I Have been affiliated with diamondsafe.com thru CJ for about a month. One of my sites is geared towards them. I have sent over 5,000 unique targeted visitors to their site with not 1 conversion. There EPCs are 3M/$7.00 and 7D/$2.50. Is this normal or is there something fishy going on? Thanks for any input. Jim

Its up to you - but with 5000 for nothing I'd give it up... try another merchant who might convert for you.

5,000 visitors in a month, and no conversions? Something seems amiss. I know that higher end items sometimes take more clicks to produce a sale, but with a range of prices, I'd think something would have sold by now.

I'd definitely keep them on radar, and be ready to bail if this trend continues.

Andy

Thanks alot for your input. I think i am going to bail on this merchant. Have a nice day guys and gals, Jim

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Weren't these guys tied together with Goldenmine is a jewelry cookie setting ring of sleezeballs. Remember the thread where Chris from Mondera banned them all after he found the popped hidden cookies to all the major jewelry competitors including him.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Have them check your links.

1. If they don't respond, dump them.
    2. If they check them and they are set up fine, dump them and get someone else.
    3. If the links are set up wrong, correct them.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I've noticed that my jewellry merchants Mondera and Diamond.com haven't been converting the last few months either.
    Apollo

an EPC of 2.50 is very low for things that are not as easy to sell as a donut or so..
    even $7 is low.

But:
    They claim: DiamondSafe.com is offering its affiliates a generous 7% commission on all sales.
    Along with our $2,500 average sale......,

So, the average commission is 175. With an EPC of 2.50, you need 7000 visitors on average
    to make a sale and score the 175. With an EPC of 7, you still need an average 2500 vis. to
    make a sale.. so, no sales in 5000 clicks is statistically not abnormal with these
    conversion rates, and based on the 7-d EPC, you seem to get just what you signed up for,
    bring another 5000, and you might get 1, or even 2 sales.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Shmoogle - you are the BOMB! Your translation of average sale, EPC and required clicks is something I do all of the time to gauge what's going on. The type of clarity you've provided here (even knowing you won't profit from it) - is the reason I come to ABW! Sincerely hoping the original poster completely understands and appreciates the math, and obvious conclusion, you've put forward here.

Donuts, you may also want to find out about special creative they can send to you...maybe their creative (product links or otherwise) may not fit your user experience, or even a survey to your dedicated users to gauge the problem with this site as well as other sites who arent or stopped converting for you at the level you either thought they would or did in the past.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Yo MLB,

Was not me with the question... I was merely telling shmoogle "great post".

Think your advice posted is meant for "James R. Morrison".

Have a great day!

Thanks alot Shmoogle for you experienced response! I wasn't looking at it in that aspect. Now that you have explained it in detail, it makes sense. There will eventually be a conversion. Thanks everyone for your input and help, James

Can someone explain the math for me?

How does a EPC of 2.5 mean 7000 clicks?

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread