Folks,
    i am entertaining the idea of including a PSC (Product Showcase Creator) in my suite of tools for you all to access. i need some indication as to how attractive this feature/functionality would be to you all, i.e., are there folks out there who have not joined my program that would? Are there folks that are joined but not active that would become active? I am trying to weigh the cost/benefit...

Also, keep in mind i am willing to provide a datafeed (csv or txt file) to anyone who wants it via email as often as I update products/pricing at my site. All you have to do is ask...

Thx in advance.

Mark-

Internet Cowboy
    I speak for myself in saying those are a great tool.
    I use them often and wish more merchants had them.
    Scott

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Yes using the PSC will give you much more exposure

Mark,

Hit the polls section and take a poll on advertising needs!

We all love POLLS

but . . . also include a link to a dynamic PSC and put effort into keeping the driving datafeed accurate . . .

What suite of tools? Help a newbie out. What are you talking about?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I love the PSC. It turns the time-consuming process of making product links by hand into a fast and easy job.

Keith, look here Product Showcase Creator. Poke around the site...it's pretty self-explanatory. (And really, really useful!)

Suite of tools: just a phrase i chose to use that represents the links, ads, datafeed, etc that i am able to provide for use within my CJ interface.

Basically, if I offer a PSC, I will be providing another tool for the affiliates in my program.

Mark-

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hi Again Mark,

I know when we talked I was the one that recommended the PSC to you.

But let me say for the record, for any other AMs that read this - we offer this tool to all our affiliates for every one of our programs that has lots of products. We are in the process of adding it to several new programs in July. I would not run a product based program without it.

Linda...yes indeed, thanks for turning me onto it, now i am trying to do my due diligence. One thing i was going to do at the suggestion SandraR was do a Poll...I can't find the polls. Cest la vie.

I have spoken to Akiva about it and it appears to me the most pragmatic choice for Second Act is a dynamic PSC given the frequency with which we change/update our feed. Akiva indicated that some affiliates do not like the dynamic version due to the search engine implications of javascript.

I need a few opinions: is it really that big a deal? It seems to me having the most accurate products/pricing would outweigh the search issue, but that is only one guy's opinion...thoughts?

http and a telephoto
    If the search engines can't spider the page it is useless to me. I would like the static page generator without prices available even if you go with the dynamic. Some folks love the dynamic much more.

And, yes, no matter which you use, the PSC is a tool that will encourage affiliates to put up pages for you
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

quote:
    some affiliates do not like the dynamic version due to the search engine implications of javascript.

doesn't have to be like that. Akiva generated two versions of the dynamic PSC for one site. one version includes commented key words for the search engines. true, it is a static list but good enough for now.

quote:
    Originally posted by Mark-O:
    Folks,
    i am entertaining the idea of including a PSC (Product Showcase Creator) in my suite of tools for you all to access. i need some indication as to how attractive this feature/functionality would be to you all, i.e., are there folks out there who have not joined my program that would? Are there folks that are joined but not active that would become active? I am trying to weigh the cost/benefit...

Also, keep in mind i am willing to provide a datafeed (csv or txt file) to anyone who wants it via email as often as I update products/pricing at my site. All you have to do is ask...

Thx in advance.

Mark-

Go for it, Mark. I'm doing great with that tool.

I love the PSC, it would and does influence me in my choice to join. Anything to make my job easier is a big plus!

Tami

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread