Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Internet Cowboy
    I woke up this morning to yesterday's stats still in my quick stats area on my home page, (even though it is set for today). Upon running reports I got a "no data" response, so tracking is apparently completely down.
    Hmmmmmmmm.

Edited title from down to delay. - Akiva

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    might not be the tracking, just the reporting... but I sure hope CJ posts something about it in the account manager.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

I think I see the numbers from two days ago. Oh, well . . .

corrected: No, I read it wrong. Can read yesterday OK. Wish I could see today, though.

ABW Ambassador
    Tracking and reporting is down. No "run reports" section is available. Why cj.com gave no warnings on that?

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    On my end it looks like the performance area is not working at all, but I do have 3 sales for today in the transaction area.

First of all, this is an inappropriate and alarmist topic title. Tracking is not down - not even a little.

Performance reporting is 8 hours behind but should get caught up by lunch time PST.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    Alarmist? There is good cause to be alarmed to find that no clicks or sales have been reported over an 8-hour time span.

"Lunch Time" - Oh my G--.

just a quick question Todd.

If your tracking system is so foolproof and never misses a sale or click why the hell do you not get the guys who wrote that script to re-write the script for the rest of CJ?. This way we will never have any down time. We might even start to believe you when you say
    "We are your trusted third party and tracking is not affected"
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Now website performance report is back but shows no clicks for today although some clicks should show up even if I would not have any visitors in that time because I was working on two of my sites and clicked though banner links to some of my merchants for looking if the link works.
    Hopefully this what Todd says will come true.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Hopefully this what Todd says will come true.

Yes, Carneol. Lunch time shall arrive at some point.

Was this problem going on yesterday. My last sale yesterday was at;

21-Jun-2004 12:48 PDT Reported - 21-Jun-2004 13:38 PDT
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Earlier my quick stats showed the stats for the day before yesterday.

And for a time my performance report showed zilch for yesterday. Now you see it, now you don't, now you see it again.

I would expect to see sales, but don't.

If CJ think nothing is wrong and it's just 8 hours behind, then there is plenty to be alarmed about.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >If your tracking system is so foolproof and
    >never misses a sale or click why the hell do
    >you not get the guys who wrote that script to
    >re-write the script for the rest of CJ?

We've been over this before.

The tracking system is relatively simple. It receives a request, deposits a cookie, logs the details, then sends a 302 redirect on to the merchant's site.

The reporting system is whole different box of bananas.

Knee-jerk "the system isn't tracking" posts by affiliates that get maybe one of two hits a day to their site and suddenly see a gap in their reports are statistically pretty much worthless. If you test a qksrv.net link and it takes you through to the merchant's site, then tracking is very much up and running.

ABW Ambassador
    Now everything seems to be ok. clicks are shown and a sale too.

carneol

I might get booed for this..but, I can't help but feel sorry for Todd sometimes.

CJ has the closest thing to live reporting out there and sometimes it will be a tad behind.
    Janet
    I've been a newbie for a year, but now I'm one post closer to becoming a member.

Janet you won't get booed.

I also feel sorry for Todd sometimes.

(At other times I can get quite angry )

Internet Cowboy
    I didn't mean to unleash the dogs. I only saw a problem and posted it in an effort to see if it was just me or not.
    I called CJ and they told me that I was the only one who had reported it and that there were no tracking issues or reporting issues that they knew of, this call was around 9 - 9:30 a.m. EST.
    Janet, you have a point. Todd has a sometimes difficult job dealing with all of the legitimate issues, not to mention the thousands of conspiracy theories flying around here. He seems to do a good job of it and I am sure he is compensated for it.
    I meant not to sound alarmist, only to find out that I was indeed NOT the only one with this issues as I was told by CJ personnel this morning.
    Everything on my end seems to be up and running smoothly now.
    Thanks
    Scott

http and a telephoto
    quote:
    Originally posted by scohaz:
    I didn't mean to unleash the dogs. I only saw a problem and posted it in an effort to see if it was just me or not.

Maybe not using such an inflammatory topic title would help, and maybe some PATIENCE before posting would be nice.

I can't believe how fast people jump on cj and how nasty and rude the posts are.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    I was indeed NOT the only one with this issues as I was told by CJ personnel this morning.

You very well could have been the only one to have bothered calling by that time, though.

Around here, whenever the electricity goes out it seems to stay off until we call the utility. Then it comes on in less than an hour (unless there's been a big storm). That effect always leaves me wondering if nobody else had called and our report is the first clue they had heard of it...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I will say this.

It's possible to feel IMMENSE frustration with CJ.

People who are established and receiving regular checks are more likely to stick up for them, but for the rest of us, believe me, it's one slap in the face after another.

Drewbert,
    quote:
    Knee-jerk "the system isn't tracking" posts by affiliates that get maybe one of two hits a day to their site and suddenly see a gap in their reports are statistically pretty much worthless. If you test a qksrv.net link and it takes you through to the merchant's site, then tracking is very much up and running.

I'm not sure if thats directed toward me or not. Either way, what I saw yesterday was a good start to a morning with 5 sales on just around 130 clicks. Looked like it was going to be a good day. Then nothing on the next 350 - 400 clicks for the rest of the day and evening. Then I come and see there is a problem, which isn't anything new and wanted to get a feel if there was a pattern or not.

A good part of the time CJ isn't aware or at least doesn't acknowledge there is a problem unless a thread is started at ABW. JMO

Loxly,
    quote:
    and maybe some PATIENCE before posting would be nice.

Ummm, what kind of patience before a thread is started about stats not showing and no warning from CJ about it? 1 day, 2 days?

Janet,
    quote:
    I might get booed for this..but, I can't help but feel sorry for Todd sometimes.

Actually most people here like Todd including myself (that should get him to move his chair off my server cable ) and the posts aren't a personal attack against Todd. I don't even know if I have ever seen any directly aimed at Todd personally. We do appreciate him taking the time to chime in every now and then. Again, JMO of course
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

I recommend a softer approach to post titles, like "Reporting Delay?".
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Wow, I got quoted. Too cool.
    Janet
    I've been a newbie for a year, but now I'm one post closer to becoming a member.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    People who are established and receiving regular checks are more likely to stick up for them

Au contraire

I've edited the thread title to "Reporting delay" lest anyone have any panic attacks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast