Hi ppl, just out of my curiousity how many of you promote SlipCoverShop ? I have been promoting and sending them 694 clicks the past couple of month, not to mention 50+ clicks today and they have yet resulted in a single sale.

What have I done wrong ?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've got them as a merchant with unstellar results. Slipcovers from other merchants perform better.

Stats for them for 2004 so far:
    Clicks 4813
    Sales 18

I don't like their site design--I think it's interfering with sales. It seems to be targeted toward Indians! Problem is, they're in the US market. Some of those slipcover colors clash badly with the background (according to American taste). Plus, people need to be able to visualize the product in THEIR OWN houses, not Some Guy's pink palace.

A white background behind the pictures, with a wide margin so their vision isn't picking up the site color too much, would probably help the CR.

Also the logo sucks. It looks like it's made of cheap extruded plastic. Ugh! $25 at GotLogos.com would be a wise investment!

All that said, the competing merchants for slipcovers aren't exactly blowing the doors down with business either. But when I see something blatantly anticonversionary I figure it's worth commenting on.

I was actually considering jumping to Domestications for this category in desperation but then the Snare board lit up with reports that Domestications' Tracking Switch is off!

And of course I'm not going to jump to a merchant that isn't tracking!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

that's probably why they don't perform well. my conversion for slipcovers was good when i was still promoting surefit, they had like 1 buyer for every 50s visitor i sent.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, SureFit had a lot of conversions. They used to do great!

But as their reversal rate rose, and rose, and rose--finally approaching around 50% of non-swatch orders--I found that once all the dust settled and the reversals were accounted for, they ended up not doing much better than HomeVisions.

Therefore I became unimpressed, to put it mildly.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread