--- Original Message Separator ---
    "It has come to my attention you are buying ad placements or sponsoring a link using the term "Back In The Saddle".
    I can not allow this to happen. You are welcome to buy placement for other terms, but buying our own name with the search engines competes directly with us and is of no benefit to our company.

Please cease this immediately or I will have to turn off your link to us. Please let me know your intentions--I will wait until Friday, June 5.

I would encourage you to continue without purchasing ad placement of our name with the search engines. Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for complying with this request.

Mr. Back in Saddle,

If you would have mentioned the name or directed your email to the publishers who were sposoring links using the term "Back in the Saddle", it would have been more appropriate. Seems like you are addressing all the publishers with your note. In that case your message is rude and unprofessional. (We are not doing anything you have alleged that everybody is doing).
    Since you have brought to our attention there are a couple of point for you to attend to:-

Your links, from Commission Junction datafile do not have any images. Customers can read the the name of the item but have no idea what they are buying.

All links land at your home page, rather than the product page. This way customer is distracted and there are chances customer will lose concentration and we both end up losing sales.

Please let us know if you plan to fix the data file. Otherwise we will have no choice other than removing you from our websites.

Thank you
    Thanks
    Asif

ABW Ambassador
    Someone owes you an apology.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    "Please cease this immediately or I will have to turn off your link to us. Please let me know your intentions--I will wait until Friday, June 5."

Now I am really confused. I thought that a merchant could not do that or is that different than turning off the tracking to a site??

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I'm an affiliate of that program and I didn't can a message like that. It seems to be that that message was sent to you because they think you are doing what they said. If you are not, then ask them to show you exactly where this ad placement is. They obviously know, then simply follow the link and get the affiliate id. Once you have proof its not you then all will be well.

It should take you no longer than 5 minutes to solve this problem. Of course, once you prove its not you, then you deserve an apology.

This message is assuming that you are wrongly accused.

Mike

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    I thought that a merchant could not do that or is that different than turning off the tracking to a site??

The only way *that I know of* to do that is to deactivate the affiliate. Links from deactivated affiliates do not result in commissions. That's not technically "turning off the link" itself, but the end result is the same: $0.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    Someone owes you an apology.

I wish they have the guts to come out and say something about it. They have read my eamail and I am sure they are monitoring this board.

Me? I am not going to submit an appeal to them, "Please clear me of the allegations". They should have come up with a some kind of proof. If they don't respond to my email, they are gone, for good.
    Thanks
    Asif

ABW Ambassador
    Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    I got a similar message from a merchant a while ago & it was sent in error, The merchant, who has a presence here at ABW, cleared it up immediately and offered an apology.

Mistakes like this are human errors, understandable & certainly forgivable. Ignoring your reply isn't. Maybe after the holiday they will do the right thing.

Wayne

(Edited for embarrassing spelling mistakes.)

[QUOTE]

"Mistakes like this are human errors, understandable & certainly forgivable. Ignoring your reply isn't."

Thanks Wayne. You are humble and understanding.
    You might have noticed the same thing in my reply to them. Otherwise a threatening language like this deserves a completely different kind of response.
    Thanks
    Asif

ABW Ambassador
    I got that message from them about 5 months ago and got all bent out of shape about it. It looks like this is their standard MO...

No reply from Back in the Saddle yet.
    I guess they don't care. UGH
    Thanks
    Asif

Ok Back in The Saddle,

You did not care to respond to my last email.
    Since we are not making any sales, there is no sence keeping your links in our system.
    Apparently you or some of your parasite friends were stealing my sales commisions.
    Please check with your parasite friends if they were the ones who were doing all that for which we were being blamed for.

I don't like receiving threatening emails without any substance. Send it to somebody else.

I have removed your links from our webistes
    Good Bye.

Asif

Quote:-
    "It has come to my attention you are buying ad placements or sponsoring a link using the term "Back In The Saddle".

"I can not allow this to happen. You are welcome to buy placement for other terms, but buying our own name with the search engines competes directly with us and is of no benefit to our company.

"Please cease this immediately or I will have to turn off your link to us. Please let me know your intentions--I will wait until Friday, June 5."
    Thanks
    Asif

Good riddance to Back In the Saddle!

Promote their competition, instead. Do a glowing page promoting their competition, then send a link to THAT page to the BITS AM. See how they like that!

Andy

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread