Anyone having any luck with Harry?

I've been pushing Harry Potter everything
    because of all the hype but my visitors
    are buying everything but Harry!

Oh, has anyone noticed, well you will if
    you've left your Halloween links up, people
    are still checking out costumes...
    interesting!

Maybe there's too much hype about Harry Potter and people are getting sick of him (I know I am).

I had noticed that people are still clicking the costumes links. I even put a little text below saying "(costumes aren't just for Halloween)". Seems to work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

mousejockey,

Here in the US ... it is Harry Potter mania! It will, I think, be huge once they see the movie, kids will all have thoose glasses and speak with british accents before you know it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    My site is too new to really be in this conversation, but I too have been surprised by the lack of interest. I do wonder if there will be a HP rush closer to Christmas.

ABW Ambassador
    As is usually the case, I think it depends on which products you feature and whether you are targeting that in your traffic-generating activites.

There are a lot of Harry products, so try some different ones if what you currently have is not moving. If that does not work, then try a different merchant.

Could just be that its a saturated market - Harry Potter stuff available everywhere.

Could be a last minute rush, I know here in Oz, Harry is big with the kids and they're all hanging out to see the movie.

And the costumes, that really surprised me, I've featured the link too. I really thought it would drop off sharply once halloween was over, but a steady stream of customers keep coming.

You'll possibly get some people looking for Father Christmas costumes and others who are going to Christmas parties where they need a costume [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm expecting a harry potter boost after the movie comes out and all the way through Christmas and beyond. I have had some HP key words on goto for quite some time, but they aren't even drawing much traffic yet. I hope this movie doesn't suck. :eek:

Oh! Fish, that's right, Father Christmas costumes...I never thought of that!

Hey Mousejockey, I've still got some clicks coming through on the costume page as well. Actually just last week made my largest sale with them yet, lol! Hoping google finds my Santa, Mrs.Claus, elf, and angel costume pages. I haven't found the CR and comission worth ppc traffic.

Man, I'd love to sell one of those inflatable Santas!!
    lol,
    webmistress

lol! Looks like an interesting shopping time ahead...I think I'll throw in some roast turkeys and Norman Rockwell paintings and see how they go this year!

Last year was a no go for them, but I have a feeling after the tragedy people are going to be looking for a more traditional Christmas and holiday season.

Now that Harry has set Box office records here in the US this weekend I believe we will all see a significant increase in "Harry" 'bid'ness [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] and hopefully business also!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    ok - here is my simpleton reasoning for lack of interest in HP merchandise....

I have three kids (wide age range) and I haven't seen one HP toy that any of them are the least bit interested in. I think it's the toys they have out.....

Now here is what my kids would suggest- what they show interest in, want(or have):

1. books-any books about Rowlings, potter, the making of the movie
    2. anything with pics from the movie (but oddly not the dorky toys they are pushin) more like cards and stuff
    3. costumy things for dressing like HP, Ron, or Hermione
    4. wands....haven't seen any really, doesn't mean they aren't out there (have to look like in the movie)
    5. Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans **This is top requested item!!

Hope this helps any who don't have kids that age or who aren't familiar with the series.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: MsMarySunshine ]

If MsMarySunshine's kids are a good indication, then you can get pics or rather posters at allposters.com

I did a quick search on wordtracker a couple of weeks ago and even then and the meta "harry potter pictures" rated right up there above toys and stuff.

ABW Ambassador
    In addition to the reasons Ms. Mary Sunshine listed for HP not selling, I'd like to suggest another.

It's the time of year when parents are starting to think Christmas gifts and not a toy "just because". After the Toys R Us fiasco a few years back when presents ordered from the internet didn't get delivered by Christmas, a lot of parents are leery about ordering gifts for their kids over the internet. A lot of parents I know won't. They would rather buy it in in a store and be sure of having it there Christmas morning rather than risk getting stuck with nothing.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Cheers,
    Kip
    alias "The Grinch"
    All .coms $12.75 or less

I'm hoping they buy early and buy alot! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I think things that are harder to find in stores or that are "unique" may do well online. Those HP things that can be readily purchased from brick and morter stores may not do so well online.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread