ABW Ambassador
    I have a question for anyone who promotes Walter Drake. Last week, they changed their links and went under Miles Kimball or something like that. Since then, my links are all updated, yet I have not had a single sale since that time. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

In emailing the AM, she said all links are up and working fine. Is this just some bizarre coincidence or what? I went back thru my April reports and I had at least 5 sales everyday the entire month of April. Now nothing.

Anyone who can provide input, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robin

same problem here,

no notification or solution yet.
    Thanks
    Asif

ABW Ambassador
    Do a test puchase and check to see if there is a CJ tracking pixel on the order confirmation page.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    quote:
    In emailing the AM, she said

There's a new AM - Joel Schunter

I contacted him - but he never responded.

He's getting off to a bad start!

ABW Ambassador
    We got somewhere with the woman who sent that email about the updates from CJ. I have to say, I am impressed with their responsiveness.

Try her.

I remember there being like 2 or maybe even 3 emails in April about this changeover. Hmm...something like banners are okay, but the product links and text links need to be replaced. I'll check my deleted emails area...but i'm sure i remember that.

ABW Ambassador
    I have still had no sales at Walter Drake since this changeover. I was wondering how everyone else is doing. I even made my own purchase which did not show up.

I am curious to know if this is happening with others. As of now, their response hasn't been acceptable.

Thanks,
    Robin

Action Jackson - King of the World
    hmm I had a sale there yesterday but it was through PF

I've only had ONE sale all month.

The AM (Joel) was great - but my site is all products - most of which haven't been updated - so I substituted most out last week.

New datafeed arrived last nite, but haven't had time to check it yet

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    I even made my own purchase which did not show up.

Sounds like their site update included the removal of the Tracking Code! I consider test purchases not showing up to = Busted!

quote:
    3 month EPC $17.96 USD (view trend)
    7 day EPC $4.78 USD (view trend)
    ~Walter Drake Merchant Detail

Check out the HUGE DROPOFF in 7-Day EPCs (click the "view trend" link at CJ) too. Starts dropping off on April 30th and completes the plunge on May 6th. Usually that pattern ends in $0 EPC so the fact that it didn't shows *some* transactions are getting through somehow.

They definitely seem to be having some serious "integration issues!" Or to put it another way, tracking is affected!

Bussteddd...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, we've noticed the dropoff in EPC as well. If we switch to links at Performics, would those track any better? I was doing pretty well there, so I'm wondering what my options are.

Hopefully, they will figure something out, as this is a real bummer, and like Billy Kay, I had 1 sale come through, but again I was used to having a minimum of 5 sales/day. So 1 sale since April 28th is pretty pathetic, not to mention the loss of income.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one affected by this.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I had a sale with WD yesterday through CJ.

My beef with them is that most of my product links for Home Marketplace had to be deep-sixed coz their product catalog hasn't been fully updated.

Forgot to say...

While most of my PRODUCT links just went to their homepage (which of course defeats the purpose of product links)

Once you get to the website, all of the products we feature all say "This item is Backordered" (which is what the customer sees - my guess is it's there, but their still converting everything over)

so I made the decision to swap them out because the customer can't buy anything we feature at this time. no sense sending them there.

They where one of my highest click thrus, however no sales.

This last update from them, I put up product links that had items in stock only, not much to choose from at the time. 2 weeks no sales, traffic comming but no sales. So I made a purchase (don't know if they allow that) and received the commish, but the order is still part on backorder. So I probably won't get paid for 2 more months on that sale.

I'm almost decided to work only with Affiliate programs that offer personal affiliate support with responsive communication. Tried that and then the great people left their company, so you go back to square 1 again.

I took a slightly different approach to WD. After being totally frustrated with not being able to get link codes, I swapped out my WD direct links with WD links through CatalogCity. The commish is much lower, but at least my customers are still able to purchase the products I want to advertise.

Once WD gets their program working again, I will swap out again.
    Arizona Deb
    [URL=http://www.azwoodman.com/]azWoodman.com[/URL]

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Deb, I had considered doing the same thing, but decided my time was better spent working on other projects and waiting for WD/HMP to get their act together. They both have smallish product catalogs which I went through page by page pulling off the products that were intact that I could use on my sites. BTW, I got a WD sale yesterday so at least we know the darn thing isn't broken completely.

Didn't that new AM write something about a compensatory bonus a few weeks back? Did anyone get it?

I've never gotten a response from the new AM at either his *hotmail* address listed on cj nor the HMP internal cj address.

The product catalog for HMP is a mess, the fraction of the number of products they bothered to updated, and my EPC has dropped drastically.

I waited all of May to see if there would be any improvement. I used to get multiple sales daily with HMP, now I see one every few days. Time to dump the links.
    Video Marketing Success eBook -- co-written by webmarm

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    I swapped out my WD direct links with WD links through CatalogCity. The commish is much lower, but at least my customers are still able to purchase the products I want to advertise.

But are they really able? It could be that the Out-of-Stock notice just doesn't come up for Cat's customers, but when Cat. City tries to actually finalize the order with WD, THEY get the OOS notice!

So it may just be switching an on-page OOS notice now, for a reversal due to "can't ship/sold out" later...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

First, they change to MilesKimbal and our links stop working

Then, all our links just go to their homepage

Then they have no datafeed

Then they have a datafeed, but only 10 products

Then they have a datafeed, but everything is on backorder

So, I added a Google Adsense to make money!!!

Then today, I get an email "Save 15% of on orders over $40"

Finally, I can give my customers a reason to click!!!

Log onto CJ to get code - not there!

Looked closer at email. The email was sent to my PERSONAL address from an internal Walter Drake promotion - not one they made available to affiliates.

Can they get any worse!!

I think they forgot they have an affiliate program!

ABW Ambassador
    I used to have a lot of sales/day there. Now, however, my sales have just plummeted. Luckily, not before I got that bonus from their screw up though.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread