ABW Ambassador
    I was talking to a merchant today who told me that their company was going to get an account manager at cj. She told me that an account manager is the same thing as an affiliate manager. Is that true? Does cj provide affiliate managers to the merchants now?

ABW Ambassador
    I think them's the folks that "choose" affiliates to partner up with a merchant. Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Chief_Bobbit:
    I think them's the folks that "choose" affiliates to partner up with a merchant. Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink.

So those e-mails that I often get asking me to join programs are from account managers? Is that all that they do? She indicated that the account manager would be running her program.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Majority of major budgeted merchants use network sponsored AM firms or 3rd party AM firms run by DMA/IAB members and Ad agencies. Their claim to fame and high prices is the have access to auto approval of the Super/Duper affiliates based upon hidden network summary stats.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Majority of major budgeted merchants use network sponsored AM firms or 3rd party AM firms run by DMA/IAB members and Ad agencies. Their claim to fame and high prices is the have access to auto approval of the Super/Duper affiliates based upon hidden network summary stats.

I have to admit that I really enjoy all of your posts, but I think I need to take a course to understand what half of your abbreviations mean.

OK so is a network sponsored AM firm an account manager at cj?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    My take:

I don't think networks should be in the check-cutting business (we all know Linkshare's inablity to get our checks to us)

and I don't think networks should be in the AM business.

There was a merchant who owed us money. We sent zillions of emails to the AM. Never a response.

We contacted the BBB.

Merchant's response was: First we heard of this. We pay the network to be our AM so we don't have to deal with affiliates.

The AM who never responded to our emails didn't actually work for the merchant, he worked for the network.

Talk about a conflict of interest!!

The service is called CJ Associate - essentially it is an outsourced program mangement service available to our CJ Vantage advertisers.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread