LOL-
    So the story is that we got this new affiliate about two weeks ago and he is rockin' BUT we have a problem with one of his orders. When we investigate to fix the problem, we find out that it's fraud. Well, that opens the floodgates for the rest of his orders. (See my post in Fraud). Anyway-I called CJ and asked why they missed this one and what do they "REALLY" do for fraud. He said that CJ scours the sales for fraud and bad refering urls, and relies on the collective(my word) for weeding out thieves.
    So-do I pay money to CJ so that they find the thieves after the fact? How vigiliant are they in fraud prevention? How much do they rely on the collective and not on their own devices? Can anyone shed some more light for me on this subject.

Monstrphil

I'm wondering if the reason they closed the forums was so we could all speak more freely. Whenever theres a technical problem it seems CJ is in here looking for inspiration.

Our trusted third party. Trusted to do *what* exactly?

Haiko? Isn't it time you started charging CJ for access to our expertise?

f

Francis,

Phil is a genuine and HONEST affiliate manager .... I would help him any way I can anyday! He was the one who sent a mail to his affiliates for them to come to abw ... he didn't do it for any other reason than to help them [affiliates] to learn and earn more. I was pleasantly surprised! he has my

I might, however, "lock out" some of the forums to non-members [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    But CJ already has people who are members of ABW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

There's David Elam and it's rumored that Lex is a member, too...

(Edited to clarify)

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    Phil,

Other than bogus credit cards, is their a way to commit fraud with sales commissions? All your stuff is based on sales. I could understand fraud being committed with leads, but I don't understand how it happens with sales(?) - any hoo - I would communicate with them, hear 'em out. If they are willing to do right I might give 'em a second chance, especially if some of their sales have been good ones. They might be desperate, and trying to inflate things, but would probably change if they had an alternative - IMHO.

And yes, hats off to Phil. Your a gudd 'un (Alabamian for "your an allright guy Phil")

Big chuck-I would of contacted them if they had contact info on their website. The webshop is set up in Mumbai, but I did get a local number on them from a trusted source. I am calling them today.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread