It's pain in the ass for me to find only a bunch of catalogcity product links turn out to have irrelevant landing pages or "product not found" after only a few weeks they've been put up.

And worse than that, catalogcity product links are more likely to show up when searching for certain products. CJ should have an option on its interface for publishers to opt-out catalogcity products.

They *are* everywhere in the search results, and it *is* a PITA when the products go offline - but CatalogCity are really just a big affiliate site, and they have the same problems of keeping up-to-date as we do.

I find them quite useful for niche products though, and they always pay up.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

CatalogCity has always had this "problem." They are well aware of it, and have done nothing about it. It has been going on for years.

I got tired of checking links weekly to make sure they still worked. CatalogCity is just a middleman - cut them out of the deal and sign up with the merchant directly. You'll get a better commission, and you won't have to check links frequently to make sure they still go to the proper page.

CatalogCity has had plenty of time to get this corrected, but they haven't. That tells me they don't want to correct it. I wonder why...

Andy

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm very selective about the CC products I put on my sites. If I use them it's because I can't find that product anywhere else. There's so much variety within the CC merchants that you can usually find just about anything there.

What really drives me buggy is that CJ has no mechanism for testing a link before downloading it to one's html editor, and sometimes two of a product appear for a merchant! Sometimes one link works, sometimes neither works, but they have to be downloaded in order to be tested. CC seems to have major organization and update problems with their catalog.

quote:
    CatalogCity is just a middleman - cut them out of the deal and sign up with the merchant directly

Andy: The applied to the one CC merchant that we know we could drive sales to, and they rejected us. I sent an e-mail directly to the AM, twice, and never received a reply.

Of course, the last time I did a test on a CC link, it didn't track, so I'm doubly screwed!

I don't like CC and never have. I've all but abandoned the one merchant and that's pretty frustrating.

ABW Ambassador
    Catalog City comes in real handy to sell products from chiseler merchants who offer low cookie durations, including many who offer only a session cookie. (CC is 45 days)

Sure, the 5% is less in many cases, but 5% of something is better than any higher percentage of NOTHING.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread