ABW Ambassador
    I've configured a so called Smart Zone to rune on jokething with 12 individual banners.

All banners have a weight of one so, as far as I'm concerned, they all have an equal chance of being displayed, around 8% of the time.

Two banners seem to dominate almost entirely - the others don't get a look in.

I've tried to contact CJ through their online mail facility, but I may as well poke myself in the eye with a pointy stick - it never works :mad:

Can any kind soul out there advise please?

microdot,

From the horse's mouth:

quote:
    What is SmartZone weight?

Answer:
    Weight refers to how frequently an ad is rotated within a SmartZone. You may designate a weight value for each of the links in your SmartZone. Weight ranges from 1-10, with higher weight allowing for more frequent display of the selected link in a SmartZone. Remember, no matter how many ads you place in a SmartZone, only one will display at a time.

So I'd say make them all "10"!

Haiko
    PS. Who the hell writes this gobbledygook anyway? Is it translated from Chinese? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You might want to try leaving the 2 banners that seem to dominate a "1" and then increase the weights of the others to a "2" or "3" and see what happens. You ought to be able to balance the rotation to suit your needs by playing with the weights.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the input guys, seems to me though that equal weight should mean equal numbers of impressions, regardless of whether it's set to 1, 10 or any other darn number.

yeah, you would think so, but then nothing at CJ seems to work perfectly (except maybe the "reverse transaction" function) :eek:

ABW Ambassador
    And guess what - still no response from CJ on this issue, how bizarre :rolleyes:

I have set all the weights to 10, and it's not working too bad at the moment.

Now why would making them all 10 work when having them all a 1 didn't? :rolleyes:

Does making them all a 10 improve tracking of the transactions too? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread