Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Someone spamming Goggle for Zappos products bigtime. 7 out of 10 listings in the first page are cloaking and redirects. Same in the next page. All these domains are owned by same person. He is doing that for a lot of shoes brand & product names. Check for yourself with Zappos product names.

ABW Ambassador
    What is the difference between cloaking and redirects?

ABW Ambassador
    Cloaking means there are different versions - one for SEs and one for visitors.

Redirect means the URL shows up as A, when clicked you are redirected to B.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh yes, forgot to mention the auto-cookied setting. Try "Skechers Energy Trax" in Google.

ABW Ambassador
    "Cloaking means there different versions - one for SEs and one for visitors."

Would this be an example of cloaking.

A merchant for cj set up three different web sites. These three sites have three different names but are owned by the same company that owns this merchants site. All of the links go directly to this merchants site. By the way all three sites are in the top ten of google for the keyword that they are spamming for, their most popular item.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by infoseeker:
    Would this be an example of cloaking.

A merchant for cj set up three different web sites. These three sites have three different names but are owned by the same company that owns this merchants site. All of the links go directly to this merchants site. By the way all three sites are in the top ten of google for the keyword that they are spamming for, their most popular item.

That would be duplicate content.

Let's say you search for "abc", a web page shows up in Google with some description. When you click on the link, you do not see the content/description, you see something else. That page shows up differently to the SE robot packed with keywords etc., but you do not see those things when you visit the page.

In this example, these sites do not even show any page. You are just redirected to Zappos site instead.

Apparently this spammer isn't aware of Zappos revers-all policy and thinks they are going to be rich.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I see what you mean as this guy has just blind cookie setting redirects to Zappos and many other merchnats using cloaked pages. Phoney contact info

Domain Name:
    www.biologischevielfalt.com
    Created On:
    2/7/2004
    Expires On:
    2/7/2005
    Registrar:
    ! $ ! Bid It Win It, Inc.

Registrant:
    Jim Retner
    200 Bicentennial Cir
    Sacramento, CA 95826
    US
    Administrative Contact:
    Jim Retner
    200 Bicentennial Cir
    Sacramento, CA 95826
    US
    Phone: 752-255-1287
    Email: jr1402@bigfoot.com
    Technical Contact:
    Jim Retner
    200 Bicentennial Cir
    Sacramento, CA 95826
    US
    Phone: 752-255-1287
    Email: jr1402@bigfoot.com
    Nameservers:
    NS29.DNSPROTECT.COM
    NS30.DNSPROTECT.COM

Domain ID103953560-LROR
    Domain Name: www.DISEP.ORG
    Created On:09-Feb-2004 10:01:48 UTC
    Last Updated On:10-Apr-2004 03:56:32 UTC
    Expiration Date:09-Feb-2005 10:01:48 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:R1250-LROR
    Registrant ID:disep-R
    Registrant Name:Retner Jim
    Registrant Organization:Jim Retner
    Registrant Street1:200 Bicentennial Cir
    Registrant City:Sacramento
    Registrant State/Province:CA
    Registrant Postal Code:00000
    Registrant Country:US
    Registrant Phone:+01.7522551287
    Registrant FAX:+01.5555555555
    Registrant Email:jr1402@bigfoot.com
    Admin ID:disep-A
    Admin Name:Retner Jim
    Admin Organization:Jim Retner
    Admin Street1:200 Bicentennial Cir
    Admin City:Sacramento
    Admin State/Province:CA
    Admin Postal Code:00000
    Admin Country:US
    Admin Phone:+01.7522551287
    Admin Email:jr1402@bigfoot.com
    Tech ID:disep-T
    Tech Name:Retner Jim
    Tech Organization:Jim Retner
    Tech Street1:200 Bicentennial Cir
    Tech City:Sacramento
    Tech State/Province:CA
    Tech Postal Code:00000
    Tech Country:US
    Tech Phone:+01.7522551287
    Tech Email:jr1402@bigfoot.com
    Name Server:NS29.DNSPROTECT.COM
    Name Server:NS30.DNSPROTECT.COM

Domain www.ARTSCHOOL-AEGEAN.COM

Date Registered: 3/4/2004
    Date Modified: 3/7/2004
    Expiry Date: 3/4/2005
    DNS1: NS29.DNSPROTECT.COM
    DNS2: NS30.DNSPROTECT.COM

Registrant

Jim Retner
    200 Bicentennial Cir
    Sacramento
    CA
    US

Administrative Contact

Jim Retner
    200 Bicentennial Cir
    Sacramento
    CA
    US
    752-255-1287
    jr1402@bigfoot.com

Technical Contact

Jim Retner
    200 Bicentennial Cir
    Sacramento
    CA
    US
    752-255-1287
    jr1402@bigfoot.com

Registrar: ESoftWiz.com

this is the same "tricks for cookie setting tricks" employed by an earlier affiliates posing butthole Outed Here. They were Russians and a Australian. Blind cookie stuffing -doorwar/cloaked page SE spammers offer ZERO value to any merchant they target.

try these clicks for pre-sell content www.ARTSCHOOL-AEGEAN.COM .... www.DISEP.ORG .... www.biologischevielfalt.com

Someone aught to tip the Calif AG that this guy is most likely also a e-mail spammer as he sure has no legit place in affiliate marketing.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    just a guess. the site is probably Dirk's. he said he has almost 50 out of 50 in Google's top list.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You can bet he's an ABW trickster regardless of just the Whois info. I've noticed that same cookie stuffing, blind redirect site structure for months now for various merchants and shopping category keywords used by this Jim Retner.

Brain dead AM's like the one running Zappos should know something is fishing when sales slow up from sites that have that front page. Funny how creative a datafeed wank can be by programming doorway pages with the merchant supplied feed full of SE spam food and then blind cookie setting redirects from any interior pages.

<title>www.disep.org</title>
    <meta name="robots" content="noarchive">

</p><p><a href=sitemap_1.html>BUY_DIS1</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_2.html>BUY_DIS2</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_3.html>BUY_DIS3</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_4.html>BUY_DIS4</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_5.html>BUY_DIS5</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_6.html>BUY_DIS6</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_7.html>BUY_DIS7</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_8.html>BUY_DIS8</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_9.html>BUY_DIS9</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_10.html>BUY_DIS10</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_11.html>BUY_DIS11</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_12.html>BUY_DIS12</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_13.html>BUY_DIS13</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_14.html>BUY_DIS14</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_15.html>BUY_DIS15</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_16.html>BUY_DIS16</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_17.html>BUY_DIS17</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_18.html>BUY_DIS18</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_19.html>BUY_DIS19</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_20.html>BUY_DIS20</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_21.html>BUY_DIS21</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_22.html>BUY_DIS22</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_23.html>BUY_DIS23</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_24.html>BUY_DIS24</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_25.html>BUY_DIS25</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_26.html>BUY_DIS26</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_27.html>BUY_DIS27</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_28.html>BUY_DIS28</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_29.html>BUY_DIS29</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_30.html>BUY_DIS30</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_31.html>BUY_DIS31</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_32.html>BUY_DIS32</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_33.html>BUY_DIS33</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_34.html>BUY_DIS34</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_35.html>BUY_DIS35</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_36.html>BUY_DIS36</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_37.html>BUY_DIS37</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_38.html>BUY_DIS38</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_39.html>BUY_DIS39</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_40.html>BUY_DIS40</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_41.html>BUY_DIS41</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_42.html>BUY_DIS42</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_43.html>BUY_DIS43</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_44.html>BUY_DIS44</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_45.html>BUY_DIS45</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_46.html>BUY_DIS46</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_47.html>BUY_DIS47</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_48.html>BUY_DIS48</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_49.html>BUY_DIS49</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_50.html>BUY_DIS50</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_51.html>BUY_DIS51</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_52.html>BUY_DIS52</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_53.html>BUY_DIS53</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p><p><a href=sitemap_54.html>BUY_DIS54</a><br>Links to shoe sites</p></center>

Buy up expired domains with some traffic regardless of relevence and use them a SE spam food. Looks like the guy scrapes enduser comments from some Zappos forum and then automates the cookie setting redirect to Zappos home page fu*king over the duped shopper and the merchant.

http://www.disep.org/sitemap_1.html
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by waytogo:
    just a guess. the site is probably Dirk's. he said he has almost 50 out of 50 in Google's top list.

I do not think so. I know some of his sites. Those are nicely designed affiliate sites with enough hard work. Might be highly optimized, but not trickster like this example.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That style looks familiar.

quote:
    this is the same "tricks for cookie setting tricks" employed by an earlier affiliates posing butthole Outed Here. They were Russians and a Australian.

Yeah, those're the ones I'm thinking of. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same people again.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Results 1 - 10 of about 90,000 from xkms.org for . (0.15 seconds)
    Results 1 - 10 of about 3,220 from biologischevielfalt.com for . (0.16 seconds)
    Results 1 - 10 of about 5,000 from disep.org for . (0.15 seconds)
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,670 from artschool-aegean.com for . (0.18 seconds)

Bad affiliate site, not creative design, bad webmaster...... .
    Jim Retner...used WEBMERGE or DBtoHTML for designed his sites

ABW Ambassador
    Do you know how many people seach specifically for "Skechers Energy Trax"?

A: Very Very Few.

Rather do a search for "Skechers" alone, which quite a few people do a search for. Scroll down on the search results page, and you will see the coupon sites with their infamous search engine spam and forced clicks to Amazon, etc.

All you've done is picked on some poor dude who only half knows what he is doing, and has applied that to a half-baked idea of making money with Zappos

quote:
    Jim Retner...used WEBMERGE or DBtoHTML for designed his sites

I hope he didn't use WebMerge for that POS! WM can make some really nice pages. If you start with a nice template, you get nice pages.

On the other hand, Garbage In Garbage Out, so it's definitely *possible* to make junk with it.

I haven't tried DBtoHTML so I don't know what can (or can't) be done with that one.

I clicked on a Zappos banner and seen this.
    http://www.zappos.com/welcome3.zhtml?0516.
    My CJ pid is not here.
    I clicked on another one and got this.
    http://www.strawberrynet.com/?AID=5835000&PID=my code!
    So who is 0516 or what is it?

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by mailman:
    I clicked on a Zappos banner and seen this.
    http://www.zappos.com/welcome3.zhtml?0516.
    My CJ pid is not here.

0516 is May 16 - today. There are probably doing some sort of internal tracking.

I think it is okay if CJ PID & AID do not show up in merchant URL. If the merchant is not doing batch reporting, meaning they reply on CJ to track, once you click on the qksrv link, a qksrv cookie is set and CJ's script reads from the cookie to track PID & AID in the order confirmation page.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by kelly626:
    Do you know how many people seach specifically for _"Skechers Energy Trax"_?

This was just an example. I did not want to list one of the hundred keywords here.

Very few people these days use a single word (like "Skechers") to search.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Very few people these days use a single word (like "Skechers") to search.

Over 50,000 people search for the single word "Skechers" each month with Overture, and you can be certain that many times that number of people conduct that single word search with Yahoo and Google.

As far as a search for "Skechers Energy Trax", or many other such specific product searches, Overture either shows ZERO searches, or very few (for an entire month).

-----------------------------------
    The most popular type of thief is a shoplifter, and how many white collar criminals do you suppose would envy any of them?

ABW Ambassador
    Is this considered duplicate content or cloaking?

http://authentic-strivectin.com/
    http://strivectin.schoolreference.com/
    http://strivectin.00freehost.com/

Allergy direct owns skinstore.com. They are mirror sites of skinstore. These are not affiliate sites. All of them are in the top 10 -20 of google for strivectin and strivectin sd; skinstores most popular item.

ABW Ambassador
    I think they are duplicate contents, probably not be cloaking.

ABW Ambassador
    "I think they are duplicate contents, probably not be cloaking."

Thanks, but what is the benefit of duplicate content? I assume it is a form of spamming. If the skinstore is already in the top 10 - 20 for those search terms already, then how do those duplicate sites with different names benefit them except to knock down other web sites in ranking. OR is that why it is done??

quote:
    then how do those duplicate sites with different names benefit them except to knock down other web sites in ranking. OR is that why it is done??

Bingo!

ABW Ambassador
    "then how do those duplicate sites with different names benefit them except to knock down other web sites in ranking. OR is that why it is done??"

"Bingo!"

OK this will probably sound like a really dumb question BUT does cj allow that type of thing to go on. Would an ethical merchant do that??

quote:
    Would an ethical merchant do that??

Ethically speaking, in general, I have no problem at all with trying to monopolize listings. Other than the fact that it's not MY monopoly in there, anyway!

The only problem I have with merchants doing it, is that it's directly competing with their own affiliates. It doesn't make sense, IMO, to bother having an affiliate program if they're going to do the SE-monopolizing on their own. Next thing you'll probably see is them kicking out all their datafeed affiliates and trying to just get free branding on content sites. And then he'll whine that SEO affiliates are competing with HIM!

I DO think that if a merchant's going to aim for a panel of listings with his own sites, he shouldn't do other things which give his program an image of being friendly to SEO-based affiliates.

So I don't find it unethical, per se, but it's sure aggravating as h*ll when some merchant looks like he wants SEOers in his program and then it comes out that he does NOT! It's like being specifically invited to a party only to be told to get out once you show up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast