Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    http://techpreview.search.msn.com/re...als&FORM=SMCRT

Time to complain to Mr. Kotowski. The more emails the better

google just loves to hand out nice page rank for these types of sites, while my site supercrank.com went from pr4 to pr1.

thank you google.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Look at this friggin sleezebag affiliates site. Doorway page heaven for you piss ant merchants like Zappos willing to let anyone into your program willing to spam the SE's with hundreds of doorway pages and blind cookie setting redirects. Friggin PR of 5 and not one word of presell text or choices for shoppers. Link farm city.

http://www.stsyemen.com/

Domain Name: stsyemen.com
    Registrar: NameSystem

Creation Date: 2004-02-06 14:04:13
    Expiration Date: 2005-02-06 14:04:13

registrant contact data
    Jim Retner
    Jim Retner
    200 Bicentennial Cir
    Sacramento, CA,
    US
    Phone: 1.7522551287
    EmailAddress: jr1402@bigfoot.com

admin contact data
    Jim Retner
    Jim Retner
    200 Bicentennial Cir
    Sacramento, CA,
    US

tech contact data
    Jim Retner
    Jim Retner
    200 Bicentennial Cir
    Sacramento, CA,
    US

billing contact data
    Jim Retner
    Jim Retner
    200 Bicentennial Cir
    Sacramento, CA,
    US

Nameservers:

ns27.1and1.com
    ns28.1and1.com
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

nice, I click on their back links and google says they have 8-10, meanwhile google can't even find one for me and I have my links on sites with pr's of 4 - 5.

Because somebody has a better site than you, you post their information? You should be ashamed.

Mike/Charlie... we (affiliates) work for MERCHANTS, NOT consumers. Merchants want people to come to their site and buy stuff. Affiliates bring them buyers. It is really quite a simple formula. You are missing the point entirely.

I am sure that Zappos is very pleased that there are 10 sites in top positions in the search engines promoting their stuff. I know I would be if I were Mr. Zappos. I am not sure, however, if Zappos likes that auto-redirect thing. That is not a very wise technique, regardless. The search engines hate it and that site will not be ranked very long.

ABW Ambassador
    Witness. Did you see a site there?

If I did what they are doing, I would certainly expect to be "tarred and feathered" by an affiliate mob, banned by the SE's, and dropped by the merchant as well.

"Because somebody has a better site than you, you post their information? You should be ashamed."

!?!?!?

Mike has a SITE, and he makes a genuine effort to APPEASE rather than to DECEIVE the consumer.

Also he makes no effort to cheat merchants and other affiliates with sleazebag SERP-Hogging and blind cookie setting techniques.

ABW Ambassador
    "The search engines hate it and that site will not be ranked very long."

I don't know, it's a preview of the upcoming MSN, theres stuff like that everywhere. Worst results i've ever seen from an SE. Hopefully they get rid of all the crap i'm seeing. I figured with all the money Bill had, he would hire some decent help.

quote:
    Originally posted by Witness:
    Because somebody has a better site than you, you post their information? You should be ashamed.

Like Chief Bobbit said - there is no site. Some of those "keywords" are for products that don't even exist, brands that don't do kids sandals.

Those listings are just complete crap that play the system as it is currently, the sooner those kinds of listings are gone the better.

ABW Ambassador
    How can you accuse someone of spamming a search engine that has not even been released yet? This is absurd. Oh those poor consumers! Ha ha.

, like Ecomcity.com is a Gem of the Internet.
    SPAM = Some People Always Moan

15 years and counting
    quote:
    Witness - Because somebody has a better site than you, you post their information? You should be ashamed.

Witness, what are you talking about?
    If somebody have to be ashamed it's you and Zappos.

I understand Chief_Bobbit and EcomCity.com and I agree with them.

PS: Witness, you are missing the point entirely. If you are behind these kind of web sites http://www.stsyemen.com/ what are you doing here?

To Zeus:

Whats wrong with those sites? They do what any affiliate site is supposed to do - connect consumers and merchants. And they do it well, because of variety keyword combinations, etc.
    Or your point is that every consumer should look at some lame html page first with product image/link taken from some datafeed? Where is a value in that?

Well its nice to finally place an ABW name next to the engine SPAMMERS>>>>>>>>>

Not to worry its a bad day when your a spammer and caught!

Shame on you:
    Witness
    cjmaster
    jikmbo2002 - what the heck kind of comment is that?????

Not trying to be contentious here. I don't like to see that kind of site dominating any Search Engine rankings.

Why don't SEs do their job properly and filter out that stuff?

Anyone can publish anything they like (so long as it isn't illegal).

The Search Engines are responsible for the results they display.

100%.

15 years and counting
    quote:
    cjmaster - To Zeus:
    Whats wrong with those sites? They do what any affiliate site is supposed to do - connect consumers and merchants. And they do it well, because of variety keyword combinations,

Once again, if you think http://www.stsyemen.com/ is about affiliate marketing, YOU'RE WRONG

It's just SPAM

15 years and counting
    quote:
    Radegast - Anyone can publish anything they like (so long as it isn't illegal).

As long as you don't consider it as a model for affiliate marketing.

quote:
    Radegast - Why don't SEs do their job properly and filter out that stuff?

Why don't we do our job and filter out that stuff

ABW Ambassador
    The site IS complete crap and provides no value to anyone IMO. Flooding SE's with junk like this and misleading of consumers by affiliates is why affiliate sites are already targeted by the SE's and why I think it will only get worse in the future. Why merchants approve sites like this is beyond me.

Fighting the MANY slimeballs out there taking advantage of consumers and merchants while causing headaches for the SE's is why traditional affiliate models have serious issues going forward.

Things will change in the future and it will be better for some of us!

It ain't my job to watch MSN's back. They're big enough and ugly enough to look out for themselves

15 years and counting
    If you're an affiliate, it's your job to watch what's going on with your merchants and your (competition).
    Did you get the last emails from Zappos? I don't think so. You'll know better why Chief_Bobbit said it's time to complain to Mr. Kotowski.

The question is does Zappos (and other merchants and networks) going to continue to allow this behaviour from this affiliate?

Merchants and Network need to stop this kind of stuff and give all affiliate an ultimate TOS for all to follow and abide by the rules and no toleration (but of course I am dreaming as always right!?).

Keep shutting their eyes and let this go on is going to bite alot of peoples a$$ in the long run and it ain't gonna be mine (I will bite back! lol...).

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    Those sites are consumer spamming and can cause that consumers don't buy at zappos.com.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    If you're an affiliate, it's your job to watch what's going on with your merchants and your (competition).

I agree you can't keep your head in the sand but the fact is that pretty much all you can do is "watch whats going on". You have no control over who merchants partner with (parasitic or not) and many merchants auto approve everyone which is something affiliates should consider carefully when they choose who to do business with.

Ultimately watching other affiliates manipulate the system, eat our cookies and steal our visitors away from us "most often using our own work as a basis for being able to compete against us" causes nothing but stress and frustration! I'm feeling much better these days myself

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Search Engine operators get very upset when they are served up different content to what a "normal" user sees.

This is a textbook case of SE spamming via javascript redirect of non-SE traffic.

Those of you defending it need to do some soul-searching.

Google deletes these sorts of sites out of it's index.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Witness, the catch is to go to that site from the SE link that was provided--NOT from Mike's link to their front page.

The SE link goes to a redirect. Only a split-second flash gives away that it's not going directly to Zappos. That's why you're seeing people say, "there is no site."

~~~~~~~~

That said, SPAM = Search Positions Above Mine.

IMO the Competition (that is, all those people complaining) is only looking out for a cheap way to remove a site from being above theirs. Of course they want everyone to do things the way they do--that way no one would get an ADVANTAGE over them!

But business is ALL ABOUT getting the advantage. That guy *has* the advantage, at least in msn's BETA VERSION and now the competition is trying to get it.

BTW, NO it's not my site either. That (^*&^ is way too easy to ban. Is it still showing in any engine that consumers actually see?!

quote:
    How can you accuse someone of spamming a search engine that has not even been released yet? This is absurd. Oh those poor consumers! Ha ha. ~Jimbo2002

I'll ditto that! If MSN thought they were ready for prime time, they wouldn't be bothering with a "pre-release" version. How's this site doing in the SEs that COUNT?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    most often using our own work as a basis for being able to compete against us

Yeah, those SE results scraper pages aren't high on my list of faves either.

Although sometimes those people make their pages badly enough that they end up sending me significant traffic that I ordinarily wouldn't have had (instead of getting their visitors to go through the link the scraper-dudes *want* them to click)!

Then they're suddenly okay
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast