The new affiliate compensation figures are available on eBay's affiliate discussion board. A minimum of $10 for registrations and 10 cents for bids is the big change. It's nice to finally get some good news from this program.

let's see if they really took away the gotchas

How about if they just pay you when someone bids? That's a novel idea.

It does not matter if it is 10 cents or 10 dollars when all they do is reverse your txns and give them to parasites or back to themselves.

ABW Ambassador
    What way is a good thing to pay the same for all BIDs and for winning BIDs and for BINs, How is this smart?
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

I think eBay should differentiate between bids and Buy It Nows. A Buy It Now ENDS the auction. It's a sure thing, a done deal. A premium should be paid for those bids, because it does close the auction.

I also think a premium should be paid for auctions that are higher dollar, for instance, pay 10 cents for all bids up to $50, and more for bids in the $50-100 range, etc.

My Active Registrations are down over 96% month to date for the same period last year. This is with the same SE listings, and stable traffic to my site. So why am I getting hit so hard? Something is up, something is not right. I still see Registrations showing up, they just all get reversed. I'm not buying it that almost 100% of my registrations aren't valid. It doesn't make sense.

eBay can up the ante on commissions all they want, but a 100% increase of nothing is STILL NOTHING!

I'll see what happens, but I feel like this will just be putting more money in the parasite's pockets, and will do little, if anything, for the honest affiliate who really drives the traffic to eBay.

Andy

I suspect there were significant changes to the internal workings of the program tracking. I say that because I am seeing different data come in via the detailed reporting.

From Oct 2003 to early May 2004, most of my active registrations came across with the item number that the person bid on in the Order ID field.

Since mid-May 2004, most of my active registrations come across with a 0 for the item number bid on in the Order ID field.

That leads me to believe that something has changed with the tracking of data, since it seems unlikely that the bidding population is just doing something differently.

Ralph

Absolutely right Keith A. It makes no difference what this dysfunctional company decides to pay you. They screw you up even when it comes to simple nickel. Once again: Shame on you eBay!

huhu

I'll reserve judgement. While I would like to see a higher commission on BINs compared to bids, I'll be frank in stating that a doubling of rates is something I did not expect at all. As someone who never makes it out of the bottom tier, this effectively doubles my Ebay earnings (assuming that there are not further tracking/reversal changes that further reduce the number of leads/sales). I'll never get rich from Ebay, but going from $150-200/month to $300-400/month is nothing to sneeze at. It's better than nothing...

-Dan
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

quote:
    Originally posted by bombalini:
    The new affiliate compensation figures are available on eBay's affiliate discussion board. A minimum of $10 for registrations and 10 cents for bids is the big change. It's nice to finally get some good news from this program.

it really doesnt; matter. They are going to reverse them anyway. $5x0=$10x0

ABW Ambassador
    Yup, it's a scam. A valid registration through a ebay.com.au link tonight didnt even track. eBay has lost all credibility as far as I am concerned.

hi sammyT, im knew to this - how could you tell the link didn't track?

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread