Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So far,

Clicks 598
    Impressions 8,306
    CTR 7.20%

One sale only, 50 bucks

Are you using Adsense or are the clicks from a website?

hmm thats not that bad compared to my cj performance. This month so far for me

33,433 impressions
    1,573 highly targeted clicks
    CTR 4.70%

of course thats only for cj which is a small amount of my earnings and this is the First week of the next pay period. So still some time left to reach my cj goal. Though I am not really committing my time at cj cause I believe there are tracking issues that need to be resolved and problems with merchants not reporting sales. Anyway I wouldn't say it's a bad month I'm still making sales, and it's increasing every month! so there is no problems for me at cj this month.

Use AdWords to promote. I have removed AdSense from my sites.

I'm a newbie to affiliate marketing. My record is $700 commission/month from CJ. I know many many folks here hit thousands of dollars, some even tens of thousands of dollars per month.

Hopefuly I can learn some tips

A big issue I recently notice is Norton Internet Security (NIS).

When I were in my friend's home early this month, I notice either CJ or Google AdSense code is invisible. They are both blocked by NIS!

I don;t know how about NIS other versions, but NIS 2004 by default block many codes. Unfortunately, CJ's one is among blacklist.

Maybe that accounts for some loss of income. It is close to June, many users may have NIS installed already?

Kick Norton!

A big issue I recently notice is Norton Internet Security.

YEs it is a big issue. the issue has been around here for some time.... That's why I'm focusing on indys more

quote:
    Originally posted by CYN:

When I were in my friend's home early this month, I notice either CJ or Google AdSense code is invisible. They are both blocked by NIS!

I don;t know how about NIS other versions, but NIS 2004 by default block many codes. Unfortunately, CJ's one is among blacklist.

Maybe that accounts for some loss of income. It is close to June, many users may have NIS installed already?

Kick Norton!
    I have added code to circumvent the NIS issue, and have not seen a significant increase in sales ... perhaps the difference is are being eaten by parasites

Do you mean Mod_rewrite?

If your visitors with NIS installed will see an page, saying please disable your NIS or they will get CJ ads as usually?

Can you share your codes?

quote:
    Originally posted by Tj:
    quote:
    Originally posted by CYN:

Kick Norton!
    I have added code to circumvent the NIS issue, and have not seen a significant increase in sales ... perhaps the difference is are being eaten by parasites

There are plenty of options out there, I don't offer my poorly-written scripts publicly

Jason, are those "Highly targeted clicks," the same as those used by Mike and Charlie?

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    Originally posted by Jason "33,433 impressions
    CTR 4.70%"

This is very subjective. It is also not many clicks

How much did you make from those clicks?

Julian sent you a private message, buy_online cj is only a small amount of my earnings, I work with over 8 programs, And there not the same as used by Mike and Charlie. My earnings are enough to pay the rent, food etc. So I'm happy with it. Besides that cj is paying the rent each month. those stats are only from when I got payed from Cj last which was on the 20th or so.
    So don't even bother Flaming me.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

Which merchant? I'd like to know who to avoid. I think the most I've ever sent to a CJ merchant without a sale is about 800 or so. Turned out they didn't have the pixel loading on the confirmation page (did a test purchase).

I was being facetious Jason. You used the exact phrase that Mike uses when telling us about sending clicks to a merchant. Again, "Highly Tageted" got my attention.

I am still very curious though, how do you rate a click as being "highly targeted?"

Fred

http and a telephoto
    Yeah, doesn't cj show spider clicks too? So those highly targeted clicks could include googlebot, msnbot, yahoobot, etc etc.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Hope I explain this so it's understandable...

I'm not a big fan of the impressions to click ratio.

If you have a page devoted to shoe stores and you list 20 shoe stores - and assuming you do not alter the code(!!) - that's 20 1x1 graphics that slow down your page loading.

If the person searched for Payless ShoeSource and found your page, that's ONE qualified visitor. But you registered 20 impressions.

I think that skews that particular statistic to the point it's meaningless.

I just pay attention to the click-thru to sales ratio (and most days that particular figure is so low I try to look at it with one eye closed!!!!)

This has been my best month yet for CJ. I'm really close to the $10k sales point, so I hope I can start using CJ's datafeed feature for free next month. I should break 100 sales for the month so it's definitely been exciting. Now let's see if I can do 200 next month!!

May stats:
    Clicks: 8,372
    CTR: 9%
    CR: 1.2%

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    "This has been my best month yet for CJ. I'm really close to the $10k sales point"
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I am definitely must be doing something wrong or not doing all that can be done.

I don't even have $100.00 yet on CJ this month.

Pissmen.

ABW Ambassador
    Sales not commissions.

Thanks Trust,

At first, I just saw the 10K and posted away.

Now I feel better thanks to you, $10k in sales it's not that big deal on any given month, but I read it so fast that I saw $10k in commissions and I was starting to piss myself of.

Sal.

Neither my monthly sale nor commission ever exceeds 1K

Snib same here, I finally broke that unattainable mark,(for me anyway) of a $1000 in commissions last month and this month I am already past that. It took me 2 years with CJ to reach that, but with Adsense I broke that in the first month and every month since. And with Linkshare which I signed up with about the same time as CJ but never really bothered promoting any merchants because I hated the none combined payments I decided to give them another shot about 3 months ago and low and behold I have found a few merchants that should get me to that magic mark of over $1000 much quicker than I did at CJ.

"doesn't CJ show spider clicks too?"

No I don't think so

"I am still very curious though, how do you rate a click as being "highly targeted?"

In my case I would consider it quite highly targeted if it came from one of my sites which are 99% datafeeds so the person clicking through would know just what the product was, the price and even what it looked like.

super_girl stats

Clicks 9,884
    Impressions 444,692
    CTR 2.22%
    =====================
    this is bad month 4me, what about you, Snib and CYN

One thing EVERYONE seems to forget is the cost to get the impression. What it the number?

Example: 444,692 impressions...what did it cost to get that number in real money and real time?

Then comes the problem of do the commissions you earn equal or exceed the cost of impressions.

At $1/1000 that's an expense of $444.70. Now let's ad in cable modem $40 per month. let's ad in how many hours spent online line makeing pages - 20 times minimum wage - $110.

So it costs $585 to get the impressions...you make a profit if the commissions are higher than that.

If the impressions come from FREE SE, what guarantees that it will continue?

Anyone can make money in IM for a while, it's not so easy to do it year in and year out.

As long as anyone can get in the game for close to free and there are NO real rules to follow, the amount of money earned per player is going to get smaller and smaller.

It's called the Tragedy of the Commons.

SuperGirl,

Those stats mean nothing without your conversion ratio. To answer your question this has been my best month in affiliate marketing. I started creating datafeed driven sites in January of this year and am very close to my goal of $2k in comissions/month. I'm shooting for $5k by August and hopefully $10k by the end of the year. Wish me luck!!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast