ABW Ambassador
    Yesterday, I got my very first ever commission from KB Toys. Two hundred and forty two pennies! There are many exciting moments in affiliate marketing.

Of course, I was wondering why KB Toys had turned the commission meter on. Usually companies don't turn on the commission meter unless there is something big going down. Sure 'nough. Today, my e-mail tells me that KBToys is moving to LinkShare.

I put KB Toys up before I had a good way of auto deleting merchants from my sites. So while I hunt down the KB Toys links, I need to decide if I should delete or replace them.

Dear KBtoys.com Affiliate Partner,

Exciting news from KBtoys.com! Beginning July 1, 2004, LinkShare is taking over the day-to-day management of our affiliate program. The change will mean a new payment structure, with commissions between 2%-10% and a much wider assortment of ad banners and text links.

About eToys Direct, The Company Behind KBtoys.com

As we mentioned in an earlier e-mail, KBtoys.com separated from KB Toys, Inc. on May 10, 2004. Our new company name is eToys Direct, Inc. Backed by D.E. Shaw Laminar Portfolios, LLC, a specialized investment and technology firm, our management successfully bid for the assets of KB Online Holdings, LLC in bankruptcy court. The purchase price was totally funded with equity, and we have a committed line of credit from Shaw.

New Payment Structure

Our new payment structure rewards you for referring both new and repeat customers. The revenue share deal applies to customers that come to KBtoys.com through a tracked link from your site to ours, as detailed in the LinkShare Affiliate Service Agreement.

Transition to LinkShare

Many of you belong to the LinkShare affiliate program already. If you’re not a member, we urge you to sign up immediately by going to wwww.LinkShare.com.

Simply follow the steps below to activate your LinkShare account and replace your existing KBtoys.com links.

Activate your account right now in 3 easy steps:
    1. Register for your LinkShare account. https://ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/reg/sregister.shtml

2. Accept the terms and conditions presented for the LinkShare Network.

3. On July 1st, go to the "Create Links" section http://www.Linkshare.com/createlinks?oid=3447 for KBtoys.com and grab the new linking code. Simply copy and paste the link code, already embedded with your unique ID, from the text box directly into your website's html page.

Update your links today! KBtoys.com and LinkShare are committed to making your transition as smooth as possible. If you encounter any difficulties or have questions regarding your LinkShare account, please email contact@Linkshare.com or you can also call LinkShare at 1-888-SHARE-89.

Key dates:

· June 30, 2004: KBtoys.com affiliate program ends on Commission Junction.
    · July 1, 2004: KBtoys.com affiliate program launches on LinkShare.
    · July 1, 2004: KBtoys.com banners and text links available on LinkShare.

Final Payment Through Commission Junction

Expect your final payment through LinkShare at the end of July. If you have any questions about your payments through Commission Junction, please login http://members.cj.com/member/foundation/login.jsp and click the contact us link at the upper right side of the page.

Remember, because KBtoys.com and eToys are two separate sites targeting different toy-buying audiences, it benefits your bottom line to feature links and banners promoting both brands on your site.
    Again, thank you. We value your partnership and look forward to a busy, profitable 2004. As always, please feel free to contact us: affiliates@kbtoys.com

See you at LinkShare!

The KBtoys.com Affiliate Team

Andy

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread