The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Don't know how many people took advantage of the CJ webinar about converting click-thrus to sales hosted by Topica, but it was GREAT!!!

Can't wait to start using the tips!!

Thanks for the lessons CJ.

Billy, do you know of they have links for the "re-runs" of the seminars online?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    mark,

the gist of the webinar was way cool - basicaslly we do everything backwards. we do things in the following order:

Traffic: Spend most of our time figuring out ways to get more traffic and be #1 on Google.

Merchandising: Does the way we present our products match our customer demographics. Do the graphics look presentable. Is the product description too short/too long. Too boring.

Conversion: Are you getting email addresses. Are you doing demographics (are your visitors men or women, kids or nuns). Are you doing follow ups. Are you giving them a reason to buy now (sale ends today. here's a coupon for free shipping). Did you pick your shopping cart soley because it was the cheapest!!!

Basically, we're supposed to flip this around.

Concentrate on conversions first. Doesn't matter how many people google sends you. If your site isn't set up to convert traffic into sales... etc.

I have some conversion "tricks" (that's definately the wrong word, sounds devious, but my mind is drawing a blank) that I use, and I know they work because of the feedback I get from customers.

I'll PM you names and emails of both the CJ contact and the Topica contact.

PS: Jesse just showed me the free NakedZombie candy that came with the free t-shirts! He knows me! He hid it before he went to school.

Well, gotta' go rummage thru my son's room now...

Thanks for the contacts, I popped em an email. Sounds like the event was well worth while.

RE: the candy, good luck it's like pure sugar, if you find it and eat it, Jesse may get home and find you drooling on yourself in the corner.

Then again, maybe that's par for the course ;-)

thnx again.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread