I just placed a test order for myself - I kept getting a decline x 3 times, so I called my VISA people and guess what the transaction went through 3 times!! I called 123Inkjets and they don't have a record, can't do anything -they say - OMG now I have almost $300 in charges for inkjets and will never even get them - I AM NOT IMPRESSED!!!!!!!

Internet Cowboy
    Call VISA and dispute the charges. 123inkjets will somehow find them if you do that.
    The bottom line is that if a merchant does not have a physical swipe and an original signature, they will lose every time in a dispute, unless you used a debit card, which you should never use on the web.
    Scott

And I have done so - they will chase after it if 123 does not voluntarily reverse after 2 days. It makes me wonder what other consumers are meeting when they ask 123 for help. Not good, not good at all.

Abigail,

Do not wait 2 days - it’s harder to dispute if you wait. Request a charge back immediately, explain that the merchant states they never received any such order, blah, blah, blah.

Internet Cowboy
    I agree with Sandra.
    Get mean and aggressive or VISA will think you are up to something.
    I used to run a web store at the merchant level. This was a huge problem for us and I am sure it still is. People can buy something on the web, the merchant ships it right out, then the customer can dispute it and effectively get the item for free. People are hip to that and law enforcement just says "Duhhhh, we can't do anything" when you contact them.

When I look back on those days then look at the incredibly less amount of daily BS I have to put up with as an affiliate, it makes me dance .
    Then I think of the time I wasted doing it the "hard way". But the past is not nearly as important as the future.

Good luck with it Abi. You will get it worked out I'm sure.

Scott

This sounds like a temp. authorization to me. It's common in situations like this. They can't actually CHARGE the card until they ship.

I had an issue where the USPS couldn't verify the shipping CVS so they ended up charging 3 times.

The other temp authorizations should roll off by themselves.

You have 60 days to dispute. I don't think you can do a formal dispute until the charges hit your bill on paper.

Calling the CC company is smart and if you used a debit card you may be able to get the bank to issue you a credit sooner than later.

Of course this might not be what's happening to you.

You are correct I can not dispute until the charge hit the bill - the VISA people have assured me the charges have been made and are not temp auths - I have emailed Mike at 123 - I am almost more concerned that this may have been a gateway problem and may be more wide spread and affecting other web consumers. The was denial because AVS declined on address issues when there is not address problem, I confirmed there to be no problem with VISA.

I think you should take this opportunity to do business with a different inkjet company. I used to promote 123, until I got fed up with them.

If you haven't already read their now closed forum, spend a little time there. You'll see where Mike made a big announcement about dumping all the parasites, and begged everyone to really promote them because of this.

Then a few weeks later, he signed up very quietly with the parasites again. He then closed his ABW forum.

Do you really want to partner with a company that would do something so sneaky to affiliates?

Find a better inkjet company, it would be hard to find one worse than 123...

Andy

I have managed to open up a communication with Mike on my VISA issue - I will let you know how it shakes out. Andy, he as also given me an opportunity to comment of the affiliate program and I will do that, too, after I have read the formum.

I had a similar situation with them, I ordered 2 color and 2 black ink jets, they conformed the order, and a account number.
    When it came, i had 2 blck ones, I called customer service, they were sorry, sent me a mailing label, and 2 more black ones.I called again, this time i got the wrong jets, and a message if i didn't return the jets, I would be rebilled, I had to pay the postage, and never got them, I went to staples and got what i needed.Small wonder why some shopper's never come back.Poor service to me, would be the same as anyone else.That's my dimes worth,
    jj

I have had a good dialogue with Mike over the last few days. I am convinced he is looking into the customer service thing and will deal with it. Looks like the VISA issue may be traced back to a technical problem at "my" bank's end. That is being sorted out as well.

I do know people that have ordered several times from 123 and always been happy with the price, the product and the efficiency of the delivery.

I have been a CJ affiliate for almost 5 years, I haven't done a lot of purchasing - shipping and duty has always been an issue because I am a Canuck. I do a large volume of sales, all things considered, I have NEVER had any negative feedback from customers, about any of my merchants and have found the AM's of the programs I run in, to be approachable and reasonable, Mike at 123 / 00Ink is no exception.

Abigail,

I'm glad you've been able to find the problem, hopefully it will all be straightened out soon.

Keep in mind, very few customers will actually tell you when they're unhappy. When you hear from one, most likely several others feel the same way and just didn't bother to express it.

Perhaps because you've developed a relationship with Mike, you won't have any problems. However, I feel he was deceitful and sneaky in his treatment of affiliates with the way he handled the parasite situation, and I won't do business with people who treat others that way.

Enjoy your good relationship while it lasts...because it would appear EVERYTHING is subject to change.

Andy

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread