ABW Ambassador
    I just noticed that under Health and Personal Care AMAZON now has a relationship with skinstore.com and is selling all skinstores
    product line. In fact I noticed that they are selling at least one of the popular products for less than what the cj affiliates can sell the item for. Then if you buy 150.00 or more of the skinstores products you get a $25.00 amazon gift certificate. It's kind of hard for the cj affiliates to compete with that!!

Internet Cowboy
    That could explain my drop in skinstore sales over the past 30 days.

ABW Ambassador
    Is it common for other cj merchants to have a relationship with both cj and Amazon? I never ran into this before. This relationship is pretty new. I noticed it by seeing Amazon using google adwords for the skinstore.

Amazon to me is also a affiliate of other programs. I wouldn't worry about there relationship with skinstore. I never could convert with skinstore anyway I'm dropping there links and changing to a different merchant. I would focus on making more sites and not worry about Amazon or skinstore and just focus on converting with merchants and trying to tweak your pages. Though I don't understand why Amazons relationship with Skinstore would effect you anyway.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Though I don't understand why Amazons relationship with Skinstore would effect you anyway.

Jason, I really was not sure, but was just surprised when I saw goole adwords showing up for the skinstore. Then when I saw an item being sold for less than what the cj affiliates could sell it for, I just wondered. Also, Amazon has an affiliate program. If a merchant has a relationship with cj, can they also have a relationship with linkshare? I was just curious how it all works.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread