Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have PERSONALLY used my own affilaite links to either BUY things or generate LEADS from my CJ merchants. 80% of the time neither a sale nor a lead is credited to me!
    I have PERSONALLY had tracking problems with:
    SNAPFISH... FEMAIL CREATIONS... TRUESTAR HEALTH..
    I have had many other orders tracked JUST FINE: Dental Health Plans... CoffeeAM... GoToMyPc.. EFundraising.. Sports Fanfare.. etc
    Can someone tell me WHY this is happening!
    YES I accept cookies.. NO I don't have parasite ware. Yes my links are correct...because the CLICKS register!!!!!
    I am relatively NEW to this, and I feel like I'm being scammed! Please help!

Thanks for your help.
    Trish

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Can someone tell me WHY this is happening!

I'm not affiliated with any of those nontrackers you mentioned, so I can only comment in general.

If they're batchers, transactions won't show up until they submit the batch. You can see whether they batch in their details.

If they're *not* batchers, I'd say it sounds like they've had their mitts on the Switch. In plain English...they may have disabled the tracking on their end, either on purpose or by some dumb move.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    It looks like those merchants are not tracking. You can complain through cj's ask a question, you can out them at this forum, or you could drop them an email and see if they respond.

Good luck.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have complained at cj's ask a question. The 'question' is still 'being researched"...going on 10 days!
    I have also emailed them, and been ignored 2 out of 3 times.
    I'm very frustrated. It seems like unethicakl stuff is going on. I guess I am naive!

Trish
    PS...How do I make a 'signature'? I really am very new to this!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You can investigate and find out if they are real shipping merchnats or just middlemen. Look at your CC charges for the merchant account information and check your product packing slips. Many CJ merchants are just posers with no investment beyond a copied e-catalog and price list.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Sounds like more than "Parasites are thieves". What is CJ "going to do about it"?

Seriously, this has been talked about a lot. If sales don't track, the sales should not be able to be completed. Links that don't work should go to a default page so that merchants cannot profit from broken links. Then, they would be forced to ensure that tracking works at all times.

CJ has a responsibility to us to ensure that links cannot be disabled by merchants in such a way that affiliates can be stolen from. Is that too much to ask for?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    When you do a test purchase, check the source code on the order confimation page for a 1x1 pixel from "https://qksrv.net etc etc".

If that is not there, the merchant is the problem. If it is there, then CJ is the problem.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Many CJ merchants are just posers with no investment beyond a copied e-catalog and price list.

Is there something wrong with the dropship or distributor model? Not every vendor is the primary manufacturer ya know. Do you go to Saudi Arabia to put fuel in your Pacer's tank, or do you go to the local Mobil or Amoco station?

The affilate model must be the real bottom of the barrel then, eh?

Trish 55,

Have you actually E-mailed the merchants about this? If you have, and don't hear back from them, that says a lot. If they were concerned about the non-tracking issue, they'd get back with you.

If you're just waiting on CJ to respond, there's only so much they can do. I've also documented multiple transactions that didn't show up, and my response from CJ was that this just happens sometimes.

If you contact the merchants and don't hear back from them, dump them and promote their competition. And let them know you're doing that too.

Andy

Yes, I have emailed all the merchants, and contacted CJ as well. I got the typical CJ response that 'oh well...it sometimes happens'
    I could accept this ...IF it was a visitor generated omission...BUT I know that I placed the orders. I also know that I have all correct settings on my computer for tracking and cookies. so.. it's a BS answer!
    I'm pretty pissed. I can be sure that if MY OWN sales are missing.. then there are probably multitudes of visitor sales and leads missing!

ABW Ambassador
    FEMAIL CREATIONS is a merchant I promote.

I have had 4 NEW sales with them this month and 3 extended. They report real-time. My sales were on the 6th, 8th, and 10th so they were reporting OK on those days at a minimum. The three EXTENDED sales were on the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

I dont have any data on the other merchants.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    What Chief_Beef said regarding viewing the source code of the receipt page. You should do this whenever you place a test purchase. And save that page. That way if the sales doesn't track then you have proof to send in to the Network.

You should also monitor to your cookies during the test purchase. Know how to 'read' the CJ tracking cookie and what your PID is when it is encoded into the cookie. First thing to check after you complete the test is that it actually is your PID in that cookie. Also save the cookie assoicated with the test purchase as documentation for the same reason as above.

Add MidPhase to the shitlist as well.
    I've had enuff headache with 'em for not being honest. Their AM, hmm...fuhgedaboutit.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I am relatively NEW to this, and I feel like I'm being scammed! Please help!

The best time to buy from non-converting merchants is during a CJ update. It is often a miraculous time when tracking is on, and sales are credited to the right affiliates.

"Tracking will not be affected" ...the irony is, that an update is one of the few times when the statement is close to being correct.

Trish 55,
    is it too late to return the product to that same merchant and purchase again?

Yes ovo...it's too late to redo the transaction. it was a mother's day gift and was sent to my mother.
    And that is hardly the big issue. what worries me more than a few bucks on that sale,...is how many other sales are NOT being tracked!!!

Im back again
    I'm still banging my head wondering WHY CJ is more concerned with having me PROVE my own $40 purchase..rather than discovering WHY that sale and many many others are NEVER tracked!
    Is this deflection or what?
    Where is Michael Moore when you need him?

Hi Trish!

I can't help you with CJ - hell, I've been having my own tracking problem to deal with..

But, to answer your question about creating a signature - go to the Blue "GO" Tab at the top of this page - Then my-space -> click on "profile" and once there you'll see "edit" on the top-right of the screen. Click on "edit" and you can create your signature, add a cute graphic, etc.

BTW, you got me worried about CJ now as well....
    ugh... more stress...

John

Trish I'm seeing the same thing my end. No sales in over a week - in fact my 7-day EPC has dropped to ZERO for the first time in over a year! I'm convinced there is a serious tracking problem, either from the CJ side or the merchants. I've stopped promoting all CJ merchants until I can get to the bottom of this. Something is very to say the least. I think this may be isolated to a few accounts as others seem to be doing OK so, if this is the case, yours and mine are obviously affected.

Thanks Grumpy.

it is infuriating. and considering the NASTY emails I get from CJ and the Merchant.. I want to scream!
    Oh by the way.. I got resolution onmymissing order.... IT WAS CREDITED TO DEALHUNTING.COM
    Ain't that sweet???

Trish I saw in another thread that you eventually found out what happened to your sales. Sure doesn't look good and it's enough to make a person sick isn't it? This morning I also wrote to one of my top performing merchants as I need to get to the bottom of why my sales for them have plummeted recently. Hope I get a reply from them soon.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Oh by the way.. I got resolution onmymissing order.... IT WAS CREDITED TO DEALHUNTING.COM - Ain't that sweet???
    Nope . . . just CJ business as usual. Some **** never ends . . .

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    quote:
    Trish I saw in another thread that you eventually found out what happened

Trish.. what thread? I was following this!!

quote:
    Originally posted by Billy Kay:
    quote:
    Trish I saw in another thread that you eventually found out what happened

Trish.. what thread? I was following this!!

This thread,
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=433109894

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Thanks JJJay,

I misunderstood. I already read that post. I thought they found out how the other site got credited with the sale and posted it here and I missed it. Guess we're still waiting...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast