FYI I signed up just too see the ads and links for the Republican National Committee, Signed up with them less then 48 hours ago and just got this.

Dear xxx,

We regret to inform you that the Commission Junction advertiser Republican National Committee has chosen to expire its affiliation with you effective 16-Jul-2004.

If you would like to locate another advertiser in the network to partner with, login to your Account Manager (http://www.cj.com/login.jsp) and visit the Get Links tab.

Best Regards,

Client Services
    Commission Junction

If I were you I would stay away from them and do not sign up with them! Luckily I didn't put any links up yet.

Republican National Committee can my I get thousands of dollars in sales,leads Anyway just giving you all the information!

Edited: Actually Just got this:

The Republican National Comittee has cancelled the Commission Junction Affiliate Program.

Very Interesting indeed!

ABW Ambassador
    Major Bummer!! Just when I had all Haliburton's execs lined up to click on my links!

Wayne

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I read on a blog that initially the RNC was auto-approving applicants, but they've now changed to manual approvals. Perhaps they're also weeding through those who were auto-approved and terminating the undesirables.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe there were some ethical issues. Knowing that 30% of a donation was going to someone else, would probably piss me off. You never know what kind of complaints that would get.

Funny as hell!!!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Could CJ being bent towards the liberal Berkley view of the world have something to do with it. I don't push any lead merchants and haven't for 7 years, so it's no big thing if they keep their image and PR clean, to exit CJ abruptly. Smart move not getting their name attached to the e-mail and SE spammers, cookie stuffing tricksters and the BHO crowd of sleezebag affiates who hangout at CJ. I imagine they were amazed to see imaginary RNC coupons in the SERPs claiming 10% off your next donation...

Damn Jason. If your going to be a real affiliate force, why spend any time this weekend on pushing turds out the sewer pipe with some of the tricks you picked up from ABWers. The only merchant in your arsenal who can convert 1/20 without anything more then some pre-sell spin ...a few banners and text links gets completely ignored.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Are they really gone? They are still on CJ.

Jason, maybe they are just dropping some affiliates? Are you sure it said they were cancelling the whole program?

But I do agree, for many, donating to a campaign is like donating to a charity, you know someone has to be paid to process it etc, but you hate thinking that all of your money doesn't go for the cause.

The non-profit I used to work for used in programs 91% of all money donated, it wasn't until later that I realized how amazingly high that was. Many use less than 50%, some less than 20%.

Chet

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    At the Detroit Symphony, the Symph. hired a telemarketing firm to handle soliciting most of the donations and it used to work like this (and I doubt they'd have changed it):

The telemarketing company would promise to generate $X/year for the Symphony. Once that $X was obtained, ALL of the rest of the money that year went right to the solicitors!

They usually hit the $X within the first THREE MONTHS! So if you donate to them after March, someone will thank you--for their Hawaiian cruise!

I doubt the Symphony had any idea just how fast the money really came in, but you never know...

My mother w*rked at that company for part of a season and was quite shocked and dismayed to learn THAT! She was out of that place fairly quickly.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, unfortunately it is a known fact that a ton of money raised for charity goes to administrative costs, but to know off the bat that we'd be taking 30% of that, not to mention what the real expense to the RNC would be after other costs is just hard to imagine.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I don't think that polical campaigns are charities. I don't think you could deduct it from your taxes. Of course, I could be wrong.

Mike

Chet, From my cj mail:

subject: Affiliate Program Cancelled

Message Body

Hello,

The Republican National Comittee has cancelled the Commission Junction Affiliate Program.

Please remove all Commission Junction links.

Affiliates have been given a 7-day expire notice today, but your cooperation is greatly appreciated in taking down all RNC links at your earliest convenience.

Thank You,
    RNC Affiliate Program Manager

quote:
    Originally posted by jasonco12:
    Edited: Actually Just got this:

Very Interesting indeed!

Still seem to be there, what are you talking about Jason? Edit: On second thought, yes they did cancel the program, must've been some anamoly in the campaign finance laws or something.

ShoreMark- Got it from the Cj mail section of Cj saying there canceling there affiliate program. Hey I'm just the messenger, Don't shoot the Messenger. LOL

I got the Affiliation Terminated email but not the program cancelled one.

They are still on the list of new advertisers and not on my list of deactivated advertisers.

I don't think they know what they are doing.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

quote:
    Originally posted by jasonco12:
    ShoreMark- Got it from the Cj mail section of Cj saying there canceling there affiliate program. Hey I'm just the messenger, Don't shoot the Messenger. LOL

LOL, no intent to shoot! My "what are talking about" was merely a "sheesh, this can't be right in only 2 days" I figured they'd bail out on Halloween As my edit indicated, yes I got the same two messages

quote:
    Originally posted by missdonna:
    I got the Affiliation Terminated email but not the program cancelled one.

They are still on the list of new advertisers and not on my list of deactivated advertisers.

I don't think they know what they are doing.

Hmm, a DNC hack into CJ?

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread