show a certain number of characters of Description.

I'll wait on doing any FootSmart updates until this is resolved, since it's possible that my current links just are from before this problem arose, and I wouldn't want to cover them up with links that have it!

In any case, I'm hoping to see a quick resolution on this since I don't want to have to worry that some of my pages are giving away free traffic.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    (Reprinted with Matt's permission)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hi Footsmart,

I am expiring our relationship as you have added links to every one of the listings in your datafeed directly to your products that do not contain affiliates tracking code.

DPG
    -------------------------------------------
    Dirk,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was not aware of any changes to the datafeed. I'll get this corrected immediately.

Again, thank you.
    Matt
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response. If you have not identified the problem already the links are at the bottom of your footwear listings where you cross sell to a foot care product. This link does not contain tracking code.

I apologize for the manner in which I publicised this error on ABW and accept the more professional way would have been to just contact you first and wait for an outcome.

I will be reapplying to your program immediately and will look for ways to maximise our relationship as I havent done too much to target you specifically as a merchant in the past.

It is always a pleasure to discover a responsive Affiliate manager.

With your permission I would like to post this response on ABW to help rectify any negative light I may have placed on your program.

All the best,

DPG
    -----------------------------------------
    Hi Dirk,

Absolutely, please feel free to post this email string. No apologies necessary from your end. I'm just glad that the issue was discovered and that it can be resolved quickly and easily.

I look forward to building our mutual business together. If there is anything that I can do from here to help you, please don't hesitate to give me a call.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to my attention.

Take care.
    Matt

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Cool!

My CJ feed's due in tonight, so if the corrections are uploaded to CJ quickly enough they'll be in this week's iteration.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I spoke with CJ at the end of day on Friday to check into this issue. And, I'm happy to report, that this appears to be resolved.

If there are any questions or if your links don't appear to be fixed, please feel free to contact me.

I want to thank everyone for your patience with this issue.

Matt Kennedy
    Online Marketing Manager
    FootSmart
    (678) 533-2751 (direct)
    mkennedy@benchmarkbrands.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread