Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Trying to figure out how I'm doing with CJ overall...

My personal performance stats, as a CJ publisher (affiliate), are:
    Network Earnings = 3 of 5 bars
    3 month EPC = $9.61 USD
    7 day EPC = who cares (too short of a term to make a judgment)

Anyone know how much I have to book to become a "4 of 5 bars" earner at CJ? Is it lifetime aggregate sales - or last 3 months - or what?

Care to share your 3 month EPC?

I'm hoping lots of people CRUSH and OBLITERATE my EPC stat so I can clearly see what is possible to acheive!!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I don't know how CJ calculates bars, but my EPC is a lot lower than yours and I've had four bars for a very long time. Someone more knowledgeable than I am is sure to come along and enlighten us both.

One thing I wish we had is stats broken out by link type. I'm pretty sure my stats for product links are much better than for banner links. CJ rules when it comes to stats.

Internet Cowboy
    To the best of my knowledge, the number of bars is related to your total commissions earned in relation to the others on the network.

From the help screen:
    Your Network Earnings ranking shows how you rate with other publishers in the network based on the volume of commissions earned. You are ranked in an "apples to apples" comparison with all publishers by taking each publisher's total commissions (regardless of currency) and then converting that total (if necessary) to US dollars.

I have been four bars for some time now as well and have gained significantly in commissions earned over the past several months. I am not sure how much one muct earn to be five bars. I would like to know that.
    3 month EPC $14.33 USD
    Greetings from New Smyrna, Donuts.
    Go Monsters!

Scott

I believe that the bars represent network earnings as compared to all other publishers and have nothing to do with EPC.
    Your EPC could be $100.00 but if you only get a small amount of traffic then the total amount earned is not significant.

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

You beat me to it Scott...

From my experience, the 5 bar point is around $100.00 per day in earnings.

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

Hey guys -

From my experience, the "barred measure" in CJ takes into account all of your data, both current and aggregate. One suggestion and it may sound crazy is to align yourself with higher converting advertisers or with how big search has become, to partner with some of your advertisers for keyword placement(s). Its the behind the scene things like this that help to boost what I call your network relevancy, which in turn will have more quality advertisers reaching out to you, getting you to your desired level.

I also find that product links/text links/banners convert best in that order. Take into account though always your site metrics and what your audience may deem valuable creative wise for your formula. At the end of the day sometimes, its simply the relevancy of the partner to your audience in that particular position on your site.

I hope this makes sense and i'm not giving you insights you already knew. Apologies if I did.

For the 5-bars, you have to be in the top 5% best-selling publishers.

Hey scohaz,

Looks like you actually understood what I wrote and asked here... and you replied on point. Thanks for that!

Thanks for motivating me as well!
    Nice EPC bud!

Greetings from O-town (the chewy middle of the Florida cookie). I surf the ice cream shack in New Smyrna couple of times a year, especially for swells from the North. Surf PlayaLinda and Cocoa more often though. But I digress...

Been running indies for years.
    But new to CJ - ~6 months.
    And new to ABW - they labelled me as a "newbie" due to few number of posts I've slapped up - if they saw my tax return for my aff-marketing, think they'd reclassify me!

When I get my CJ 3-month EPC near yours (another 6 months or so), will message you again and we can talk shop.

Until then, THANKS for motivating me!

Must not mean much because CJ is pretty much an "also ran" for me and I almost always have four bars. Generally, I don't promote CJ merchants. Haven't added any for a very long time and just maintain an old merchant or two.

I would ignore it.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

quote:
    3 month EPC = $9.61 USD ~ Donuts

Rise the # clicks to 175/day to get 4 – 5 bars in 2 – 3 months! I got 5 bars in 6 months, good to attract merchants (not to say good to my pocket).
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

The new phone books are here, the new phone books are here!!!! I'm someone special now!!!

Yeah, CJ marked me at 4 Bars now... (my Network Earnings are 4 of 5 bars)

IRS - you must be right - 4 bars for the little I've accomplished so far at CJ... must not be very important... and maybe, because there's such a wide range between starting (or really signing upo and not starting) and success - think the scale is skewed hard towards utter mediocrity...

Will keep 3-month EPC as an indicator for myself... and I'm mentally discarding the 5-bar Network Performance scale...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread