Please excuse me if I start to rant - but I'm very frustrated with affiliate support from BeFree and CJ.

I have a problem you will all probably experience at some point: I worked with InkjetUSA via BeFree last year and they were deactivated in November. At that time, they owed me almost $1100 in commissions. Since then they have not paid, and worse, they continue to operate their site (no bankruptcy or otherwise).

I have enlisted a collection agency to help collect. I'm hopeful this team of lawyers can reach a solution.

Here's my problem: I have to prove that my site and InkjetUSA had a relationship, that this debt is real, and they are truly liable. Unfortunately, BeFree no longer displays any info on InkjetUSA (including reports, affiliate agreement, etc).

BeFree has sent me a crude spreadsheet with my earnings, but, they won't send anything to help identify me as a valid affiliate on InkjetsUSA.
    They no longer have the affiliate agreement, nor will they provide anything to help in my legal battle.

Worse, I have contacted BeFree and CJ in every way I know how - mostly affiliate help email - asking for a call back and assistance. I've found that maybe only 50% of my requests receive any type of response. When I do, it is usually a quick one liner that helps in no way.

So I have two questions - Does anyone have a name and phone number of someone at BeFree who can help with an Affiliate problem? Does anyone have an idea of how to prove my relationship with this company, something that will stand up in a court of law.

I'm very frustrated that I have received no helpful responses from BeFree and CJ, who I had hoped were on my side when I really needed them to be. If I'm out of line here, please point it out. If you can help, I'd appreciate it.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    something that will stand up in a court of law

If that's where you're going with it, your lawyer will use whatever method is appropriate and necessary to obtain this information. You don't need to do the footwork yourself.

This may not be what your looking for but the below information can assist you in finding what your looking for!

For all those that hate alexa - I love there way back option...

I would suggest really looking through all the options: http://web.archive.org/web/*sr_51nr_...nkjetusa.com/*

----------------------------------------------
    http://web.archive.org/web/200101171.../affiliat1.htm

Save 40-60% on Hewlett Packard, Lexmark, Epson, Canon and Apple ink cartridges through our mail-in refill service!

Affiliate program potential income chart

Number of cartridges you sell daily Your annual income before taxes*
    5 $6,600.00
    10 $13,200.00
    20 $26,400.00
    50 $66,000.00
    100 $132,000.00

*based on a average net profit (pre-tax) of $5 per cartridge.

Over one million inkjet cartridges are thrown away every single day. Only 5% of these inkjet cartridges are being recycled. As the percentage of cartridges being recycled increases our income potential will increase.

inkjetusa.com's affiliate program costs only a fraction of your annual income based on selling only five (5) ink cartridges per day!

Sign me up!

----------------------------------------------
    http://web.archive.org/web/200006110...m/affiliat.htm

Save 40-60% on Hewlett Packard, Lexmark, Epson, Canon and Apple ink cartridges through our mail-in refill service!

Make money, own your own internet inkjet business!

Become an inkjetusa.com affiliate!

At inkjetusa.com, we make it easy. We design your web-site, handle all of the administrative and manufacturing responsibilities, while you concentrate on marketing. We even provide a marketing/sales plan for your new web based inkjet recycling business. On the first of each month we will send you a check for the profits that you generate. It's that easy!

Because inkjet cartridges are a consumable, that people need again and again, this can be a great source of consistent monthly income for you.

Here's what you get:

A web-site that looks identical to this with the exception of the affiliate program information. You simply provide us the name you want to use and we do the rest. Ex: bobsinkjets.com

Two thousand custom designed business cards. These are an excellent way to get referral business.

Proven ad copy that will grow your business.

Use of our Business Reply Label. We will add your company name to our business reply permit allowing your customers FREE SHIPPING to our remanufacturing facility.

Monthly reports detailing your customers names and the cartridges they send to our facility.

A complete marketing/sales plan.

Sign me up!

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Why do you want competition. Aren't we going to be competing with you?

A: Inkjetusa.com is a manufacturer. We have invested in the equipment to mass- produce inkjet cartridges. "Affiliate" means partner, which is exactly what you will be...our "partner"! We have reasoned that we can accomplish a lot more if we have partners to help us market our high quality inkjet refill service.

Q: How do I know inkjetusa.com and this affiliate program is everything that you represent?

A: As one of the top 10 wholesale inkjet companies in the United States we are very proud of our reputation for quality and our remanufacturing facility. We have and sound financial background and a focused business plan. We have been recycling inkjet cartridges since 1995. We personally invite you to to tour our facility in Denver, Colorado and meet our staff. In fact, we will reimburse your travel expenses up to $500.00 if you decide to become an affiliate of inkjetusa.com!

Q: How much does it cost?

A: The fee to become an inkjetusa.com authorized affiliate is $3000.00. Payment terms are 25% with your completed application and balance when your web-site and support materials are delivered. We accept major credit cards and personal checks. We publish our price UP-FRONT because we do not want to waste your time. We are a REAL company that has invested in a REAL inkjet cartridge production facility that operates 6 days a week in Denver, CO. We are not a multi-level marketing company. Come visit and see for yourself, you'll be sold!

Q: How much money can I make?

A: Please look at our affiliate chart for more information. Results vary depending on your efforts. Over a million cartridges are thrown away every day. Our facility in Denver recycles over 30,000 inkjet cartridges every month with a capacity of 120,000 per month.

Q: Why don't you list a telephone number and does it affect business?

A: We do not accept telephone orders to keep costs low. Furthermore, we want the internet to do the administrative work for us. Once you become an affiliate you will be given our 800 number with direct access to our knowledgeable staff. Our sales have grown in record numbers every month.

Top inkjetusa.com affiliates:

RecycleUS.com Up and running 1-23-2000! Already averaging over 100 unique visitors per day!

ForYourInkjet.com Up and running 2-12-2000!

If interested send us an email. We will contact you immediately.

Send mail to sales@inkjetusa.com for questions or comments about this web site. Copyright © 1998-2000 Inkjetusa, Co.

ABW Ambassador
    Scrappy,

We had a similar problem with Befree and Efastadvance. Unfortunately, Scott from Befree (the Befree forum) couldn't do anything, and after a few months Efastadvance was knocked off of Befree and we never saw our money.

I just now looked at their website (efast) and they're still saying they're affiliated with reporting.net (befree). They owe us about $2000 but we don't know how to go about getting that money, especially since it's purged off our Befree accounts.

I wish you luck. If anyone has gone through this and actually collected money, I'd love to hear how.

If all else fails, one thing I did with a merchant that owed me money was to send them an email directing them to a page I made. On the page I had info about the merchant not paying it's debts off and so on. All I did was tell exactly what happened and that the customer should be carefull about doing business with a merchant that wasn't paying its bills. I sent several emails to this merchant before without an answer to any of them. When I told the merchant that I would make sure a couple thousand of my visitors would see that page each day, they finally responded telling me to expect a check within the next couple of weeks

The check showed up although it was a couple hundred dollars less than what I expected it to be. I left it at that. I didn't feel like dealing with a lawyer, plus everything I had on the webpage was true so they couldn't come back at me. Just a thought if you hit a dead end
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    Not a bad idea DePackster. In our case, we have many lawyers in the family all saying they'd be glad to write letters. It's just a question of getting our acts together to chase the money. I hate playing the rold of collection agency. LOL.

I am owed about a hundred dollars from InkjetsUSA. Same story as you, emailed them a few times and never got my money. Same case with InkToday, though it was a bit more money. Sadly both programs ran under LinkShare, which I though made them a bit more legitimate. Come to think of it I have been screwed by more LinkShare merchants than all other merchants...
    <A HREF="http://www.affmarketing.org/">The Affiliate Marketing Blog</A>: Check out my latest entry on "Affiliate Marketing on a Dime"

Nice work DaPackster...

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

ABW Ambassador
    Even though this has nothing to do with CJ/BeFree has anyone had any kind of experience with Inkjetsmart. They owe us money and all calls go unanswered.

I maintain that we need an overarching solution to problems like these.

What about forming an affiliate trade organzation? You would have to pay yearly dues, but in exhchange when problems like this arise you would be contact the organzation's lawyer. They would be able to negotiate on behalf of tens of thousands of affected affiliates. You would be more likely to get paid what you are owed.

The problem is, who would pay for this? For most affiliates, I would suggest dues should be about 100 dollars per year. Perhaps more.

If enough people joined, the organization could also negotiate group health insurance rates.

The organization would also keep an eye on federal laws that might impact affiliates.

Does this exist already? Is there any interest in this? Would you pay 100 or 200 dollars per year for this?

ABW Ambassador
    Well, it's a decent idea but I have free legal services and we get health insurance from my husbands job. But like anything, you need a board for that, a treasurer and then you run the risk of everyone thinking their money is being spent..also how do you monitor who has valid claims and what not?

Just a few points.

Thanks for your help so far!

This may help others: I decided to submit my unpaid commssions to a collection agency for help. I went to BuyersZone.com and completed a short query app (http://buyerzone.com/finance/collect...tions_43.jhtml) and had three collection agencies contact me that day.

Essentially, I turned over the info I had (names, contacts and debts) to them and they are now pursuing collection. I only pay a % of the claim if they collect, so if they fail, it's no cost to me. Just as important as the money, I hope they can trouble these scammers enough so they know they cannot just walk out without paying.

The agency I chose is Greenberg, Grant & richards at ggrinc.com. My rep is Jeffery Retterer. They haven't collected any $ yet, but I've only submitted my first claim last week. I'll post here with my results.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread