Todd:
    I have been having major problems now for two weeks, NO exaggeration, I have faxed CJ because I could not access my cj account and use the contact email, I received a reply from the fax, which fixed part of my problem, but I still cannot access my accounts email, to access the Help Dept. to advise of continuing problems. In the reply to my fax there was an email address I was to use if I had no other access, but that email was returned with a message advising me not to use that email address, and no help. I did not use the reply feature in outlook, I actually used the email address they told me to use in the email they sent me. Now I can't access my site at all, to check on money, email, or deactivations etc. this is really getting frustrating. Please see if you can do something. I guess I should give you my acct. number or something, not sure I should do that in the forum. Please let me know how to either contact you or cj, without resorting to more faxes. I know what I'm doing I've been with CJ for about three years, this has me baffed. This is not the latest problem all seem to be having this is ongoing. Thanks

I suggest you call our client services and discuss these issues over the phone.

Contact Us
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    I suggest you call our client services and discuss these issues over the phone.

http://www.cj.com/about/contact.jsp

Of course the contact you listed goes to an appication form to become a publisher, if you want to get further you have to be able to log in and use the "contact us" link, as previously mentioned I am unable to do that, the last phone call to cj cost 19.45 by the time I got to a person who could actually answer the question, this included a long hold time, unless that system has changed it seems unfair and a penalty for using cj services. I guess I'll go back to the Fax method, thanks loads for all your help
    de

Here's the number Huron. Sounds like you do have problems, as the link Todd posted goes to a page with all the contact numbers without logging in.

Phone: 800-761-1072
    International: 805-560-0777

Now that I read your post again,I think I misread it. I see you mention a cost of $19 and change. Guess that 805 number isn't toll free.

Have you check for spyware / malware with several utilities (one won't pick them all up)

Using Norton? try disabling it, try disabling all your running programs..

Check your HOSTS file, check for bho's, try other (secure) computers.. it might be your side.

Hope that helps..
    Cheers!

Thanks Folks for your suggestions it is much appreciated, Yep the PC has been cleaned with every program we can find to combat malicious ware. The 805 number costs money.
    The problem is at CJ end without question as you will note by reading my latest FAX. I understand they went through many revisions, and that always causes problems for any on line service. But this is hurting, in our time and free publication for advertisers who have quit. I am publishing the FAX sent to CJ listing my problems, if anyone else has the same problems let them know maybe they wil do something. I have removed our account number, but it was sent.

May 15/04

FAX 805 560 0776
    PH 805 761 1072
    Commission Junction Web Master

HELP HELP HELP

RE. CJ MAJOR PROBLEMS

I still cannot communicate using " Contact Us " I cannot go to HELP, I cannot confirm acceptance of Publishers terms, I cannot communicate in the normal manner, I still have major problems on my home page.

CJ email Page: when using link to email from home page must enter password.
    Close does not work when an email is opened, when the back button is used to escape from an opened email, it goes to the password page, when password is entered browser returns to opened email your trying to escape from.
    All Pages CONTACT does not work
    All Pages HELP does not work
    All Pages CJU does not work
    DEACTIVATED Link Button does not work, Now I'm publishing for non exisiting pages, I don't know who has deactivated although I sure get enough emails advising someone has deactivated.
    ADVERTISERS "GO" to button does not work
    NEW ADVERTISERS from Home Page: each requires a password re-entered.
    Nothing on the Right side of the REPORTS Page works.

I have set security to High on IE 6 as advised (A Pain in the Axx) when browsing setting has to be changed.

For every page I go to after leaving the home page I must re-enter my password. I have followed the directions sent to me directly as a result of my last Fax, security is set highest, equipment has been gone over by experts, it's at your end CJ do something.

rothwell@hurontel.on.ca

Huron

This is a basic point - but the behaviour you describe in your fax sounds like what happens when cookies (or session cookies) are disabled in Internet Explorer.

Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Advanced - make sure 'Always allow session cookies' is ticked.

Sorry if you've tried this already...

I have all my settings on default and "always allow cookie sessions" isn't checked and I don't have the problems Huron describes. If anything you would need to make sure "use SSL 2.0" and "SSL 3.0" are checked (default settings) under the advanced settings.

In fact if you haven't done so why not make sure everything is set to default.

Again Thanks for your help, every thing is set as it should be, I think there are only about 5 cases where the check mark is not beside the setting in advanced. Strangely enough one of the comments offered as advise from cj was to raise the security level on the browser to high, I do that when I go to cj, and this at least permits the home page to open, and I am able to read my mail. All the other complaints listed in todays FAX continue. I really believe the problem resides with cj, after all what does a setting or cookie have to do with a link action, when I click on the links mentioned nothing happens, nothing appears in the browser status bar to indicate it is working, nothing.
    I will keep accepting and acting on any advise that may cure this problem, and appreciate members help to date.

jim

Thanks Dirk, my bad, CJ works without session cookies.

It does sound like a local issue somehow.

Did you try DuckEE's advice re the hosts file?

Try renaming your hosts file and rebooting.

If this causes any other problems (unlikely) you can name the file back to 'hosts'.

Thank You to those members who offered help, I don't take advantage of the helpful hints in this chat group often enough, and am grateful for the site, and the comaraderie found here.
    First about CJ's help. basically none, I did receive some advice regarding lowering the security level in my browser, this permitted me to access my CJ area, but not any of the links on the right side of the page ie. contact, deactivated advertisers etc. CJ answered only one of three Faxes sent them, surely they could put a members only email contact on their home page where all can reach, such an accommodation, could be used by anyone who is not able to reach the Help team from their Home page. It could still be password protected to keep out sight seers.
    THE PROBLEM. I checked out a number of IE forums, at the last one I checked there was a comment about IE 6 causing the type of a problem I was experiencing and there was a fix for it on the MS site. I tried the fix it eliminated most of the problems but not all, so I uninstalled IE6, (an experience in itself) and went to Netscape, all problems GONE, I have since reloaded IE 5.6 and all is well. I am not endorsing either browser, but thats the story. CJ was not too blame, but their help attitude "sucks".
    Thanks to all that offered advise.

Jim

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread