It seems that the partnership between CJ and Krupps is over. That leaves me with a bunch of dead links. I never read anything about this. Did anyone get notified about CJ dropping Krupps.com or vice versa???

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Nope. Haven't heard a peep from either one.

Maybe they'll turn up on another network, or go indie.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Oh sh*t.

Sheesh, Google's going to think I'm going out of business myself with the huge amount of 404s that'll be coming up from my sites. First Kitchen Etc's huge datafeed section disappeared, now Krupps...

I'll leave those links up for a while just in case they come back. And to space out having so darned many 404s in the index at the same time.

On a brighter note, I just noticed on my Deactivated Advertisers screen that a (different) place that had the nerve to decline me is now deactivated! Heheheh...seems that "Leader's Jinx" still works
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Krupps told me almost a year ago that they are leaving CJ. They are sick and tired of all the CJ bullroar and have been for a long time. I have been waiting for this axe to fall. I think they are going to have another program. At least I HOPE so.

They were the last CJ merchant I cared a dang about.

Has anyone contacted them yet?

Ideas for replacements?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Ssanf I haven't seen anyone who compares to Krupp's in terms of quantity and quality of products.

As a gardener, their product catalog has always made me a bit weak-kneed and swoony.

Let's hope they land somewhere else.

Well, they don't open until 10AM EST. I will call them then.

I don't know how much everyone here has sold for them but among us all I am sure it added up.

If anyone talks to them, if they seem at all on the fence, PLEASE, point them to SAS unless they are going in-house.

This has been a long time coming, so I really don't think they will return to CJ, unless CJ does a fast turn around on something or other. I don't know what the issues are but they had some, I know.

This can be a good thing. Dang CJ chased off Azuregreen, too. Of course, I am still selling Azuregreen products but now I get 5% more than I got through the CJ program.

From the scuttlebutt I have read and heard, I think CJ has the merchants as ticked off at them as the affiliates! They REALLY need to get their sh*t together.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Leader, see your PMs, please.

Animal Lover
    O no...that's bad news...when will they close? I haven't heard at all - no email, no nothing...

I'm with you on this one Leader...

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Your links are dead NOW!

The AM is out of town until Thursday!

You don't ususally get any advanced notice when you are going to be fired, either.

Good riddance.

Yes, great quantity and quality, but for the last year they have essentially abandoned their cj program. No answering emails, removing the categorization of their datafeed, etc...

I won't be adding them back even if they go indie. Anyone who can't bother to answer emails (both via cj and via their own system) from active affiliates who have promoted them for years just isn't the kind of merchant I want to continue to work with.

I used to make sales with them, had already removed a chunk of pages due to the changes, have only a few more links to kill by now.

Depends on what you were selling with them, but even at cj a lot of substitutes can be found. Not quite the selection, not quite the quality, but something to keep the 404's full.
    Video Marketing Success eBook -- co-written by webmarm

I think they were neglecting CJ because it was already dead in the water. I don't think they were very happy there and probably didn't want to be involved with affiliates at CJ any more. Rude, yes, but somewhat understandable. You would probably do the same if you were getting ready to pull the plug. If they have an indy program, they might feel differently.

My wife is pissed!

Everyone is pissed. CJ needs to do what it takes to hang on to their merchants.

I would hope they will go kiss Krupps a$$ and get them back and I mean right now!

Otherwise, Brian and all the good AMs need to be in front of the Krupps store, standing on their heads and doing cartwheels to get Krupps attention.

Of course, it could be something else. I just know what I was told and that was quite a while ago.

BS, it's lousy business to not answer your affiliates. Building loyalty in your affiliates means they might follow you.

Blaming CJ for their leaving is one thing. Blaming CJ for Krupps' lack of business savvy with their affiliate force is another.
    Video Marketing Success eBook -- co-written by webmarm

I agree but remember it is just a family owned business. I think the should get an outside AM.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    First Kitchenetc, now Krupps, with all this extra work, I'll never make it to the beach for a day..

ABW Ambassador
    Krupps is still active. I saw them in the deactivated list yesterday with The Territory Ahead and Baby Bazaar. They still show as active if i go to get links.

Baby Bazaar sent this out:
    "You may have received a message this morning telling you that Babybazaar was no longer available in the CJ network.
    Please disregard this message as it has been sent to you by mistake.

We will continue to provide you with the best marketing offers to develop mutually profitable relationships.

Have a wonderful day

Marc Cohen
    CEO"

So i wouldn't go pulling any links quite yet. Probably was a mistake with Krupps also.

Yup, Krupps is off the deactivated list, but Rugs USA has been added.

Maybe these guys hadn't paid their bills on time?

OK

Site is working again. I'm certainly glad. Not as if I don't have enough to do and worry about without all that.

Well, maybe CJ is finally doing something right and NOT extending credit then leaving us in the lurch.

If it was money, they got it paid pretty soon after the links went dead. Better to have dead links for a few hours than to have merchants who get away with stiffing us for months. I was already looking for a backup as I am sure everyone else was.

If they had stayed dead, I would have had another merchant up sometime next week. If they had been given credit, I might have gotten stiffed for months.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Krupps is off the deactivated list,

Great, that's a bunch of 404s that won't be happening to my sites!

quote:
    maybe CJ is finally doing something right and NOT extending credit then leaving us in the lurch.

But then again, HomeVisions was extended due to nonpayment last I checked...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I wish they would make up my mind!!

Fortunately, I don't use too many CJ merchants. Just a few old ones hanging around.

Still, replacing them and re-doing all those pages would be a pain.

ABW Ambassador
    Never had Krupps on my site but got an invitation to Gardener's Supply Company. Couldn't find any posts on these forums using the search.

Anything known about this program?

Always leary when I'm invited to join a private program. As Groucho said, "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member."

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    Gardener's Supply Company is over at LS. One of the better garden merchants IMO.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread