2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    When eCost.com a computer/electronics distributor started recruiting CJ affiliates in Y2000 it was 3% ..then they dropped to 2%, but only paid me on a rate of 1% for all vsales. Seems the 2% was a special deal rate for producers like me but CJ's S/W calculated at 1% even though my merchant profile for them shows me at 2%. Now they announce a Dec 1st reduction to 1% for all and have a 26% & climbing charge back ratio. Looks like another pure play advertisers in the computer ranks to join PcMall -Dell -IBM -PcConnections -The Outpost and the others as piss poor closers abusing affiliates. Let these guys feel the pain of disgruntle affilates as we begin to root out the whole group as $0.10 cent per CPM advertisers. I noticed another 3000.00 sale yesterday from MacMall/PcMall but all the others were reversed with the normal ..bad CC excuse. I only see consistant results for my homies here from TigerDirect, Overstock and Computergeeks at BeFree in this category. All the others at BF and LS selling computers and electronics aren't worth the effort. Takes 800+ clicks to record one small sale. All system sales since Feb 2001 have been reversed or not shown.

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

Mike,
    Do you know of any other good electronics merchant at CJ? Is Vanns good? They pay i think 3%

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The mix of computer/electronics e-tailers at CJ beyond eCost at CJ are not good performers. Cook Bros. sucks with no sales on 1214 clicks and only Overstock -TigerDirect and ComputerGeeks at BF and 1-800 electronics and Buy.com ( soon to go under) at LS convert. I haven't tried eCost individual product links since most these guys just throw up out of stock/discontinued items. The girl at ssan.com posts individual product links throughout her SE shopping portal so she would know better than me.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread