It's a time of the month again. 3 straight reversals straight from Zappos. Can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings.

bite bite me bugs..

ABW Ambassador
    Wanna trade?

I have 87 reversals from one merchant, totalling over $1,750.
    I also have 13 reversals from another totalling over $700 and 3 from one totalling over $200. There's more to come.

Honestly, I have not had any "10th of the month" in positive figures, except the first 2 months.

I do not think anybody should complain about reversals anymore.. this issue has became an ancient history. Just TRY TO HAVE MORE AND MORE REVERSALS EVERY MONTH, not only that you will get used to it, it will also improve your life..

- BluesX

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    quote:
    I have 87 reversals from one merchant, totalling over $1,750.

I remember those days, life was good!
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

ABW Ambassador
    Aw c'mon Blues let everybody else freak out about the reversals and we can split the customers between just you and me

Congratulations; they didn't hit you too hard this month

quote:
    Originally posted by BluesX:I do not think anybody should complain about reversals anymore.. this issue has became an ancient history. Just TRY TO HAVE MORE AND MORE REVERSALS EVERY MONTH, not only that you will get used to it, it will also improve your life..

- BluesX

The more reversals I have the better I seem to do.

quote:
    The more reversals I have the better I seem to do.

The better you do, the more reversals you will have.

CJ used to have this useful metric, which was the only useful metric they rolled out a few years back, called "Chargeback Rate", using that one could calculate the ACTUAL commission rate merchants offered. Knowing the actual commission rate, you could have precisely estimated the amount of reversals you'll get and the amount of commissions you'll be paid.

Now that no more and as the merchants pay themselves commission to improve their network performance rating, there's no knowing what.....

But I honestly believe you'll eventually get used to reversals and one day you'll become unresponsive to the reds in your reports.

I believe you will, but only if you want to become successful!

- BluesX

quote:
    Originally posted by BluesX:
    The better you do, the more reversals you will have.
    - BluesX

Not sure if we're at cross purposes here while agreeing, but I meant it. My reversals are a steady (ish) % and for the merchants who deliver them, I calculate the real % myself from my historic payment and reversal rates to come up with a realistic commission %. People get wound up when they have low numbers to base stats on - I had 50% reversals - translation, 1 of 2 were reversed. Reversals are 100% up on last month - translation, last month I had 1, this month I have 2.

The only way to have no reversals is to sell nothing.

Internet Cowboy
    I consider the 10th of each month as a Holiday.
    It's too difficult to look at stats on the 10th. All the red hurts my eyes.
    Never had a positive 10th here either.
    Lots of chargebacks (unless you are talking about Ebay) usually means we had a good month, so.....

ScoHaz

Why did CJ get rid of the "Chargeback Rate" stat anyway? That was a really great stat. Todd C., can we get it back?

ABW Ambassador
    As far as "Chargeback Rate" ... It can reflect in the 7-day EPC.

Check-out Online Sports 7-day leading up to the 10th.

4 days of negative #'s as high as $30+

Regards,
    Dave

A search here at ABW will reveal CJ's position on the deletion of the Chargeback Rate. According to CJ, it wasn't an accurate statistic. Seems merchants who batch had lower chargeback rates, and this just wasn't fair to those who didn't, or some such garbage.

So, in an effort to be fair to all merchants, CJ got rid of it. Of course, this step made it unfair to CJ's entire group of publishers, but since we're low man on the food chain, it doesn't matter.

I think a simple statistic that showed 5/100 (5 returns out of every 100 transactions) would be valid for everyone, and would encourage merchants who have lots of chargebacks / returns / bad cc's, etc. to clean up their acts.

Andy

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread