Dear ... HUHU:

Recently Commission Junction discovered an issue with how "Action Referral Occurrences" maximums were acknowledged by the system. This issue caused on overstatement of transactions to publisher and advertiser transaction reports. You are receiving this message because according to our records you are a publisher or advertiser that was impacted by this overstatement. Beginning later tonight and through tomorrow, you may notice a number of corrections appearing in your transaction reports because of this issue. We have fixed any technical problems that caused this overstatement and are in the process reversing the transactions that were impacted. Please note that this issue was specific to Commission Junction reporting and did not affect tracking of actions or commissions.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience while the matter was resolved. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

huhu

Yeah, I'd like to know just what exactly the hell THIS is all about!

Andy

I got one of those too. I was thinking it had something to do with eBay, but who knows?

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe the double and triplicate reporting that was talked about today?

Sounds to me like we earned commissions on repeat visits for customers that we shouldn't have, atleast according to their terms.

Good thing I haven't had much to lose lately. If they try to put me into red I swear this will be the last straw.

Yeah I see duplicated transactions too
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

This is bad.

It's not about duplicate orders. Like qball mentioned, it's about cookie duration and how many times a customer's purchase it counted for commissions.

If your merchant's Action Referral Occurrences is set to "Unlimited", you should have no problem with those merchants.

This is bad because, it's clear that the sales was referred by affiliates, but will not count for commissions because, merchants only pays for once for a customer referred.

Shoot!

quote:
    Originally posted by qballĀ©:
    Sounds to me like we earned commissions on repeat visits for customers that we shouldn't have, atleast according to their terms.

I think you're right.

And it's beginning to piss me off too.

I hate changes but sometimes it's time to look around and move on.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    It is always the same with cj.com. We do not exactly get informed and we have no controle of what happens.Who here is really trusting cj.com as " trusted third party"?

carneol

It really doesn't inspire much hope in CJ. With constant messing about with now all the ebay programs - because they can't sort their cookies out for all their partners/affiliates.

When there is this much aggravation and incorrect tracking it begs the question which is correct tracking and which isn't and why they have so much trouble with it all - its almost as if theres a switch they can pull to really screw it up for us.

quote:
    It's not about duplicate orders. Like qball mentioned, it's about cookie duration and how many times a customer's purchase it counted for commissions.
    Here is an example, same transaction time, 2 records:

Sale New No $20.30 $1.62 Sale MySite essentialapparel.com 5*****9 22*****62 11-May-2004 12:54 PDT 11-May-2004 13:56 PDT
    Sale New No $20.30 $1.62 Sale MySite essentialapparel.com 5*****9 22*****17 11-May-2004 12:54 PDT 11-May-2004 13:57 PDT

ABW Ambassador
    I had 4 sets of triplicate transactions yesterday and they are not corrected this morning. In addition, there have been no other corrections. The only thing that has happened with my account are a bunch of Perf. Incentives today. I also noticed that many transactions yesterday were reported with a 5-8 hour delay. Everything looks good today so far.

My duplicates are still there.

Funny thing is, it will be the first time in I will have reversals for one of my steady merchants.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"carneol" is absolutely right. What exactly suggests that we should believe the people that act in such a dysfunctional manner while handling our money?
    NOTHING! It doesn't look like CJ will ever be a functional company again, no matter how many times it is bought out.

As most of you know advertisers can pay commissions for a set referral period and number of occurances.

An example would be 10% commissions with a referral period of 30 days and 1 occurance. This means you would get 10% of the first sale if someone clicked on your link and bought something within 30 days. If they bought twice within 30 days, you would not get credited for the second sale.

We had a bug that stopped obeying the occurance rules for a few days and it resulted in more txns being credited than should have. These are the duplicates, triplicates, etc. you have been seeing. We are working to correct the txns and this is why you are seeing them either reversed or removed altogether. Any txns reversed or removed are txns you never really earned (and we are not paid our txn fees either btw)

I will try to get more details on this and post more later.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    Todd, What you are describing seems to be a different problem and not what happened yesterday, yesterday the were duplicates and triplicates everywhere but for merchants allowing multiple ocurrences, but obviously they were not multiple sales, because Nobody was buying 3 times in the same minute the same article in 3 different txn (the whole shopping cart procedure separately).
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Todd,
    It looks like the sales from last night were updated as were sales from very early this AM. Is reporting back on time now. Thanks

quote:
    An example would be 10% commissions with a referral period of 30 days and 1 occurance. This means you would get 10% of the first sale if someone clicked on your link and bought something within 30 days. If they bought twice within 30 days, you would not get credited for the second sale.

Solution: Don't promote merchants with 1 time occurences!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread