Im from Germany and I´m just starting with e-commerce. My test-sites give me the following information:

There are 17 % (visits 3500) denying cookies.

What happens with this traffic?
    Will this traffic tracked by CJ?

BTW: Your site is great. This forum is the optimal control for us about fraudulent merchandizer.

hi Professorix

unfortunately cookies are required for any tracking to take place but are also required for a sale to take place since most shopping carts use them

you could try telling your visitors that they will not be able to make a purchase without cookies enabled, if you do it would be a good idea to include a link to a page that tells them how to do that

Curiuous.

I think i can´t tell my customers:

Enable Your Cookies!

Customer is King!

I´m just promoting my sites only in germany. Next step is international. That´s the reason I ask here.

Is this only a german problem with this high number of disabled cookies?

of course you can!

Customer is King only if their cookies are enabled otherwise they are worthless non-customers

if you dont tell them they will think that its your fault that shopping carts dont work

But if the customer disabled the cookies, it was a decision from themselfes, so I don´t think he buys at a merchandizer with cookie. He looks easyly to next merchandizer.
    If something me disturbs at an online merchandizer, I go for myself
    to next one.

At my knowledge there are other possibilies for tracking. If the affiliate provider determines that the cookies are disabled, he has to use another tracking procedure.
    Do all affiliate programs operate with Cookies?

Professorix,

Welcome!

quote:
    What happens with this traffic? Will this traffic tracked by CJ?

It becomes free traffic because CJ can not track without the cookie.

quote:
    Do all affiliate programs operate with Cookies?

I think all do!

Haiko

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

Looking at your homepage traffic reports: How much % of your traffic is with disabled cookies?

For me this means that I loose 17% of my theoretical income?

quote:
    It becomes free traffic because CJ can not track without the cookie.

This I don´t understand.

If s.o. visits a site by a direct link on my homepage, these links will be tracked, or?
    It is clear that an revisit without my direct link can´t tracked for me.

>If s.o. visits a site by a direct link on my homepage, these links will be tracked, or?
    Wenn Dein Besucher sofort etwas kauft oder einen Lead generiert, dann solltest Du *rein theoretisch* verdienen. Auch ohne Cookie. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Quiet777

You should force them to enable cookies by using a popup (with cookie) and tell them if they have cookies enabled, they won't get the popup for x amount of days.

I'm using this method on my ghostie site. I've set the cookie duration to 14 days so they don't get too upset seeing it too often [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If you want the code, it's HERE.

Enjoy anoying them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This is probably the wrong thread for this but here goes.

I have just noticed 4 of my merchants are now saying they have a 0 day cookie (yes ZERO) Does this mean that they cannot track sales?

BTW. I am sure they used to have a one day cookie and I never got any info from them or from CJ about this reduction.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Zero return cookie days means that the merchant doesn't track subsequent visits to his site by the visitor you sent his way. If the visitor doesn't buy on the first click through you get no credit for a sale until they return to your site and reclick a text link or banner. Basically it screws you out of repeat business and if the merchant can't close them with a great price or good landing page full of enticing offers your making squatt.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread