Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with these auto merchants?

These sites (am not sure if they're from the same company) give $3.00 per lead to affiliates for every new car quote request by a visitor. A few weeks ago I used to get at least 1 lead a day. Then suddenly it stopped, though I get approximately the same number of visitors a day. That's why I dropped them from my site. But I'm planning to put them back on my site. Am thinking maybe it was just a natural thing-that people just suddenly stopped requesting for quotes.

Any comments on these?

Marketphil . . Used to have both of them on my sites. Rotated them around with a couple of others. The others did much better for me so I dropped Autobytel.com and Autoweb.com

Well, I guess you're right, IDoEyes. Better just drop them altogether. I might be better off with other merchants.

I dropped Autobytel last year after a WhenU pop up appeared on my site directly on top of one of my Autobytel ads!

I also sent them a very nasty letter asking how they could justify competing with me on my very own site! Pretty nervy, if you ask me. I never heard anything back from them...

Andy

quote:
    Originally posted by Andy:
    I dropped Autobytel last year after a WhenU pop up appeared on my site directly on top of one of my Autobytel ads!

Andy . . how can you tell when it is a WhenU pop up vs. another "parasiteware" pop up?

quote:
    Andy . . how can you tell when it is a WhenU pop up vs. another "parasiteware" pop up?
    At the time of this incident, WhenU was the only parasitic software application on that particular computer.

You soon learn to identify the various pop ups and can determine which app loaded them.

Andy

quote:
    How can you tell when it is a WhenU pop up vs. another "parasiteware" pop up? Andy: "You soon learn to identify the various pop ups and can determine which app loaded them."

I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to the technical stuff.

Up to this point I have put all my time and focus into building, promoting and monitoring my sites.

Time to broaden my horizons.

IDoEyes,

It seems new ones are popping up all the time. Check out some of the screen shots in the Parasiteware Forums down below. You'll get a good idea of how many of these insects operate.

Andy

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread