I'm sorry to beat a dead horse.

Has anyone seen an possitive trend since May 1?

I didn't think ours could drop any further. At the rate it's going we will pull the links Aug 1 after 6 years of affiliation.

Nope.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Difference: those nickels and reversals do not show up anymore like before. Both dried up.

Haven't seen any registration for a while now.

I just joined their program and was considering doing something with their upcoming datafeed. I've seen some sites using it already and it seems like a good idea. What do you think?
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

quote:
    Snib originally wrote: What do you think?
    Decorum prevents me from saying what I REALLY THINK in this forum.

I would say wait and see if eBay gets their program cleaned up. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with it!

My Active Registrations are down by over 90% since the first of the year. This is with stable SE listings, and consistent traffic to the site.

I heard the parasites, which eBay has decided to do business with, are targetting the leads, which probably explains a lot.

The bottom line is: eBay is not getting anything new or updated on my sites until they get their together! I recommend you wait and see if they ever decide to be trustworthy again! They know what the issues are, they just need to fix them!

Andy

The datafeed is a great idea. But, what multiple do you need to compete against WhenU and eBay?

It isn't the trafic you send. It isn't your presentation. It's who is going to intercept your work.

Maybe it's just my site. The current design sucks. I had a new one but was so alarmed at the drop in revenue that I changed it back.

Let's see what new T&C we'll see come the 1st.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe you're not offering your visitors the right coupons.

--------------------------
    I've always heard you shouldn't accept wooden nickles ...and that there's a sucker born every second.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not getting any confirmed registrations either... a few $0.00 registrations but nothing ever confirmed anymore...

I'm very happy with eBay now that I have removed its links from my site.

just drop ebay and put your time promote other good merchants

The only reason I have not dropped ebay is my ebay pages do bring in traffic. But, I do not create any new pages for them.

Tami

I'm interested in promoting eBay _Stores_, hoping it will be a different game altogether.

quote:
    kelly626 wrote: Maybe you're not offering your visitors the right coupons.

eBay coupons? Never heard of them.

I have seen WhenU pop up and offer additional savings on an eBay auction, which of course they can't do. I'm wondering how long before eBay and WhenU get slapped for fraud when someone who's promised additional savings realizes they aren't getting it.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    There was an offer extended that I didn't follow up on from ebay
    I have had two registrations from them in the past 10 days.
    Both new registrants got me ZERO commissions.
    The cynic in me is now justifying my why bother attitude.
    Leads can be increased as much as they want, until such time it actually means anything in the bottom line why bother, as the two transactions have confirmed.

Oh I did make a nickel in between those registrations. That won't even cover a cup of coffee for me.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    since I mouthed off, of course the lead amount made it to my account
    Ah what a roller coaster this aff mktg is

That's OK, WW. I had two reversed today (so far) so I'll let you have one of them if it will make you feel better about your first post!

Andy

Hi All, I haven't been too well lately, so knowing that a little retail therapy is a great prescription, I went shopping on Ebay.

Found a little something went to pay for it and was surprised when ZA popped up to warn of a cj link. Can't remember the company on the pop-up, but I typed ebay in the browser, so don't know why a cj link came up.
    I cleaned my cookies out before I went back the next day, and this time ZA blocked another company
    So, does this sound kosher...?

My revenue is down about 90% from eBay. Something very fishy is going on with them.
    If everyone is making less money, where are all these revesals going? The parasites?

I hate going to CJ's homepage and seeing Eva Hung, one of the Ebay affiliate managers, picture and her testimonial. It just reminds me of how unscrupulous some affiliate manangers are,

eBay is by far one of the most dysfunctional merchants I have ever encountered in many years of affiliate marketing. They should be ashamed of themselves. Period!

huhu

My ebay earnings trendline looks like a rock falling off a cliff. It's really quite pathetic. If you're a buyer, ebay is a great place to go. If you're an affiliate, best of luck.

It seems every few months they add another little wrinkle to their affiliate terms that makes my monthly earnings fall a little further. I wonder what their next little enhancement to the affiliate agreement will be.

So far this month, I don't think I've had even ONE registration that didn't get reversed! My SE listings are the same as they've been, my site traffic is the same, nothing has changed except eBay's terms.

I'm an honest affiliate who doesn't try any trickery, and I'm no longer making money with eBay. Yet they have affiliates earning over a million dollars a month! I wonder how? Stealing from everyone else, I guess. Apparently eBay thinks this is an improvement to its program. It doesn't seem like anyone at ABW is doing very well with eBay, if they are they're being very quiet about it.

I think eBay stinks! They're in bed with the parasites, and they don't care if honest affiliates make money with them or not! WhenU promises "additional savings" for clicking on their link, but there are no additional savings to be had on the auction! That's a FRAUDULENT claim! They're promising something that isn't available!! And eBay thinks that's just fine.

EBAY - FIX YOUR PROGRAM! IT STINKS!!

Andy

I would appreciate the following from any affiliates that used to make money with eBay who are suffering now.

1) Did you use indirect traffic such as a popup window that dropped a CJ cookie by forcing a click-through on the pop-up window?

2) What methods did you use for traffic?

a) "Click here for such and such" where the such and such was targetted text related to the subject of your site.

b) Editor kits related to the subject of your site.

c) General banners, text links, and other items provided by eBay.

3) Do you consider your site a content site?

If I go down, I won't go down without a fight. I will start preparing an indebth report that I'm sure someone will be interested in if we don't see major possitive changes by Aug 1.

thx!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread