Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mypoints is listed under ParasiteWare here at the ABW forum. They are also listed as a new merchant at CJ. Does CJ go out and recruit parasites or do they just make it very attractive for them to join?

hmmmm.

They were even on the frontpage (of CJ) with a photo etc.. somehow I am sure I saw the guy before with another program on CJ..

They promote/recomend them to every new merchant that joins them as top performers.
    (maybe they dont know the difference between a performer and a thief)

They also make a big showcase out of one of the biggest parasites Ebates.

In my opinion CJ are not only in love with the parasites I think they could also be in bed with some of them. At least that is how it seems as they make it so bloody easy for them to steal from us. Despite being shown numerous videos they still allow them to use downloadable apps. that overwrite, divert and redirect our commissions.

Gordon YouTrek.com
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ever wonder if all the CJ upgrades are just changes requested to be made to accomodate more and more BHO parasites??

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

quote:
    Ever wonder if all the CJ upgrades are just changes requested to be made to accomodate more and more BHO parasites??
    No, but I wonder if Mike's brain has been infected by parasites that cause him to make up conspiracy stories that don't have a shred of truth to them.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    Originally posted by sheepiedog:
    Mypoints is listed under ParasiteWare here at the ABW forum. They are also listed as a new merchant at CJ. Does CJ go out and recruit parasites or do they just make it very attractive for them to join?

hmmmm.

These sites are listed as Featured Publishers
    Case Studies
    · MyPoints
    · NetFlip
    · Ebates

This site I signed up on tried to get me to download something.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

quote:
    Featured Publishers

Makes me wonder - 'featured' or 'preferred'?

CJ openly promotes and encourages organizations which are widely regarded as parasites. CJ promotes these parasites to all of their new merchants encouraging all merchants to jump on the parasite bandwagon right from the start.

This isnt happening in the past - it is happening yesterday, today and tomorrow ! Yet all done under the guise of being a trusted third party.....

hmmmmm, what chance does a non-parasitic affiliate have?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Perhaps we should start a list of merchants affiliated with MyPoints.

"Domestications" (Linkshare, CJ-Catalog City), tried to sell me a MyPoints membership when I placed an order with them over the phone.

ABW Ambassador
    Is there a url of the list of merchants using mypoints that we can check?

That way we know which merchants to stay away from.

The last thing I want to promote is a merchant that ensures that commissions from the sales I make go to their preferred parasite.

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

womanht, after my last post I found this list:

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...3&m=1486022453

ABW Ambassador
    thanks.

This is a shame i just got a co workers computer uninfected by these people, and now i should join and promote mypoints because they are featured at cj yeah thats gonna happen.

-----------------------------
    parasite free merchants only! Join the Club it's Rewarding in the long run
    aim nycfalcon1

good grief, I just saw the loooooong list of merchants - so I wrote to all the ones I'm using and asking about their parasite policy. I wonder how many will bother to answer

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

I've pretty much concluded that if I were to eliminate every merchant who is known to partner with scumware, I'd have very few merchants left.

Depressing, ain't it?

quote:
    I've pretty much concluded that if I were to eliminate every merchant who is known to partner with scumware, I'd have very few merchants left.

It is a blessing in disguise
    I did that a month ago and its the best thing i ever did! Im now seeing commisions come in instead of bring ripped off and advertising for these large companies that must think its fun to get free advertising and waste my time. i have dropped over 100 merchants and only focus on 10 make many pages a day focus on the good guys and you will be rich!

aim nycfalcon1

Rich, huh? lol! I'll settle for considerably less than that.

Tell me something puleeze...how long did it take you, working back and forth from scumware lists, to figure out which ten merchants were parasite free? I've considered taking a week off to analyze those lists but the task is a little bit intimidating, you know?

ABW Ambassador
    One reason why I'm so angry regarding parasites.

For 2 years, I've had a site with decent traffic but hardly enough income to pay the bills.

When I came to abestweb and found out about parasites, and that 95% of the merchants I had been using were with parasites, I took that bold step and did a clean up. Dropped those merchants and used the remaining clean merchants to fill in the holes. Then I came to abestweb to look for more anti-parasite merchants. I was left with only 5% of the original merchants I had been using.

Things have been looking up since then. Sales have been increasing as I dropped those merchants with parasites. More sales with less merchants? Shows how much theft had been going on. How much had been stolen for me for 2 years.

What would be really useful is a spreadsheet that lists merchants down the side and scumware across the top, and an X in corresponding cells showing who's shacked up with whom.

That's what I've contemplated doing myself, but if anyone else has already done it, please share!!! Probably the best way to convince merchants to drop the parasites is to drop the merchants.

Rhea i have 2 list they are here somewhere one of 1800solutions and one of ebates. if any store is on the list they go bye bye. im sure someone will post the ebates list. btw im not rich by any means but now when they click on my site i know im getting the commision.
    also look at the trusted list on left side of abw main page it will point you in the right direction as to who is clean of parasites and you will notice the list gets bigger by the day.

aim nycfalcon1

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    CJ and the other networks Love these BHO incent Dupers who e-mail out billions of cookied offers, directly steal fellow commissions at the point of sale from a crappy shopping directory. Any merchant AM lame enough to get their merchant double dipped by these type's of middlemen wanks, who do NO BRANDING, and pad all sales with profit draining incents deserve to be flipping burgers.

Any affiliate stupid enough to shoot all their sales potentials by pushing popup the Ad Whores like iWon. Mypoints, Gator, WhenU, eBates for lead fees need to be tarred and feathered.

CJ and the other get a cut off of every theftware hijack, like some fence for the burglars.

Description: JOIN THE MYPOINTS AFFILIATE PROGRAM AND RECEIVE $1.00 FOR EVERY VERIFIED NEW MEMBER (U.S. and Canada residents; 18 and over) and AN ADDITIONAL $2.00 FOR EVERY VERIFIED MEMBER THAT MAKES A PURCHASE WITHIN THEIR FIRST 30 DAYS OF JOINING MYPOINTS.
    Why Your Customers will Love MyPoints?
    MyPoints members earn free rewards for things they are already doing, like shopping at Gap, Barnes & Noble, Office Depot, Target and over 200 other top-name merchants online. When not shopping, members can earn Points by reading email, taking surveys and visiting new websites that interest them. Points are good for free gift cards to all your favorite stores like Target, Red Lobster, Burger King, BLOCKBUSTER Video and many others. Best of all, membership is free!

Apply now! Once accepted, you will receive an email, and be put on our free offers list (courtesy reach around), with all the information you need to get started.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

Thanks, nyfalcon.

When I entered the affiliate field things were so much simpler. All I had to do was figure out what my visitors wanted and make a couple of search engines happy. Now I feel almost besieged by scumware and the merchants who partner with them.

Don't worry about being rich. I hear it's highly overrated.

In my opinion, the problem is that supposedly trusted third party networks, not only allow this kind of cr*p to go on, they openly promote it to the merchants which is a complete slap in the face to their honest affiliates.

In my opinion, Todd is just CJ's damage control guy - and he has the wool pulled over many very experienced affiliates eyes. He is a top level CJ executive - why would affiliates here think he is looking out for their interests ?! He is looking out for CJs interests. Just look at his only response in this current post.

CJ have made specific business decisions and one of those decisions is to allow and promote parasite ware at the expense of the other affiliates. The reason must be because they get paid regardless of who makes the sale, so why should they care?

I am angry that they are actively pursuing and signing up new parasites and then promoting them to their merchants. I think all the affiliates here should wake up and smell the coffee - CJ signs up parasites, promotes parasites and in my opinion IS a parasite. After all, they are allowing our commissions to be stolen, does it matter by who?

It's sad to think that at this very moment, there are affiliates building pages and adding links for MyPoints. Not knowing that in the long run they will be hurting not only themselves, but the affiliate marketing industry as a whole.

Shame, shame on CJ for continuing to promote theft and thievery! Someday IT WILL come back to haunt them!

Here, let me promote your business for you. I don't need anything in return, please steal my money, take my livelihood, it's OK because it isn't illegal! (yet)

Andy

There is no (or very little) point for me to run ads that don't perform. I've already pulled all my CJ ads and emailed all the LS merchants I run ads for that show up on ABW's 'infected' lists.

The ones that want to continue doing business with the parasites will be doing so without my help as I get around to performing regular maintenance on my pages.

The other recourse I have is to help expose the fraud, so guess I'll start doing that too.

Web_Novice

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    FYI all,

I just expired MyPoints from Irvs Luggage and Executive Essentials.

I'm not sure when they changed their desciption. They were approved by the previous AM and have not been making many sales so I never even noticed them. Then I was just checking my Feb stats and saw they made 2 sales (less than 20 in comm) and remembered seeing their name here. Did some research and booted them right away.

At any rate they are gone now. Just wanted to let you know. CJ takes 7 days to expire affiliates so hopefully soon we will be off the MP merchant list. Bye Bye Mypoints.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast