2 transactions have just been posted after a rather unusual dry day yesterday. Interestingly, one of them has someone's website in the SID column. How could this be ?

ABW Ambassador
    shhh!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Eh, perhaps they copied your site and didn't remove all the tracking links?
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I checked out the site and didn't find anything suspicious. This has happened twice to me in the past also from this X merchant. I believe I got creditted from this X merchant AM's mistake that he might had had put commissions which were supposedly earned by someone else into my account.

ABW Ambassador
    We've known for quite some time now ...Even the Commission Junction tech team has described certain technical problems where transactions/commissions can be mistakenly credited to the wrong (PID) account.

Furthermore, some merchants that have left Commission Junction in the past have described how certain affiliate accounts were getting credited for certain sales they were not responsible for.

quote:
    Even the Commission Junction tech team has described certain technical problems where transactions/commissions can be mistakenly credited to the wrong (PID) account.
    This is completely untrue. Txns are tracked by your PID (Publisher ID) which is tied to your Company ID (CID). Our technology would not allow txns to be incorrectly credited to the wrong PID. You might be referring to a one time incident when duplicate txns were created incorrectly and credited to more than one account. This was quickly identified and resolved and has never occured prior or since.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Interestingly, one of them has someone's website in the SID column. How could this be ?

*bump*

ABW Ambassador
    Well, some publishers have posted e-mails (good memory I suppose) they received from CJ techs ...those e-mails described a situation where the wrong PID accounts can be wrongly credited.

I guess we have to go along with Todd's reassurance that that is not true at all. That, only in the case of a technical foul up where multiple PIDs are credited for the same transactions would this be possible. OK.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread