yup, they're back, finally. I was spot-checking their web site and clicked on the affiliate link and got a real signup page for once. My list in CJ shows them also.

now what . . .

and I found some substitutes for their stuff along the way, so it will be a while before I give them the effort I did before.

Has anyone explained why they are not getting any affiliates to use their line?

IDIOTS!

IMO: They can kiss my dust!

i made a few small sales with them in the past. their product catalog has lotsa goodies if you can attract people who don't know where to get the stuff. but our local WalMart is even carrying a decent supply now so I don't know how useful they will be.

I've replaced their links and changed the theme of the pages (several, interlocking) already. I have a small panel of text links listing the countries their inventory represents. I may put just those links up as places like kalyx.com fit the new theme.

love to know what happened there . . .

Affiliate Manager
    Hi all, just to let you know, the Ethnic Grocer Website is undergoing an upgrade and will be coming out with an updated (finally!) product feed, creative etc. We are in a holding pattern until then, as the links will change with the new site. Banners and text ads are your safest bet as they will be redirected automatically to the new pages.

We are really trying not to be Idiots! I've been actively reviewing all apps, responding to emails and doing what I can until the new site is live. I think there is potential with this program, which is why we wanted to manage it.

Ethnic Grocer APM

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    googog2000, unfortunately you have a lot of bad karma to offset.

Who is the "we" you refer to in your post? I like to know who I'm dealing with when the merchant outsources their affiliate program.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    kay here is why I think ethnic grocer is completely Ghetto....

IF you were to go to any major retailer, like even minor retailers...do you think you would ever, like ever ever.....find link popularity links???

"About Us Privacy Affiliate FAQ Shipping Info . Real Estate Links"

Real estate links?????????

LOL how ghetto is that....Forget Eminem....Ethnic grocer is the real slim shady.

Diddy

someone's brother-in-law needed a little boost in business?

So far I've put up minimal links for EG, waiting for the changes.

I have to tell you a humorous story. Over two years ago I emailed most of the CJ merchants asking for datafeeds outside of CJ. Around June 20th, nearly two years later I received a response to that email from Ethnic Grocer. I just about fell out of my chair and sent them a firm email telling them I would work with a merchant that takes two years answer emails.

Well, I got an apology letter from the AM explaining how they had taken over and were trying to pick up the pieces. I understand that and appreciated the explanation. However, common business sense should have told them that perhaps an explanation should have been sent with the first email explaining the two year delay. That's the part that still bothers me.

Frankly, Ethnic Grocer has hurdles, mountains actually, to scale in order to turn around their program. The AM may be the best on earth (forgetting the common sense issue) but the merchant is very guilty of ignoring his/her program for so many years. If this AM up and quits tomorrow, would we not expect to be treated the same (Ignored) as we were two years ago? It does make one think.

I think this merchant needs to bend over backwards, offering all kinds of incentives for affiliates to show their new found good faith. A very low reversal rate would be great also.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    Smile Explanation - why I didn't give it....
    Didn't really have one. So I chose not to make one up...

Rhea, "we" is me and my partner. My name is Jennifer and my partner (Christina) and I started an "OPM" company called Watchdogam. If you add the w's and the com, you can visit our site for more info, if you care to. We will be starting a forum at ABestWeb for Watchdog and and a new merchant we took on recently.

I hope that answers your question! Well gotta head off to the beach, (VERY hot here right now...) please drop by our forum when it comes up. I don't know how long they usually take, so when we're up I'll stop by and say Howdy.

Cheers!

Jennifer

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread