I have seen pages with nice real-time eBay auction listings on them. Is this possible via our CJ eBay affiliate connection?
    Thanks!

huhu

Are you referring to the eBay editor kit?
    http://pages.ebay.com/api/editorkit.html

Take a look at this free eBay affiliate tool also:

http://www.contextuads.com/ebay

It automatically brings up eBay auctions based on the web page's content.

Dave

It is possible. But, I would not suggest it if you are interested in making money.

Over the last several months eBay commissions keep getting reversed. No one knows where the commisions seem to go.

You will lose money by sending people to eBay. Send them to any other Merchant, a Buck Fifty EPC seems hardly worth losing your traffic.

We have been working very closely with eBay in developing our new affiliate tool. They seem to be very aware of the current situaation with their program and have stressed their intentions in making it more profitable for their affiliates. I think changes are pending in the coming weeks.

quote:
    Originally posted by Keith A:
    It is possible. But, I would not suggest it if you are interested in making money.

Over the last several months eBay commissions keep getting reversed. No one knows where the commisions seem to go.

You will lose money by sending people to eBay. Send them to any other Merchant, a Buck Fifty EPC seems hardly worth losing your traffic.

And for non-US ebay?

Although TBH I have lost the will to live nearly with ebay.

quote:
    I think changes are pending in the coming weeks.
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the reversals continue...

Andy

Would be nice, if it didn't have that link to your site in every ad.

qball,

I understand, but it is free... so we do have to let people know who is providing it at least.

Dave

quote:
    Originally posted by qballĀ©:
    Would be nice, if it didn't have that link to your site in every ad.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >I understand, but it is free

Since when? You take 10% of all impressions yourselves. How does that correlate to "free"?

Or are you one of those Marketing MBA guys?

Drewbert,

This has actually been changed as of today.
    We are trying to get our new technology out there.

We started out taking 10% of the impressions to recoup costs, but have removed that limitation.

It is now 100% Free.

quote:
    Originally posted by Drewbert:
    >I understand, but it is free

Since when? You take 10% of all impressions yourselves. How does that correlate to "free"?

Or are you one of those Marketing MBA guys?

ABW Ambassador
    Why not just release the php code then? No way am I touching anything on another server.

Chez Noir,

We have a lot more features to be released in the coming weeks.

Releasing the PHP code is a possibility, but most affiliates won't know what to do with it, that is why we set it up this way.

quote:
    Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    Why not just release the php code then? No way am I touching anything on another server.

ABW Ambassador
    Considering all the code to work with amazon and other programs released, not used in the ASP model you have setup. I think the evidence is against your idea the affiliates would not know what to do.

I don't imagine you are hand processing each query...

Chet

I don't think beating him up is the right solution.

I know for a fact that he has good inside contacts at eBay and has seen the same kind of suffering that we have.

I consider David an ally in this fight and if you don't like his contectual ads then fine. Don't use it.

ABW Ambassador
    Beating him up?

Do you really want to rely on a third party, processing your information for free, for your income? Sorry I had real world examples of people not doing it this way, who shared their code. After all he isn't charging for it - so i don't see the point.

He interrupted a thread, to push his product, I think it is fair to comment on that product and how it is configured. Especially considering his original errant description of the product as free.

Chet

Thanks for your support, Greg.

Yes, we do have a long-standing relationship with eBay and yes we are currently doing a lot of development under the eBay API developer program and have been consulting with them every step of the way in our development.

Chez Noir, it is important to understand that this application requires membership in eBay's API Developer program in order to access the auction listing information. Therefore, as I said earlier, this is not an application that we can just give out the PHP code and anyone can use. There really is a lot more to it than it appears.

We have licensed our content matching application for a number of other uses, but we chose to make this eBay implementation free to use in an effort to support those eBay affiliates that have experienced declining eBay income.

I understand your concern in relying on a 3rd party server to display your ads, however any affiliate is always free to remove the ads if they are unhappy with the performance. I, however, do not feel that performance will be an issue. We have a number of affiliates using the application already and I have yet to hear any complaints.

eBay Expands Affiliate Program Resources to Enable Web Services Access

quote:
    At its annual Developers Conference in New Orleans, eBay (Nasdaq:EBAY) today announced the addition of an affiliate tier to the eBay Developers Program. Members of eBay's Affiliate Program who sign up for the new affiliate tier will be able to access eBay's powerful application programming interface (API) to increase their annual earnings from the program.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Haiko,

That's right... eBay also announced in their affiliate newsletter today that they are increasing their affiliate commissions by "up to 100%" on July 1. Details to be announced next week.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread