quote:
    Subject: Commission rates changed
    Date: 11/26/2001

Dear GoCollect.com publisher,

You are receiving this message because GoCollect.com has changed their commission rates. These changes will go into effect on 12/4/01.

The current commission rates are:

Pay-per-sale: $0 or 15%
    Pay-per-lead: $0

The new commissions rates will be:

Pay-per-sale: $0 or 12.0%
    Pay-per-lead: $0

If you have a custom commission agreement that is different than the network rate, you will not be affected by these changes.
    If you any questions, please contact the advertiser directly.

Best regards,

Client Services
    Commission Junction

That's a 20% reduction in commissions for everyone using them

ABW Ambassador
    When bad news is good news...

I hadn't read my CJ email when I read your post... saw the message header and thought "shooooooot, they've gone under" -- read your message and actually thought "whew, is that all..."

GoCollect is shaping up to be one of my best performers and I now know that I'd rather get 12% than see them go away...

Sorry about frightening you.

Not everyone reads their CJ mail, so I thought I'd post the message here.

ABW Ambassador
    Update ....

Back to 15% [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(effective 12/04)

Dave

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: dhelle ]

Well there you go... I wasn't expecting that!

Maybe they're watching these boards [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by dhelle:
    Update ....
    Back to 15% [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    (effective 12/04)

quote:
    Any increase in rates will become effective immediately.

ABW Ambassador
    This brings up something I've wondered about... why do so many companies do this very thing -- commissions up and down in one day with no change when it's all said and done...

I have to wonder if there is something confusing in the merchant interface when it comes to the commission amounts. I get a handful of these (3-5) almost monthly. What is up with that?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I'd rather see them bounce up and down then just crash... but it is curious...

I wonder if it could be they change the commissions and then a bunch of affiliates clcik the drop button. They might lose some of their big fish and decide it's not worth it.

FWIW- I just dumped my first merchant ever. Whooo Hoooo, dang it felt good tooo. A site I never did nothing with just dropped cookie to 1 day. I would assume they are on their way out. I ususally just remove the links in case a program gets better rather than dumping them.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Working with some of these affiliate enabled e-tailers I can tell you the cause of these commission and cookie day drops. They run their affiliate program and manager salary through their advertising department ..not sales department. When things get tight they all cut back on advertising. Mgmt doesn't recognize the affiliate program as a viable secondary sales channel...just an advertising expense.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread