I just got an ebay reversal at 7:41 pm (cj time) on Sunday evening. Is that for real? They make their staff go out and reverse sales on a Sunday evening?

Unbelievable!!!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

hmmmm -- wonder if automation is at work there.

meanwhile, I've severely lowered my participation with eBay at my kinda popular antiques-oriented site. those nickels aren't that useful any more.

What is so funny for me is I dropped my links to my ebay pages almost a year ago (but left the pages up). Yahoo must have picked them all back up recently as I get several nickles a day.

Sadly, half of those nickles get reversed.

Still, I leave them up as I feel people finding those ebay pages might just go to my other pages.

Has anyone every heard from ebay about their datafeed project? I signed up a couple of months ago but never heard anything back from them.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by 7-days:
    Has anyone every heard from ebay about their datafeed project? I signed up a couple of months ago but never heard anything back from them.

Never heard about it. Where did you find this?

On the other note, I am tried of these nickel reversals. Looking for merchant with wide range of products and something like ebay editor kit.

ABW Ambassador
    I thought to use their xml feed, you had to pay with cost tierd on usage. Is that not the case anymore?

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    I thought to use their xml feed, you had to pay with cost tierd on usage. Is that not the case anymore?

Chet

Still the case as of 40 days ago or so when I asked. I also asked to get access without being charged and they said no... Never hurts to try!

After another mass of red in my transaction reports, I finally snapped.

I don't understand how a multi-billion dollar company isn't able to integrate its cookie tracking so that only the last cookie placed gets the credit. Unless keeping affiliates on board just isn't a priority for them.

There seems to be a lack of committment to getting their program sorted out and to treating their affiliate partners as partners rather than resources. Fine, I understand that's their business decision.

My business decision is to stop promoting eBay. I won't take links down unless there's an adequate alternative, but any further plans to build out eBay links are shelved as of now.

MJCB: Welcome to the club! Apparently, there are lots of us who've decided to do the same thing you've done. We're not going to promote eBay more than we have in the past, but we also aren't going to take down pages for the time being.

If eBay doesn't get its act together, I WILL eventually yank everything down, and put up a notice as to why the auctions have been removed. I don't like being taken advantage of, and I'm tired of being cheated. eBay needs to act ethically and responsibly, which they are not doing right now.

They've decided to allow publishers who overwrite cookies with software to participate in their program, and that puts the rest of us at a disadvantage.

EBAY = FIX YOUR AFFILIATE PROGRAM! IT STINKS!!

Andy

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread