I logged into CJ this morning (14th) and my account was down $550 from the night before. Transactions were locked on the 12th and a merchant was able to reverse $550 from September and extend ALL of October. So much for the "merchants have until the 10th of the month" crap. I have about had it.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Core ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    How did that "10th of the month" crap get started, anyway! When I read that back on CJU, I went into the Merchant Terms and found they hadn't changed a bit (They've still got the same 60 days to pull reversals that they have had since at least June.).

The most significant change I've noticed is that now it SAYS "locked" on the 10th. But since they've got 60 days according to the Terms, it doesn't mean much if anything! (Supposedly once a transaction is "locked", the merchants need CJ's okay to reverse, but not before they're locked. I suppose that means a LITTLE, but it's a far cry from not being ABLE to reverse or extend!)

Mine's not locket yet...thought it was late!

ABW Ambassador
    "Locked" means just that - locked until they unlock (reverse) it.

Update:

I just got off the phone with the merchant who says it is another CJ screw up. I guess I will believe it when I see it. I am calling CJ now.

Leader, I know that a merchant has 60 days to extend and/or reverse. You would think that once something is locked you would be okay. I guess I will never again doubt the power of CJ and merchants to play hell with my monthly earnings.

Core

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Core--I wish you luck...

"You would think that once something is locked you would be okay"

Yeah...it's misleading! They really shouldn't call it Locked until it REALLY can't be changed--by anyone!

I kind of figured you knew about the 60 days, but when you mentioned the 10-day deal... Well, that rumor just gets my goat because I usually see the transaction status switching all over the place until they actually send the deposit out!

Good luck w/calling CJ (NOT kidding/being sarcastic)...disappearing money is no fun!

Thanks for the Information and support Leader. CJ was actually pretty helpful and I was only on hold for a minute. CJ said that it was the merchant who was to blame. (I kinda figured that it was going to be this way.) I am still waiting for a call back from the merchant's affiliate manager.

Anyone know a good lawyer? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Core

firstly, i have to agree that locked means less than nothing, its just makes it all the more heartbreaking when your locked transaction gets reversed

more importantly, that is a scary story and i read too many similar to that at CJU, it just makes me wonder if cj.com is in deep, deep trouble everytime i hear it

what did they spend $40,000,000 funding on anyway, if someone funded my website to that tune i wouldn't be able to spend it all :eek:

core, please keep us updated

Update: 11-15-01 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Called Merchant back yesterday afternoon and told them that CJ and I had talked. The merchant said that they owed CJ/Affiliates the money and are going to deposit it Friday.

We will see...

Core

quote:
    Originally posted by Core:
    Update: 11-15-01 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Called Merchant back yesterday afternoon and told them that CJ and I had talked. The merchant said that they owed CJ/Affiliates the money and are going to deposit it Friday.

We will see...

Core

Way to go Core!

Haiko

Thanks Haiko!

I will let everyone know if they actually pay or not. If they don't pay I am going to post the merchant's name...

Packy was right, the October payment has been approved and is showing up when you click payment status. Sadly, the money that I am owed for Sept and October from sleazy merchant are not included. *ouch*

Core

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Core ]

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry Core - Good Luck!

Well I said I would tell everyone who the merchant is if they haven't paid... It's ZoneLD . They have yet to pay me or CJ.

Core

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread