Almost a third of my income was extended or reversed from my next check.

Every sale from these merchants was extended.

Bart's Water Sports
    ABaby.com
    HomeVisions.com
    StacksandStacks
    FineJewelers.com
    Dentalplans.com
    Freshpair
    Toshiba
    Ignatius Press

Internet Cowboy
    I just looked at this as my payment was "created" today.
    This month after chargebacks on the 10th, I had twice what I had last month on the 10th after chargebacks, yet my payment is less than 50 dollars more than last month's payment.
    What's up with that? Are we footing the bill for these special upgrades?

quote:
    Are we footing the bill for these special upgrades?

Nah nothing like that but I think merchants need to consider what keeps us going is the money we earn and if we don't get that money we don't have money to advertise and therefore no more sales.

Internet Cowboy
    All of my sales from the merchants you mentioned are extended too.
    But that doesn't nearly make up for the difference in my payout vs. last month

quote:
    This month after chargebacks on the 10th, I had twice what I had last month on the 10th after chargebacks, yet my payment is less than 50 dollars more than last month's payment.

This sounds like one of those strange math problems they used to give us. I still can't figure these out!

Threaten em. Yank em. Find replacements. If you're getting screwed by merchants because of some twisted CFO money management system...drop em. Find a Merchant that LOVES paying affiliates their fair share...I know one...ahem. The money guys at bigger companies LOVE playing tricks. Hit em where it hurts.

Anyway, don't put up with it.

I noticed the same thing! Been p*ssed off all day because of this. This kind of crap can certainly ruin a perfectly good Friday.

Last month was just as frustrating as one advertisers' transactions all showed "locked" but I still did not get paid from them. This was an $800.00 reducation in pay!

Feels good to vent. I feel better now just knowing I am not alone.

Yes...I agree, Heyder. This sucks!
    Arizona Deb
    [URL=http://www.azwoodman.com/]azWoodman.com[/URL]

Makes you want to E-mail the merchants and let them know that you are also "extending" their advertising. That's right...you've pulled all of it from your sites, and now feature ads for their competition where their ads used to appear.

You will "extend" this until you are paid for past performance.

Andy

Internet Cowboy
    The sales for this period that show as extended are only a small percentage of the difference.
    Is CJ putting me on a budget? Not a bad idea if they pay interest on the float.

Which are the best CJ transaction reports to review reversals, etc and to obtain the total dollar amount of reversals for a month? Is there such a report? Is there a particular selection in the drop down boxes?

Internet Cowboy
    You can filter them by transaction status in the main report menu. I am filtering mine for Extended and only a few showed up.

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder,
    I had extended sales 2 months ago from a merchant. I claimed for that and he told me that his AM was in holydays. Last month I got a fat check for all what was extended. Reversals are a problem because we do not have any tool to controle them.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    i had an email from homevisions saying that the transactons had been extended by accident and by no faut of theirs and will be paid in june instead.
    maybe cj made a mistake with the above named merchants???

Some merchants need more than 10 days to reverse transactions. If they do not have enough transactions to reverse at 10th, they'll extend it all and run the reversals later so that they can reverse enough transactions to cover their extra expense (30% for CJ).

It is a lie that transactions were extended accidentally. For Homevisions at least this was also the case last month. Homevisions will reverse 10% - 20% of transactions, they could not do it until 10th, so they asked CJ, again, to extend their transactions.

CJ does not make mistakes. Tracking works 24/7. Tracking system is written in C++ and it is largely built upon "trust".

In the road called "trust", may I please go in the other direction, where I'd be the one to be trusted and the merchant would be "obliged to" trust me?

Here is the letter HomeVisions sent:

You may have noticed that all April transactions generated through HomeVisions have been extended. There was an error that occurred and you will receive payment for April transactions in June. This is a one-time event and will not be a regular HomeVisions practice. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please contact me with questions/concerns.

Regards,
    Jessica Balis
    Online Marketing Manager
    HomeVisions.com
    Arizona Deb
    [URL=http://www.azwoodman.com/]azWoodman.com[/URL]

We are looking into this right away. It must be an error on CJ's part. They aren't in yet for the day. But I have a call into their account department.
    Thank you,

Snafu with the CJ accounting department, they have assured us personally that our publishers will be paid this week. I will be checking to make sure. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Evan, I debated wether or not I should mention the dentalplans extended because I personally only had one sale with your company. The other companies were multiple sales.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread