Correction Amount $0.00 USD
    Correction Commission ($0.05) USD
    Type Sale
    Advertiser eBay
    Action Name Bid
    Link 9254938
    Web site gamegoodies

How in the heck can you return a bid?

There is a lot of talk concerning the bull nonsense your company is accomplishing concerning reversals.

I want an explanation, this is not only crazy but you have now hit the side of illegal.

Your company is large enough to make an ass out of in the News for THEFT of a DAMN NICKLE!

wow How can you return a Bid??? Thats pure BS. I"m replacing Ebays links, I'v had it.. Haven't had one lead from Ebay since I put the pages up months ago!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Unbelievable. Two things amaze me.

First, I wonder how much it cost them to track and report that reversal. Five cents, maybe? More?

Second, (I'm not an ebay publisher) isn't the agreement that they will pay for bids? What does that have to do with whether the merchandise was returned?

(Yet another "loophole" merchant.)

ABW Ambassador
    Returned merchandise is their generic reversal description. It always has been. It can be used for other sources reversing etc. This has been gone over to death, there is nothing new here.

Chet

Actually I am sick of it and I am going to let any news media reporter willing to listen as to how eBay is so desperate (undisclosed reason) that they need to steal nickels from there sales force.

They may be too large to sue, but they cannot keep the media quite.

THE FIGHT IS ON - UNTIL I SEE THIS SHIT on CNN Business I will not stop.

I hope eBay enjoys my nickel.

ABW Ambassador
    They just doubled their payout:

Now earn more with the eBay Affiliate Program as we launch our most aggressive commission structure to date! On July 1st, eBay affiliates will earn up to 100% greater commissions for ACRUs, Bids, and Buy-it-Nows. Affiliates now earn $10.00 - $20.00 for each new user sent to eBay and $0.10 - $0.25 for each Bid and Buy-it-Now.

New ACRU
    1-249 $10.00
    250-499 $13.00
    500-999 $16.00
    1,000-1,999 $17.00
    2,000-4,999 $18.00
    5,000-9,999 $19.00
    10,000+ $20.00

New Bid & BIN*
    1-999 $0.10
    1,000-4,999 $0.12
    5,000-19,999 $0.15
    20,000-49,999 $0.18
    50,000-99,999 $0.20
    100,000-199,999 $0.23
    200,000-499,999 $0.24
    500,000+ $0.25

Actually bids do get retracted, either by the bidder himself, or by ebay when the bidder becomes unregistered for some reason. I wouldn't mind seeing ebay take a hit, as I do think they are getting too big for their britches. However, from what I've seen in the past, bad press, etc. just seems to bounce off of them. Not sure why but I do think it's time they are held accountable for many of their actions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    This kind of stuff is to be expected from CHEAPSKATE merchants!

Any place that'd stoop to having commissions of a nickel or a dime obviously would rather not pay at all!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

As you may know from eBay’s monthly newsletters (sent the last Wednesday of every month) and/or email communications from Commission Junction, eBay began correcting transactions this past February to prevent crediting multiple affiliates for the same registration, active registration, bid or BIN transaction.

This correction process is basically a daily “wash” of all affiliate transactions. The wash may result in a portion of each day's transactions reversed a few days after the transaction posts - once we have had an opportunity to compare the transactions of each of our channels to ensure that the appropriate partner receives credit. Please note that currently these reversed transactions are noted in your Commission Junction account as “Returned Merchandise”.

eBay and CJ are working hard to shorten any time difference between when transactions post and potential reversals. Additionally we are working to provide a more accurate label for these reversals to avoid the confusion mentioned on this post.

Thank you,
    The eBay Affiliate Team
    http://affiliates.ebay.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    As Chet says has been gone over to death.

You might want to check your OrderID #'s and make sure that it really WAS a bid they were supposed to pay you on and not just a reversal because the same ebay user bid on more than one time without coming back through your link again as per Ebay's TOS.

Affiliate centric TOS? I don't think so, but then you agreed to them when you joined their program.

quote:
    Originally posted by eBay Affiliate Team:
    As you may know from eBay’s monthly newsletters (sent the last Wednesday of every month) and/or email communications from Commission Junction, eBay began correcting transactions this past February to prevent crediting multiple affiliates for the same registration, active registration, bid or BIN transaction.

Can anyone find this anywhere else besides the monthly newsletters? I cannot find it documented on CJ's or eBay's site. If you aren't disclosing it on CJ then you are tricking new affiliates.

You've also been asked about it on your own forums but haven't answered.

quote:

This correction process is basically a daily “wash” of all affiliate transactions.

Which simply means that you don't pay for leads. I do the work. I send the trafic and there is a signifigant chance that eBay will compete with me before I can get credit for it.

$0 is what new leads are worth to eBay if they can delay a registration confirmation long enough to compete against me to get it reversed.

quote:

eBay and CJ are working hard to shorten any time difference between when transactions post and potential reversals. Additionally we are working to provide a more accurate label for these reversals to avoid the confusion mentioned on this post.

And now that you allow incentive parasites, there's a much lower chance of getting paid for our work.

Remember this folks:

1) eBay will pay you nothing for about 40% of your registrations.
    2) eBay will pay WhenU for a lot of your clicks instead of you.
    3) eBay will compete with you to take away about 10% of your gross earnings through reverals.

Who can do the math? If parasites are only taking away 25% of your earnings then we're looking at around 40% conversion for leads that you bring eBay.

I think 25 is too high an estimate watch my next thread for details.

quote:
    Originally posted by eBay Affiliate Team:
    once we have had an opportunity to compare the transactions of each of our channels to ensure that the appropriate partner receives credit.

Let me get this straight ebay Team!

Some one visits my site gamegoodies clicks on your link and then bids on a game.

Ebay then,

Credits my bid to some imaginary person or company?

Because WHY again?

Are you drinking?

Or Do I need to start drinking to make sense of that paragraph?

I am still sticking with this is BULLSHIT!

This is not over I have been making the appointments since I viewed the loss of 5 cents for ebay’s LIE.

quote:
    eBay Affiliate Team wrote:
    The wash may result in a portion of each day's transactions reversed a few days after the transaction posts - once we have had an opportunity to compare the transactions of each of our channels to ensure that the appropriate partner receives credit.
    The appropriate partner?

Don't you mean the incentive sites that pop up promising additional savings when there are none?

That same incentive partner who is raking in commissions that should go to other affiliates?

You must remember who the "other" affiliates are: they're the ones who USED to make money driving traffic to eBay.

My ACRUs are down 99% over a year ago, this is with the same SE listings and site traffic. Care to explain how 99% of my registrations belong to someone else? Oh, and this just started about the time you changed your policies and allowed incentive sites in.

Thanks for nothing, eBay. YOUR PROGRAM STINKS! 100% increase of nothing is NOTHING. FIX YOUR PROGRAM!! Quit cheating your HONEST affiliates!!!

Andy

"My ACRUs are down _99%_ over a year ago, this is with the same SE listings and site traffic. _Care to explain how 99% of my registrations belong to someone else?"

Andy, I honestly don't think they know. I think they rely on CJ to tell them what's happening and CJ told me that it's because I have a content site. The guy that said that won't return my e-mails.

I would love for you to compare your clicks in performance reports compared to June of last year and post results on the thread I started.

Click trends should not decay the way eBay's has year over year.

The most frustrating thing for me is I don't have a feeling as to if eBay is aware of problems and not telling us or if eBay doesn't think there are any problems because CJ is not telling them.

I used to be a top 5 affiliate. I wonder where the money went.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >Let me get this straight ebay Team!

>Some one visits my site gamegoodies clicks on
    >your link and then bids on a game.

>Ebay then,

>Credits my bid to some imaginary person or
    >company?

>Because WHY again?

Nope. Wrong example. What they're talking about it the situation where:

1. Surfer clicks through from your website, get's cookied at qksrv.net and mediaplex but DOESN'T place a bid.

2. Some time later, before your cookie expires, surfer goes to a different page on eBay via one of their Google adverts, get's cookied at mediaplex, and places a bid. eBay's system incorrectly tells CJ that your cookie was responsible for the bid. Bid transaction recorded.

3. During the batch check, eBay sees that the mediaplex cookie doesn't match the CJ one, and sends through a reversal transaction to correct the error.

That's how I understand what's going on.

I could be wrong, of course.

Maybe ebay needs to pay the lawyers for all of their BS trademark infringement lawsuits.

http and a telephoto
    I *watched* someone go through my link to ebay, create an account, bid on an item and later they told me they won the auction and I NEVER SAW A commission.

So I pulled my links.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

quote:
    Originally posted by Drewbert:
    1. Surfer clicks through from your website, get's cookied at qksrv.net and mediaplex but DOESN'T place a bid.

2. Some time later, before your cookie expires, surfer goes to a different page on eBay via one of their Google adverts, get's cookied at mediaplex, and places a bid. eBay's system incorrectly tells CJ that your cookie was responsible for the bid. Bid transaction recorded.

3. During the batch check, eBay sees that the mediaplex cookie doesn't match the CJ one, and sends through a reversal transaction to correct the error.

If this is the case I will tone it down, it would be nice to hear an EXACT explanation for once, and not some bull hockey BULLSHIT explanation.

quote:
    Originally posted by Drewbert:
    Nope. Wrong example. What they're talking about it the situation where:

I could be wrong, of course.

You're not technically wrong but remember, a new user CANNOT register and bid at the same time.

Therefore, if someone registers through your site and continues to surf before they can confirm, you loose the registration, the ACRU and the bid.

eBay has the system setup to cause this delay and why wouldn't they give credit to the site that INTRODUCES the user to eBay?

What you are seeing is the last person gets the credit for all the work. I really don't have a problem with loosing a bid but it sickens me to do send all that trafic to them to not get any credit for the work.

quote:
    If this is the case I will tone it down, it would be nice to hear an EXACT explanation for once, and not some bull hockey BULLSHIT explanation.

Honestly, I don't think they know.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    This gets back to having a too complicated affiliate program. I will reiterate my posts from other threads when I say this, but I feel that the more complicated a merchant makes it, the less likely I am to get paid for my work, the less I am willing to spend promoting them.

eBay needs to simplify their program! Boot all of the accountants out of the room, and redesign the freaking program.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I dumped ebaY LONG LONG ago when this first started happening. When I first started running them on a private offer PRE CJ, I made enough from them alone to take my family on a first class trip to Disney for a week. The last year I ran them at CJ, I barely made enough to fill my car with gas. It wasn't looking good then.

ABW Ambassador
    Seriously, this has been gone over to death...

Sandra, did you place this bid yourself? Did you watch somebody with your own eyes follow your link and place a bid and not have it tracked? If so, then you can be concerned.

Here's another example that may be a little more clear/simple:

Someone follows your link, adds an item to their watch list. Follows a link on someone else's site, or an adwords ad, and places the bid. All parties get the initial credit, but they reverse all but the last one.

It's one of the worst flaws in an affiliate program I've ever seen & eBay refuses to do anything about it. That's where they're wrong, but nowhere do I see, based on the info provided in most of the complaints, that they're doing anything illegal.

It also doesn't do any good, unless you're trying to frustrate yourself, to compare your stats to a year ago, because at that time, they were paying for all (duplicate) transactions.

Perform a test yourself. Physically watch someone add an item to their watchlist. Then have them place several bids, each time following your link & going through their watchlist to get to the item. From what I've seen, they've all tracked.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

ABW Ambassador
    They sent out emails detailing this when the change happened, so it is not like ebay has hidden this what was happening, you either have to accept it or drop them.

Chet

quote:
    Celicaphile wrote:
    Perform a test yourself. Physically watch someone add an item to their watchlist. Then have them place several bids, each time following your link & going through their watchlist to get to the item. From what I've seen, they've all tracked.
    Sorry, but they don't all track. I've placed several bids in a controlled environment (fresh start up, empty cookies file, no parasites, etc.) and none of them tracked. This occurred over a month long period.

Yes, I reported it to CJ and to eBay. Yes, I won most of the auctions and provided the exact times the bids were placed, etc., and they still couldn't find them! None of them have ever been credited to me. And these are only the ones I know about, how many others go missing???

EBAY IS NOT TRACKING ALL THE TIME!! THERE IS A PROBLEM!!!

Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast