ABW Ambassador
    I recently added a new merchant and I looked at last months sales and they are all "accepted" Normally with my other merchants it says new and then on the 10th it says locked.
    Thanks

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Normally with my other merchants it says new and then on the 10th it says locked.

That's when the merchant doesn't make any special attempt to "accept" the transactions. They automatically go to Locked status on or around the 10th.

quote:
    I recently added a new merchant and I looked at last months sales and they are all "accepted"

"A new broom sweeps clean." New merchants are still excited about their programs, and many of them will Accept transactions as soon as the CC passes, instead of letting them rot until they auto-lock.

Unfortunately, the "new" usually wears off in a few months and then you get to wonder all month if it'll be locked or reversed just like with the other merchants.

Usually "accepted" means the transaction is cool--the CC passed, and the product was shipped.

Caveat: Some merchants who are quick at accepting transactions have to "un-accept" them later, for instance if the customer sends the stuff back. Not only is that disappointing, but affected merchants stop being so quick on the Accept button reeall fast.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    "A new broom sweeps clean." New merchants are still excited about their programs, and many of them will Accept transactions as soon as the CC passes, instead of letting them rot until they auto-lock.

Unfortunately, the "new" usually wears off in a few months and then you get to wonder all month if it'll be locked or reversed just like with the other merchants.

Usually "accepted" means the transaction is cool--the CC passed, and the product was shipped.

Caveat: Some merchants who are quick at accepting transactions have to "un-accept" them later, for instance if the customer sends the stuff back. Not only is that disappointing, but affected merchants stop being so quick on the Accept button reeall fast."

Thanks for the info. Very interesting!!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread