After 5 years of minimal but steady income. I get 2 bad sales at one web site and I get bounced and lost all amounts.

Thank you very much.

It seems obvious that I or you can get anyone bounced off CJ by buying some merchandise and cancelling the orders (2 orders).

Heres the email I got!

Commission Junction has identified your program as generating multiple (leads
    generated by yourself or common IP) or non-bona fide leads. In accordance with
    the Commission Junction Publisher Service Agreement (
    http://www.cj.com/pub_agreement.asp ), your Publisher Account has been removed
    from the Commission Junction network and your earnings have been reversed from
    your account ("charged-back") and credited back to the relevant Advertiser(s)
    due to their status as non-bona fide transactions and your promotional
    activities or participation in creating the transactions. You are not eligible
    to rejoin the Commission Junction network and any attempt to do so shall be
    void.

Two is different than multiple. CJ, while may have some it growth issues, is not unfair. See if there is some form of appeal process. Seems like 5 years and 2 bad sales should be weighed together.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    "Heres the email I got!

Commission Junction has identified your program as generating multiple (leads
    generated by yourself or common IP) or non-bona fide leads."
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

According to that email, it says [generating multiple] and not [2 bad sales]

If you have not done nothing wrong, you should talk to Todd Crawford and explain your situation, but if you was caught cheating, then deal with the consequences and your conscience.

Sal.

I have emailed back custoner service and got a canned autoresponder message.

I don't get it. I have had over a million CJ impressions per quarter. Web sites used since 1998 with a 4 digit account number.

They do know my back account number which makes me think direct deposit is not so smart either.

Oh - all the ads still go to the websites with an altered affiliate id! It will take 3 days to remove all of them.

Oh well, I will give them a day or two.

I don't get it - does this mean we are forbidden from buying from our affiliate links??

Beats me.

The only CJ link I use is to pay for ebay auctions.

If thats what killed my account it would be nuts to even run an ebay link since anyone could click it multiple times.

To make a long story short. I'm BACK!!!!!!!!

I was reinstated as of tonight. WIth most all funds restored later this month.

Todd listened to my reasons for what happened and we agreed on a simple solution that makes him and me happy.

Thanks Todd my faith in CJ is restored!

mark

Internet Cowboy
    Congrats Mark!!
    I have never corresponded with Todd, but he seems like he is very dedicated to his job.
    There aren't nearly enough people like that in the corporate world these days.
    Glad to hear it worked out for you.

I seem to be missing a bit of the story. Exactly what was it that you did that got you bounced and what was the solution ?

i BOUGHT 30 + ebay items from my own ebay link. The same ip address is also used to sign into CJ. That flagged some problem at ebay or cj and got the cj account bounced.

Mind you ebay, paypal and my credit card company nerver moaned about buying all these items within a short time frame!

SO ebay was removed from my merchant list along with the minimal commissions I would have received.

All other commissions will be reinstated later this months thanks to Todd!

Is that it? Again, has anyone else had problems buying from their own affiliate links? Is it forbidden? I am going to assume that 98% of us use the same computer to sign into CJ as we use on a daily basis for just about everything.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Marc,

Ebay has sent out several extremely long and you-need-an-attornery-to-read disclaimers over the past few months stating everything affiliates aren't allowed to do, and I recall that was one of 'em.

ABW Ambassador
    i think when you use broadband, you have the same ip everytime.

but when you use dial up, they give you a different ip when you log in again.

ABW Ambassador
    There are some merchants that allow you to purchase from your own site. It looks as though you need to read their affiliate agreement to find out which ones.

Maybe there should be a forum under CJ, which lists which merchants allow you to do that. This seems to be a common topic of discussion.

It may be simpler if CJ justs highlights a line in red when signing up with the merchant: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS MERCHANT USING YOUR OWN LINKS.

If I remember, ebay requires a seperate agreement that must be clicked. A line could be added in there.

I KNOW I should have paid attention to the agreement and messages.

I'm just glad that Todd reinstated the account. I've moved beyond it at this point. Any merchant who does not want me buying 30 items ain't gonna get me to promote their links.

If you even click through to check your own links, you have a cookie on your computer so even if you go straight to the store and not through your own links the same thing might happen. For that, you get bounced? Doesn't make any sense. Sounds like you can't buy from your own CJ merchants no matter what unless you remember to clear your cookies or you might be terminated. What nonsense.

In my opinion, they just don't want you to be able to check merchants links for tracking. Sounds like they want to make it easier for merchants to steal and not get caught.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

There is no way for an affiliate to verify their links are working properly, and crediting them with sales, unless they can make purchases through their own links.

Well, they can have a friend buy something while the transaction is "supervised" but that's a lot of trouble.

Why would a merchant not want affiliates to make purchases through their own links? What are they hiding? At the very least, a random once a month purchase policy for testing should be allowed.

If a merchant has such small margins that occasional purchases by their affiliates cause financial problems for them, they have much worse problems to be concerned with than affiliate purchases.

We're just supposed to take everyone's word for it that everything is working fine, right? These are people who allow others to overwrite my cookies. They are not trustworthy. They need to earn the right to be trusted.

Andy

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread