Affiliate Manager
    Greetings From 1-800 CONTACTS

On June 1st, 1-800 CONTACTS will roll out a new, aggressive tiered commission structure. With this new change in our commission structure we have also decided to change our cookie duration to 30 days. Both the new commission structure and cookie window change will take place on June 1st, 2004. Here are the details of the new commission structure:

Monthly New Orders Commission Percentage %
    1 ā€“ 10 8%
    11 ā€“ 100 15%
    101 ā€“ 500 20%
    501 + 25%

We also wanted to alert you to changes to our Terms and Conditions that will directly affect the program. In the new terms and conditions we will be specifically addressing the following issues:

-Forcing of clicks (parasites);

-Trademark infringement (bidding on trademarked keywords in search engines);

-Spamming.

(TO VIEW NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS PLEASE CLICK ON THE ATTACHMENT OR CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AND I WILL SEND THEM TO YOU)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: You have until June 30th to accept the new terms and conditions. All publishers who neglect to accept the new T/Cs will be dropped from the program. If you are removed from the program, you are welcome to reapply and accept the new terms.

It is our goal to make this as seamless as possible, we are posting today for two reasons:

1) To let you know beforehand the events about to take place

2) To get some preliminary feedback as to how this information was received by you and how you feel it will be received the vast majority of our publishers.

Specifically, we would like you to answer the following 5 questions:

What specifically did you like or dislike about our new Terms and Conditions?

How do you feel about our new commission structure? Will it work to your advantage?

What recommendations would you make in regards to our T/Cā€™s?

What recommendations would you make in regards to our new commission structure?

What are your general overall feelings towards the new changes to our affiliate program?

We thank you in advance for getting back to us with any thoughts or concerns that you might have.

I will be monitoring this thread over the next few days responding to any questions or feedback that you might have.

We are committed to keeping lines of communication open and available for you when you need us. Please ensure that you stay up-to-date with all of the latest information by providing us with any non-CJ contact info (i.e.: email address and business phone #).

Please contact me directly if you have any specific questions or concerns.

Warm Regards,

Kevan Hancock
    Affiliate Coordinator
    1-800 CONTACTS
    office: 801.326.3011
    affiliates@1800contacts.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Affiliate **Coordinator**

Hey, cool! Someone finally did away with that awful "manager" title that too many places have!!

As for the terms, I'll respond to the email you sent. But I wanted to let you know I like the title.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Manager
    Leader,

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the "coordinator" title. Interestingly enough yesterday I was contemplating changing that. With your recommendation, I'll keep it.

Looking forward to your email. Thanks!

Affiliate Manager
    Sorry, I don't know what happened to the link to our terms and conditions. Here you go...again.

Kevan Hancock

Affiliate Manager
    Sorry for all the trouble any of you may have had accessing the copy of the t/c's. Below are a couple links to allow you to view the new t/c's but also log in and accept them, what a great idea. Here you go:

http://www.1800contacts.com/coInfo/c...ffiliate.shtml (view new changes to the commission structure and the terms of use)

https://members.cj.com/member/publis...te=pending_pub (Login and accept your pending offer in your CJ account)

Remember that you only have *7 DAYS* to accept the new terms and conditions. After the *30th of June* affiliates will be dropped that have neglected to opt into the new program terms. Please don't let this happen to you, think of what a pain it will be to replace any creative you might have on our site.

If you do get "left behind" you of course are welcome to re-apply to the program upon accepting the new terms. If you have any question, please contact me directly.

Affiliate Manager
    BTW- Leader & Trust & others, thanks for the love back on June 11th in the LensQuest reversal thread. That was my birthday so I wasn't staying on my A game and I missed that conversation. Now I expect presents from all of you next year- ha, ha.

Sorry, here is my contact information I promised above (I need to fix my signature obviously):

Kevan Hancock
    khancock@1800contacts.com

Affiliate Manager
    You know it is a sad thread when you have posted 5 times in a row now. "Is there anybody out there.."

ABW Ambassador
    Everybody is still here. Just been my experience that the "bad" things is what draws in the posts. Not too many people on this board will argue with your new commission structure or positive change in the TOS regarding parasites and forced clicks.

So consider the "silence" positive approval of what you are doing!

Affiliate Manager
    Jim,

Good point, I've noticed that too. "No news is good news".

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    "Is there anybody out there.."

The "new posts" feature was busted until around last week sometime, so a lot of threads were being missed.

But we're all still here!

PS Hope you had a good birthday!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread